[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in 2 days i will turn 25, i live in the states. Does /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1469765450126.jpg (97KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
1469765450126.jpg
97KB, 642x414px
in 2 days i will turn 25, i live in the states.

Does /adv/ know what kind of resources I could apply myself for, before i turn 25? a lot of scholarships, etc, have an age cap of 24.
I'm more specifically referring to resources that would help me better myself, or lead me to have a better future.

I'm willing to provide some more details if it helps with suggestions.. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1465282739689.jpg (66KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465282739689.jpg
66KB, 437x600px
>burger bump
>>
Are you in college? Have you done any college? Do you have a job? Are you satisfied with it? Do you have a car, a license and insurance?
>>
File: 1456973566260.png (353KB, 560x586px) Image search: [Google]
1456973566260.png
353KB, 560x586px
>>17433711
Thank you for taking your time to reply to my post.

I'm living with roommates, i recently moved in with them and they charge me a generous price for a room.

i haven't had a job since i moved, although i have a decent/nice resume, with a 10 month term of americorps on it, too.

I'm not in school, never have been in college. i filled out my FAFSA for 2015-2016, but not for 2016-2017. This time in August, i think that it means i've waited too long to complete my FAFSA to go to school in the fall.

I'm working on getting my license back, it's been 5 years since i've gotten a DUI.
I'm not sure if I should get a full time job, part time job, go to school for a higher education, go to a trade school, or what to do..

maybe i need to seek counseling, i feel like i'm wasting my time.
>>
Unless the semester has already started it isn't too late. I registered for classes Friday and started classes monday my first college semester.

You need a car, even if it means moving back home.

Find a shit manual labor job that's full time, many yard companies and contractors will hire any idiot who can move a wheelbarrow, provide transport, and pay 400-600 a week. Save up for a while, get yourself a used car. Chevy impala/ Crown vic/ anything toyota with under 200k miles.

Once you have a car ask yourself what you want to do. College doesn't have to be expensive, but don't go if you can't finish and if you can't pull st least a 3.0
>>
>>17433772
i have no home to go to, although unless my roommates move, i have a roof over my head at a very affordable price, which means the world, since most of my savings is gone..

registering for classes may not be too late, however i'm speaking about FAFSA financial aid; a pellgrant.

i have a decent bike, and the college is just 4 miles away... damn i don't know what to do, or where that will take me in life.

if i had a home to fall back on i wouldn't be so freaked out about becoming home-less again
>>
Don't go to college without a car. You'll get a 9 am class and not being able to drive will just be another reason to not go
It'll rain, snow and be hot and cold

Work full time for shit money, get a car, goto college in the spring or summer then look into getting a job on campus.
>>
File: 1371528331413.gif (401KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1371528331413.gif
401KB, 500x500px
>>17433798
ooo that's a great idea to have a job on campus. you're right; i'm just kicking myself in the butt for burning through my savings from the time i didn't have a job. if i had continued my incline in life and kept saving, or even bought a car--but i wouldn't be where i am now if life hadn't worked out the way it did, and i have a home when i nearly ran out of savings so i am grateful.

it's better to look forward though, even if i did burn time idling my life away..
>>
thank you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.