[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother uses my anxiety and insecurity to make me feel shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1376011554299.jpg (426KB, 2316x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1376011554299.jpg
426KB, 2316x1676px
Okay, at the moment I am feeling really well about myself, I have my anxiety controlled, and my insecurity is something in the past, but every time I talk with one of my parents they bring those past times to make me feel shitty, it does not bring my old problems back to life, I know myself too well to let someone fuck me up, also, I kinda love myself.

Why would someone, at most, a mother, bring these issues just as a way to win an argument?
>>
>>17438675
>Why would someone, at most, a mother, bring these issues just as a way to win an argument?
Narcissism. It's a way to keep you down so that you're kept under their control. They don't want you to get better.

You should look into the online support group raisedbynarcissists and see if you can find any other similarities. It's pretty eye opening for most people.
>>
>>17438739
Thanks a lot, I did some research about it, and I found that I feel similar as people with Borderline Personality Disorder, so I will dig deeper to find something to help myself, thank you!
>>
>>17438675
You're an adult, right?
So are they.
You have equal footing now.
Your parents gave birth to you, and it's great if you can have good bonds with them, but if they're exploiting your anxiety like this, just leave. You are your own free-thinking person that doesn't have to take shit from these people.
>>
don't put up with it. My parents did the same thing for a decade. Your parents claim to love you, and I am sure you think they love you. But to them you are just an object to take up positive energy from. They secretly hate you and that's why they love tearing you down and hurting you emotionally.

Fuck those people brah. My parents did it to me and have zero remorse, left me socially retarded almost. Now I am on my way back to recovery and they can't stand it. Move out after getting a decent job and don't tell to them at all - no contact. If they disrespect you, disrespect them back and then cut contact. My mother used to do all sorts of fucked up shit till one day I had enough and slapped her right in the face. After that she never talked down to me.
>>
>>17438675
there are many people who use this to keep you down as another anon said, but you have the option of not having anything to do with them, just like all toxic people, be polite and go on with your life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.