[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to deal with people giving you shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Asian chick.jpg (109KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Asian chick.jpg
109KB, 960x960px
What's the best way to deal with people giving you shit about your height?

I'm only 5'0, and people always feel the need to bring it up. How do I get them to stop?
>>
Well, for one, there's no need to compensate. People that feel the need to talk about your height are dicks. I usually ignore it. Or I say something back.

I never felt like I had to be smarter etc. than others in comparison because of my height. But when you show a certain confidence, they stop bringing it up anyway. They want to see if it makes you insecure, because it's such an easy thing to be insecure about.
>>
>be 6'6
>"How's the weather up there" "You must play basket ball" x200 every fucking day
>start to respond with ultra sarcasm
>example: "OH HO HO YES, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT ONE BEFORE, EXCEPT FOR THE 15 OTHER TIMES I HEARD IT IN THE LAST HOUR. YOU MUST BE A FOUNTAIN OF WIT AND CHARM FOR SUCH ORIGINAL COMMENTARY. PLEASE REGALE ME WITH MORE"
>it takes them a bit to realize I'm mocking them
>they fuck off all pissy like

They think they're being smart, but you have to show them they're unoriginal and boring.
>>
>>17434301
>be short
>take anon's advice
>"lol, napoleon syndrome"
There's literally no way to win
>>
>>17434301
6'7 here, relatable. Sarcasm seemed to stop working though, only manages to piss people off, got more ideas?
>>
>>17434276
I'm 5'3. I come from a place with short people. Although it's not much of a hassle there, I often feel ugly due to low stature.
>>
I'm a 5 foot tall babyfaced womanlet and almost no one gives me shit for my height. If they do bring it up the most they ever say is something like "Wow, you're short" and I respond "Yeah, I know."
>>
People who make fun of you for your height are fucking awful considering it's something you can barely change. I don't have that problem because I'm at an average height but I still try to avoid making fun of anyone for their height, or if I do I'm normally joking or I know them well.

As for avoiding or dealing with it, not much you can do except make them feel like shit about it.
>>
>>17434301
>not replying to the weather comment with "It's great, but it's warmer down south."

Step it up tallfriend.
>>
OP, are you a girl or a guy? Because being that short is a completely difference experience depending on your gender.
>>
>>17434276
"My height seems to bother you more than it does me. I wonder what that says about you...."
>>
>5'6 manlet
>Want to date a 5'0 woman
>All their boyfriends are 6'7
>>
File: 1453401519982.jpg (102KB, 676x740px) Image search: [Google]
1453401519982.jpg
102KB, 676x740px
>mfw 5'8" and noone gives a fuck
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
5'7 FeelsBadMan
>>
Just avoid these kind of people they're retards
>>
>>17434276
Headbutt them in the dick
>>
>>17434594
Mine's 5'8", actually.
>>
I appreciate short women. I think it's adorable when they look at me with a goofy grin and tell me I'm tall.

Real answer: stop wanting to make other people do things. If they don't treat you the way you want, tell them to fuck off.
>>
I'm a 5ft petite blonde. Nobody ever mentions my height. Nobody gives a shit, nobody mocked me ever. OP you must improve your appearance (like hair, makeup, clothes) so height will be the last thing they notice. Also surrounding yourself with mature people might help as well
>>
>>17435287
Hey that's mean man.
>>
File: 1470420680338.jpg (20KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1470420680338.jpg
20KB, 575x323px
>>17434594

This, what the fuck?

Explain yourselves, disgusting females
>>
>>17435618
Its not like we're obligated to like them. I've been on dates with guys that range for 5'6 to 6'5. I definitely prefer guys around 5'10.
>>
>>17434335
I cannot relate to the height comments, but I generally find staring blankly at people when they say stupid things works.
>>
>>17435624

and how short are you, Brittney?

4'8? 5'1?

Point proven in 5.... 4... 3.... 2....
>>
File: 1457766991829.gif (606KB, 680x703px) Image search: [Google]
1457766991829.gif
606KB, 680x703px
>>17434276
>tfw 6'5 male wishing to be 5'0
mfw
>>
>>17435639

trap detected
>>
People are always gonna comment on something, it's impulsive. Be thankful the concern is something mundane like your height and not a hideous deformity. Somebody has always got it worse.
>>
>>17435637
5'0.

You sound like a bitter manlet. Just accept the fact that most girls would rather date an average size guy.
>>
>>17435665

I'm actually 5'10 coincidentally but I wouldn't date a height-obsessed shallow bitch like you. Stay mad, Chloe.
>>
Own it. Learn to banter. If they talk about your appearance, take it as an opportunity to roast them. If they're cool it'll build camaraderie. If they're insecure bitches and get their feelings hurt, fuck them they can go cry somewhere else.

If you're an insecure bitch, then learn to not be such an insecure bitch.
>>
>>17435724
How is wanting an average guy obsessed? By your logic, wanting to date anyone over 5/10 makes you obsessed with appearance.

Btw I don't care if a guy wouldn't date a short girl, it just they're preference.
>>
>>17434276
headbutt the crotch
>>
>>17434335
>>17434301
6'2" here. I don't get the tall or short comments. Feels normal man. The most I get I would get is when dating girls would say "omg i can actually wear heels when I am with you XD"
>>
I had a ginger friend once, people always gave him shit for being ginger, but it never stopped him from picking up girls.

This is the way he put it to me: 'There are two ways you can wake up in the morning, either thinking 'oh I'm ginger' or thinking 'I'm the king of the gingers!'.

What I'm trying to say is that it comes down to your attitude, how you treat yourself for being below average height will have the biggest impact on how other people treat you for being below average height.

Always going to be some assholes, but there will also be some people who are impressed by how you carry yourself.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.