[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a small problem with my neighbor's grandchildren.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Gee whiz.jpg (10KB, 227x170px) Image search: [Google]
Gee whiz.jpg
10KB, 227x170px
I have a small problem with my neighbor's grandchildren.

I have a bike that isn't fully paid off yet, and these *ahem* "free range" children, have been caught messing with it while it was still chained up. (playing with the handlebars, riding it without going anywhere, moving the front wheel back and forth, etc.)

The neighbor is at work right now, and their father is sleeping in another apartment.

I know they're just kids, but they run around the apartment complex all day without supervision; the neighbor and father have also received complaints from the children climbing all over the cars in the parking lot.

Should I contact the neighbor and father to give them a warning, or should I simply file a complaint to the part-time landlord?
>>
>>17438013

Talk to the father first.
>>
>>17438013

Try talking to the parents, but I doubt it'll help. Still, that's the first step to take.

The only real solution, though? Be a "scary neighbor." Next time you catch them messing with the bike, come out and yell at them. Make it clear your stuff isn't to be messed with.

Don't go overboard or anything, just raise your voice and be firm. If it's a gang of teenagers this could backfire, but if they're young kids they'll respond well to a bit of anger and authority.
>>
They're not teenagers, they're around eight and six.

I'm super thankful for this advice. Any other comments about this topic will definitely be appreciated and taken into consideration.
>>
Parent of 3 little rascals aged 4 to 7 here.

"Free range" can be the result of no affordable/available daycare, so what needs to be addressed is their inability to behave when on their own.

1. I sure as hell would want to know if my kids were doing this. Tell the father, but not in an accusing manner. Some parents get really defencive when it comes to their kids' behavior, so angle it in a way that does not sound like you're questioning his parenting skills, but rather informing him of what his kids are up to when they think he's not in charge.

2. I wouldn't mind a "scary incident" to teach them a lesson, but make sure the father is onboard so that he knows that it's harmless. Perhaps suggest this when following Step 1.
>>
Current status: Heavy rain and hail the size of water softener pellets, so nobody's going to go near my bike anytime soon.

I see. It's good to get advice from the perspective of parents. I'll definitely find and talk to the father once this weather lightens up.

This is all great advice, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I'm still open to others' intake and advice.
>>
Call CPS. The children are being neglected and neglect is a form of abuse
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.