[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone, hope you're doing ok. Several weeks ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
Hello everyone, hope you're doing ok. Several weeks ago I came across some test about OCD, there was this question if I get taboo sexual thoughts, yeah, I get some crazy thoughts sometimes and it doesn't even have to be sexual, thoughts like what if jumped under a train and stuff like that, but it wasn't even bothering me and I thought it was normal, but this test said that I'm suffering from OCD, so I freaked out and started researching and found that there was this thing called intrusive thoughts and it's normal to get them from time to time and if they're not bothering you. So I was fine. But the thing is, the stuff that I read about intrusive thoughts stuck in my head, like some guy who said that he had a friend who was afraid that he might abuse a child. And now this thing thing keeps popping up in my head, especially when I see kids, I don't necessarily get particular thoughts, it's more like this theme about abuse and I don't really like having this and especially the idea that it'll keep showing up in the future. I wasn't really comfortable discussing this thing with a therapist so we just talked about OCD and he said that I don't have it. Now I'm afraid that I damaged my psyche because of reading about this thing. Or maybe I'm fine and I'm just overreacting? I should probably get busy again, I was depressed for a while now and I didn't do anything for more than a month, just lying and watching tv or browsing reddit, reading about mental issues and how to get out of depression, I didn't do anything towards my goals, didn't do hobbies, didn't look for a job, I don't feel like the person I once was, I'd really love to hear some encouragement, I don't want to hear about mental illnesses or therapists anymore, just some comfort and reassurance. I was was so happy before July and then all of a sudden I became so sad, started reading about mental issues and became so confused and even more depressed. I'm really sorry for rambling.
>>
Try another therapist. And ideally another more. If you get the same outcome, chances are you don't have anything.

This kind of things can come and go. I'd suggest a blood test (if you can afford) to see if you're hormonally right and nothing's fucking you up.

As for OCD, I do not know. The spectrum is INMENSE, and most people have one of the traits but by a small amount. So don't beat yourself up too much.

If you do get a positive OCD by one of those therapists, then you got treatment or drugs for it. No matter the outcome, you got posibilities, so please try to work on those
>>
It is all in your head m8, whatever you beleive you perceive, fear is a concept you create in your mind, it is not real.
>>
even though you're reddit scum i feel for you
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.