[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop chronic procrastination? I have been procrastinating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: t3_4tl13r.png (105KB, 991x502px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4tl13r.png
105KB, 991x502px
How do I stop chronic procrastination?

I have been procrastinating learning web development for about 8 months now. Every single day I start out wanting to do it, maybe after an hour or two of browsing the internet, but then it seems so overwhelming to me, since I have so much to learn, and have been procrastinating for so long. Sometimes it's so absurd that I have literally typed into youtube 'how to get started on something right now'

How do I break the mental block?
>>
Usually when I procrastinate I'm either watching youtube videos, reading about something interesting, playing video games, watching twitch, etc.
>>
Just looking for tips, really
Something I could do differently from the last 8 months
>>
plz give advice
>>
pl
z
>>
Get in an argument with a close family member about how worthless you are and how you're not a leach. Worked on my machine. Feeling like you've failed everyone is your biggest motivation, you just need to learn to tap into it.
>>
Some advice that I was given was to set short term goals instead of long term ones. Instead of setting a goal to read a whole book, set a goal to read a few pages or chapters first.

It works for me when I am able to remember it.

Also, fear of failure is a big motivator for me.
>>
Make a tic tac toe game.

Down your adderall, coffee, tea, or other drug of choice, and just go fucking do it.

If you've done two hours of reading you already know a. least 60% of what you need, and you already know where to look to learn the rest when you get to it (MDN and StackOverflow will cover 99% of everything you need).

Stay up all night if you have to: crack open notepad.exe (forget about the fancy fuckin IDE every says to use) and a browser, and make a fucking 3x3 grid that does shit when you click on it.

Make a tic tac toe game.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.