[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

be me >11 years old >family friend who was practically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (74KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 633x758px
be me
>11 years old
>family friend who was practically my aunt dies
>feel nothing about it
>don't even choose to go to her funeral
>be me 15
>grandmother who lived next door to me my whole life dies
>never cry a single tear when I get the phone call at school, at her funeral, or looking at her dead body
>be me yesterday
>have to put down family dog (who we've had 15 years)
>cry myself to sleep two night a row before the appointment
>cry as I hold her in my arms as she's put down
>still crying the next day
What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>17434059
Nothing.
>>
>>17434059
When I was 15, my grandma died, and I shed maybe one tear and only because everyone else was fucking bawling. And it wasn't because she was gone really, but because I felt a little guilty over the fact that even though she adored me, I had honestly always considered her an inconvenience or nuisance. Now I miss her a lot and appreciate her.

There's nothing wrong with you OP: children and teenagers are little sociopaths - they are evolutionarily hard wired to be innately selfish so that they can make it to adulthood and reproduce. the fact that as (I assume) an adult you feel more empathy for a dog than you did for family members as an adolescent is perfectly normal.
>>
>>17434558
I still think back to her death and it doesn't even bother me.
>>
>>17434059
OP the fact that you are wondering whether something is wrong with you means there is nothing wrong with you

You are empathetic and aware of the shortcomings of the human psyche.

Don't worry OP, being a child is hard and we don't know how to react to things. Once you grow up a bit more you will cry over your lost relatives, and it's perfectly okay that you didn't cry as a kid

I haven't lost any relatives and right now I want to cry for the moment that it happens. I'm scared, I'm 22 and I've never lost anyone not even a pet and I'm scared that I wasn't prepared like most people were by losing someone as a young child.
>>
I always respond with anger at funerals. Everybody reacts differently. It is okay
>>
We all react in different ways emotionally. There is a general consensus on the most proper or polite way to react externally, but you can't change the way you feel.

You aren't a sociopath. I was at a funeral for my best friend's mum, and i went to the wake. At the wake I was smiling, chatting, bantering with my best friend. My reaction to bad news such as death is to keep smiling and be happy. People probably see me as sociopathic for that so I show different emotions externally when necessary.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.