[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend crashing on my couch because he was kicked out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1470458483160.gif (491KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
1470458483160.gif
491KB, 480x198px
I have a friend crashing on my couch because he was kicked out by his wife.
The past week he has barely talked about it because that's his own business.
Last night he spent 12 hours with his wife and daughter at a theme park and I thought he may have solved it till he came back to my place at 11pm.
How do you spend an entire day with your family without gaining any ground for her to let you back into the house you're staying in?
I want to help the guy but I also want to make sure he's making an actual attempt to either fix his life or divorce her. I want resolution because I don't want a roommate who's paying for someone to live in his house.
Should I give him an ultimatum to do something about this or get out of my house?
Side note: he did the same thing last year but stayed at my place while I was deployed to the desert. I don't know how long he stayed before.
>>
>>17436914
Have a chat with him. Ask him how it's going with his wife and if they are sorting shit out.
If you only get vague responses then it might be time to chime in on your feelings about him living on your couch.
Explain that you've been happy to help him out but he needs to make a decision and either find a place of his own (with a bedroom) or go back to his home.

Theres a difference between helping someone who is actively trying to help themselves, and being taken advantage of.
>>
cucked
>>
>>17436914
How do you get kicked out of a house you're paying for?
>>
OP here.
I had to goto the laundromat this morning and he mentioned he has to go too:

How was the theme park?
>Good
did your daughter like the gift?
>yeah but she didn't bring her game boy for the 2 hour drive
Did you make any headway with your wife?
>yeah
Want me to drop by your place to do laundry so you can chat with her more?
>no. Our dryer is broke anyway
(We are both military. If something is broke in your house on base supplied by them, they'll replace it or fix it...what the fuck are the wife and daughter doing about laundry?)
>plus she's probably at church
I can drop you off at church if you like. We still haven't left the drive way
>no.

...come on. You have to talk to someone to solve shit. You can't just see them once a week and solve shit through text messages that I hope you're sending and not just playing pokemon go.
I'm giving the guy the opportunity to fix his shit and he's not taking it
>>
File: 1448589939195.jpg (13KB, 236x262px) Image search: [Google]
1448589939195.jpg
13KB, 236x262px
OP again.
I talked to him.
Found out the whole story. It's simple and stupid
>can I borrow the car to go to the grocery store. i promise i'll bring it back unlike last time where i kept it for too long
And she still said no.
He overreacted and start throwing away old pictures and stuff because he was having a temper-tantrum and holding a grudge. And she asked him to leave.
He's been texting her and talked to her twice over the past week. They're both working on flaws supposedly (he holds grudges and she's not trusting).
Overall I told him it looked to me like he was not even trying to fix the relationship to which point he had no response because he supposedly is scared if it will/will not work out.
I repeated over and over and over that I want to help him, it's not inconveniencing me at all, and just talk to me because I can't help unless he asks.
I also told him that he needs to stop avoiding his wife by spending 18 hours at work. He needs to actually spend time with his family. Try to remember why you married her. "Happy wife is a happy life".
Right now doing what a marriage counselor said: Making a list of regrets he has had over the years while he's been married and going to talk to her on Wednesday.
Supposedly he's going to ask to move back in too because from what I understand, only he's the one who doesn't feel comfortable going home.

Did I do right, /adv/?
I want to help but I want him out of my house because I firmly believe he needs to either talk with her in person or seek professional help. Not live 30 minutes away and not see her entirely.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.