[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't I have any ambition or motivation? I used to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (74KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 640x360px
Why don't I have any ambition or motivation? I used to be so driven and focused. I wanted to be the first in my family to go to college and get a degree. And I did; a BS in physics from an Ivy League.

Now, months after my graduation, I sit round doing jack shit all day. I've got no reason to live. I just sort of exist.

When I ask for help, people either give me some bullshit "do what you love", or say "you're really smart and driven! You'll be fine!!!"

But every day i come up fruitless. I can't think of a single goal id like to work towards or a single job I would enjoy.

How do I get my passion and drive back? Where do I find it?
>>
What are you interested in?
>>
>>17434471

You should probably get a job for now. You are unlikely to enjoy it, but at least you won't be broke.
>>
U picked physics for some reason right?
>>
Work on your masters. Find a new goal.
>>
Go back to basics.
Pick up an old hobby you used to love b4 u went balls deep in school.

Embrace ur existance dude, we all are just "existing" in this world.

At the end of the day, there will always be something more you feel you could have attained.
Lifes about using the time u have and appreciating what things you do have. You graduated an ivy league school with a physics degree dawg, not everyone has the fortitude for that......

If you want a quick fix, then go drop some acid or take some shrooms.
>>
>>17434471
Perfectly normal. You spent years of your life with one specific goal in mind, and now you reached it. The obvious question is "What now?" and that stymies a lot of people for a while.

Cut yourself some slack. The numbness will wear off and you'll begin to think in terms of a new set of goals.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.