[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So recently, I got out almost entirely of a very expensive hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2016-07-22-18h24m02s801.png (171KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-22-18h24m02s801.png
171KB, 704x480px
So recently, I got out almost entirely of a very expensive hobby I've had for about 7 years. I'm not posting what it is in the OP because I don't want to spark off some nasty debate. In this area, I was incredibly knowledgeable, and often my advice was sought by others looking for help, even if they weren't willing to become aficionados themselves. I didn't have a great job, but I always managed to put some money into this hobby, and often managed to get good deals because I had a knack for finding these things.

Thin times would come and go, and I'd always be alright with selling off some of my property to keep things moving in my life, but I started realizing that, aside from actually having money to spare, I didn't like buying my stuff because it meant dealing with people I don't like on principle. It's not because of race, religion, or something superficial; it had more to do with how they thought and acted. I honestly hated dealing with these people, but I can't get my stuff anywhere else, so I had to stomach their bullshit just long enough to pay and leave.

So, about a month ago, I sold off everything. I saved one or two pieces for the sake of having them, but everything else, down to bare accessories, was piped away so I wouldn't have to see it again. I had to haggle a bit but I got most of what I was asking for, and now I have an empty space where most of it was.

Except, of course, now I'm feeling the need to get back into it. It's not a hobby you can run around outside showing to everyone, and you really can't do much with it, but goddamn if I'm not tempted. I just hate the people I would have to associate with, and the negative stigma it comes with.

Thoughts, /adv/?
>>
you're done with that, do something else
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9_m.jpg (21KB, 220x240px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9_m.jpg
21KB, 220x240px
>I'm not posting what it is in the OP

I swear to god, you are some of the most boring fucks on the entire internet.
>>
>>17437677
I was a gun collector. Now you see why I didn't want to post that first?
>>
It was guns wasn't it. I will never understand why gunfags are OK with getting gouged to such a ludicrous degree on the price of weapons and ammunition. A Glock 19 costs less than $20 to produce but sells for over 600, wtf?
>>
>>17437685

I'm a gun-grabbing commu-lib and I don't give a shit. You're not a fucking snowflake.
>>
>>17437685
No you sound like a bitch
>>
Take up archery.
>>
>>17437648
if you are mentally capable of getting good at something like this, you are mentally capable of getting good/knowledgeable about some new hobby that has less of a stigma and is more productive.
pick up a sport, learn an instrument, start reading books. there's so many alternatives
>>
>>17437718
This.
>>
>>17437698
That was actually a big one. I couldn't stand the craigslist mentality some of these guys had when you were buying or selling.

>Hey, I have a Stevens 5100, asking $150
>dur I'll giv u $65 and the distributor cap to a camaro

>Hi, I saw you were asking $350 for that old Model 10, what would you say to $325?
>PRICES FIRM DO U KNO WHERE THIS CAME FROM THIS IS AMERICAN MADE YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANOTHER LIKE IT AGAIN
>1 week later, he's emailing me saying he'll take $325 "if you have something to throw in and sweeten the deal."

Then you go to the shop, and there's a really nice Star, in it's box, with the papers and spare mags, for $300. No sooner have you jumped on it, some fat security gaurd from WalMart is breathing down your neck, picking up the gun you just bought (as in, money is in the dealers hands, background check is done, I'm literally almost out the door) racking and dry firing your shit, then dropping it on the counter and muttering something about a new Sig.

I guess I just can't stand assholes.
>>
>>17437685
>Now you see why I didn't want to post that first?
>on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>17437745
weapons in general attract all kinds of fucking retards man. i only buy and sell online with gunbroker and make trades via an FFL buddy. yes I believe probably overpay, but it's worth it not dealing with the unwashed masses.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.