[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for someone bilingual to be less autistic in one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (375KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
375KB, 640x1136px
Is it possible for someone bilingual to be less autistic in one language than another?

I am perfectly sociable and apparently likeable in english - in text just as fine as in person - while being a complete, absolute sperg in my own. This also applies online, without mentioning that it isn't my first language, as americans like to assume everyone on the internet is a countryman, so it can't be just weird exotic rarity value people like.

Is it possible to become more likeable to my own people? How do I get better with a language I learned to speak with?
>>
No suomen kieli nyt on aika törkeetä kun sitä miettii.
>>
I think it's about the way you think, try to find the unsaid rules under your language, when can you say this or that, when you can use this word instead of this. Try to define the rules of your language, it might work.
>>
>>17437042
I don't understand what you mean.
>>
>>17437050
Tell me, why do you feel like a sperg? Explain what makes you feel that way?
>>
>>17437039
sprölölölöö :DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>17437073
Ebin!!!
>>
>>17437066
I don't know what I do, but I am disliked in finnish. People like me much more in english. I fail to get a date again and again and every guy and girl who's ever been interested in me has been from beyond some border.
>>
>>17437086
No vastaa suomeksi niin voidaan arvioida että missä menee pieleen?
>>
>>17437097
Mä en ihan oikeasti tiedä.
>>
>>17437102
Oletko sä liian törkeä, käytätkö kirjakieltä (se voi vaikuttaa teennäiseltä), käytätkö liian vaikeita sanoja? Voihan se vaan olla että sulla on ollut huono tuuri ja et oo saanu suomalaisia tytyjä kiinnostumaan. Tuskin se nyt siitä on kiinni miten puhut vaan ihan jostain muusta.
>>
I am confidence man in Japanese but awkward in English

There are lots of reasons
>>
>>17437108
Jaa-a. Espoosta Riihimäelle muuttaessa alkuasukkaiden kiroilun määrä otti vähän vastaan mutta oon kai tottunut siihenkin, eikä murre muuten ole erilaista, vaikka kaverit on jo lopettanut huomauttelemasta oudoista sanoista, joiden käytön olen kai sitten joko lopettanu tai ne luovutti. Mulla kesti pitkään ennen ku tajusin et "mä en tiedä mitä toi tarkottaa" ei ole "ole hyvä ja selitä tämä sana" vaan "älä käytä tollasia".
>>
>>17437086
Do you have popular friends? Just observe, I heard that Scandinavian people are"cold" or something like that, maybe you're acting too much like a foreigner. Try to observe popular people, what makes them popular?
Since you didn't get it naturally, you need to study them, just like a zoologist does for a new specie.
>>
>>17437114
No joo okei itse muuttanut just Espooseen alunperin Jyväskylästä ja vähän kyll ärsyttää kun niin hassusti ihmiset puhuvat. Alkais ens viikolla Helsingissä työt ja en meinaa saada pomon slangista selvää. Mut oikeesti, tosi pieniä eroja noi Suomessa kuitenkin on.
>>
It's called Linguistic relativity. Language literally dictates how you think.
>>
>>17437119
I'm an adult, the concept of popularity is lost to me in the post-middle school world.

When I was 14-16 the popular guys had homemade tattoos and drank and fucked and smoked weed and got into tangles with cops. the popular girls were fucking 18-21-year-old guys who offer them liquor and cigarettes.

Now I'm 22 and The Most Popular Dude of my former class is working at the same factory as I do, doing the same work. He still has homemade tattoos and drinks and fucks and smokes weed and gets into tangles with cops. We get drunk together because he doesn't really have any other friends

>>17437131
So my best bet really is to try and charm myself an american wife and make her move to Mordor with me.
>>
>>17437142
By popular I meant just sociable and liked by people. Try to see what makes people react goodly or badly, as if you're trying to understand the customs of some foreign country.
>>
>>17437170
I have no idea what or where to look for.
>>
Danish, feel the exact same way. In English I'm cool and witty and easygoing, I like being around foreign students and such for this reason. I feel like my mother tongue sounds so awkward, the thought of dirty talk in Danish makes me cringe.
>>
>>17437113
Confidence man sounds like a super hero name.
>>
>>17437232
Finns are by default completely silent during sex purely because the language is unsexy enough to turn them off.
>>
>>17437256
This gives me hope. But then what if you want to change positions or something?
>>
>>17437232
Dutch reporting in, our language isn't pretty either but I was surprised myself at how much I preferred dirty talk in my own language. It just seems to hit a deeper spot within you to hear someone tell you they want you in the language that you cried for your parents in and were assured that you were loved in as a child.
>>
>>17437261
I forgot to add but yeah, it's a well observed phenomenon that people's personality is marginally different in another language. Apparently it is also much easier to undero therapy sessions about painful stuff in your second language than in your first, because your associations with the words are less intense and primal.

Also I'd guess it has to do with subconsciously associating your other language with fewer experiences you've had speaking it, so it is tied to a less broad part of yourself and your life experiences...
>>
>>17437257
Simple instructions will do.

>>17437261
Dutch people SAY that kind of things? Out loud? To their children?

>>17437268
I'm technically bilingual, I first learned english when I was about five.
>>
>>17437354
Language in the general sense, not those specific phrases, no.
>>
>>17437363
Yeah, but you say that kind of things? I've never heard my mother say "I love you", and I've never said it to a family member, either.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I've ever actually heard the words said out loud in finnish outside of dubbed disney movies.
>>
>>17437375
Yeah, my parents told me they loved me. Not as a set thing when you hang up the phone or something, but when the moment was right. Obviously I don't know what the exact average experience is but I always got the impression that this (having heard it on rare occasions) was pretty normal for Dutch standards.
>>
>>17437039
Oon ihan samaa mieltä
Olen yrittänyt oppia puhumaan sujuvasti suomee noin 4 vuotta nyt ja vieläkin minulla on vaikutuksia suomenkielentaitoni kanssa (Suomi ei ole äidinkieleni btw mutta asun suomessa)
>>
>>17437036
I remember hearing that it's pretty common for people to have a different personality when they change languages, actually

Also, you may naturally be more tactful in a foreign language just by virtue of having to think hard about everything you say
>>
لا ما عليك يالزلم ترى العموم يصير فيه چءي لما يعرف اكثر من لغة
>>
>>17437386
Jos se yhtään lohduttaa, 100% mun kavereista on äidinkieleltä suomalaisia ja sä kirjotat sitä paremmin kuin puolet niistä.

>>17437403
English isn't even a *foreign* language to me, I've spoken it fluently since before I learned how to read.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.