[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live a normal life believing that a narcissistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1469388924001.png (1MB, 799x807px) Image search: [Google]
1469388924001.png
1MB, 799x807px
Is it possible to live a normal life believing that a narcissistic father could show up at your door at any minute and kill you and your family because you refuse to be a part of his life?

No I don't have any evidence beside his frustration and my speculation on what a pathological narcissist is capable of in such a situation.

Am I a pussy? Is it possible to change this belief without undergoing therapy? Should I man up, sit it out for a few more months or do I run the risk of developing a mental illness myself? The anxiety doesn't seem to go away and it's been like this for two weeks. Life is not fun anymore.

Halp /adv/
>>
>>17435035

no. however you dont have to hold that belief. even just knowing you have a weapon and keep your windows locked is all you need.

yes you are being a pussy.

worse case scenario, just move and dont tell him
>>
>>17435035

uwotm8?

Don't diagnose people, you are not a psychiatrist

Just live your life
>>
Get a gun, you'll feel better. No joke, growing up before my family moved I always was scared of what would happen if my shitstick dad showed up at the door. It's a genuine fear to have if he was a shitty enough person, but you shouldn't let it be all consuming. Bought myself a hell of an air rifle and some nasty pellets (pic related) and kept it in my room. Made me feel a lot better regardless of if it would even be effective for self defense. Of course we moved and obviously he didn't hear about it so things are all good. But given my asthma and anxiety, my airgun and combat knife were my two prized possessions growing up, they gave me a sense that I could defend myself and I wasn't helpless. Airgun busted a seal and I had to toss it though, rip.
>>
File: ds177_4_2.jpg (331KB, 3000x1397px) Image search: [Google]
ds177_4_2.jpg
331KB, 3000x1397px
>>17435082
Forgot my pic
>>
>>17435035
U sound like ur thinking too much. Get busier. Get another job or go to the gym n get buff so no one can knock u out.
>>
>>17435096
Yeah definitely was thinking too much. I was like 14 or 15 and had a pile of dorky health issues, didn't even consider working out. But at the end of the day I felt safer and it gave me enough reprieve to rationalize my concerns and relax a bit, and now I can cut the stem of a leaf in a tree with a bullet.
>>
>>17435035
Believe it or not, it is actually very very rare for anyone to show up at anyone's door and kill them.

Why not worry about something much more likely to happen, like being struck by lightning twice?
>>
>>17435035
>pathological narcissist
this is 99.999% of 'anons' on the interweb
>>
>>17435348
retarded sheeple waiting to be culled by the opportunists
>>
move away and don't talk to anybody you know now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.