[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm coming out on the opposite side of almost 2 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: darksenseofhumor.jpg (46KB, 480x443px) Image search: [Google]
darksenseofhumor.jpg
46KB, 480x443px
So I'm coming out on the opposite side of almost 2 years of depression and drinking problems.

After heavily limiting my alcohol intake, I've found that a lot of the people I used to hang out with and just get totally fucked up with have since stopped hanging around me.

It's a little sad, but I've set a principle for myself so I figure I have no choice but to move on.

I guess my problem is that now I don't really know how to make friends my age (24) that don't just get hammered all the time.

I have hobbies like RPGs and exercise, biking and what not, but I have to be honest and admit that a lot of the reason I drank was to overcome social anxiety.

I guess I just don't know where to start, and I don't know how to meet people to participate in these hobbies with me.

Any recommendations /adv/? I know it will take some time but I'm willing to be patient.
>>
First of all good for you for turning it around. I did the same around a year ago and I'm in the same boat as you.

It's so obvious that it sounds stupid, but if you can get involved in a social activity that involves your interests, you'll meet people there.

I play guitar and have friends in bands, so sometimes I go and jam with them and meet new people. If you belong to a gym you might have a chance there too. You could take a class or something, idk.

Good luck.
>>
>>17438567
Thanks brah, good luck to you as well.

I guess I need to expand my horizons or something.

My problem is that as soon as I start getting close to someone, it comes down to "let's get drinks", which is a big problem.

Even the social bike ride in my city ends with everyone hanging out and getting drunk at the the end. It's a conundrum to say the least.
>>
>>17438579
Yeah I get that, but if it's a one on one thing you can usually just tell them you don't drink and if they're not a dick they'll understand and be cool with it.

Also if you're interested in the bike ride I wouldn't discount the entire thing just cause it ends with people meeting for drinks. You can still hang out at bars if you have the self control to just drink water or whatever. And maybe be prepared to take a little shit.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.