[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fall for a girl >try my absolute best to distance myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1398360198261.gif (889KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1398360198261.gif
889KB, 500x453px
>fall for a girl
>try my absolute best to distance myself from her or make her dislike me
>feel like a total shitbag when I do it but still keep going

Anyone else do this?
It's a really bad feel but at least it keeps me from having unrealistic expectations and stupid dreams.
>>
>>17431678
You messed up the order.

Ask her out, then if she rejects you distance yourself.
>>
>>17431691
I like to preemptively avoid the rejection, I know it'd happen anyway.
>>
>>17431678
>mfw when every girl I have done this ends up liking me.

I've lost respect for girls long time ago.
>>
>>17431678
Read about avoidant attachment type?
>>
>>17431724
Never happened to me, I usually succeed in being unlikeable.

>>17431734
I fit the descriptions a bit but for the most part not really. I also had a great relationship with my parents.
>>
>>17431700

Assuming you'll be rejected is the easiest way to get rejected.
>>
>>17431772
That's the point, I'd rather go the easy route than the long painful one. The outcome's the same.
>>
>>17431734
>avoidant attachment type
Damn, this really depresses me that two people can just fuck you up like this.

I guess people just stop caring after they've already had another marriage or two before and have kids.
>>
>>17431782
But the journey isn't. You'll regret not risking. Give love a chance anon. Prepare yourself beforehand, work on yourself, your boundaries, you self esteem, your issues, and when you will be an emotionally healthy individual you will attract emotionally healthy individuals.
Love is worth the pain of break up. Life is worth the pain of death.
>>
File: 1415586948394.gif (446KB, 606x423px) Image search: [Google]
1415586948394.gif
446KB, 606x423px
>>17431808
>Prepare yourself beforehand, work on yourself, your boundaries, you self esteem, your issues, and when you will be an emotionally healthy individual you will attract emotionally healthy individuals.

I've given up on fixing my issues for the most part. I either can't fix them or I don't want to.
I feel like at this point even my shittier traits are a part of me.
I used to try bettering myself but I failed every time.

Even if my own personal issues would get magically erased I'd still be left with my ridiculous standards and things not related to my personality.
>>
>>17431829
Maybe go to a therapist, it should help you change your perspective on things. Maybe your issues are not really bad.
Too high standards are related to perfectionism, which is related to low self esteem.
Either way, there are people who fit our shortcomings perfectly. It depends what kind do you have to know what kind of people you attract.
Never give up on yourself and think that you're broken.
>>
>>17431836
I went for a little while ages ago, didn't help. He practically told me things I already knew, he told me I know myself extremely well.
He asked why I don't change the things about myself that I think are messing with me and I just said it's because they're an essential part of me.

Yeah I've always been a perfectionist in things I care about, that's why whenever I think of relationships I just think about how people could do way better than me.

I don't attract anyone. I've never had anyone interested in me and I'm way too shit at making the first move.

I'm most definitely broken, I think women not wanting to do anything with me for this many years clearly shows that.
>>
>>17431678
I did that. The result was that she came after me and I forgot to distance myself from her so I started going after her and she rejected me.
>>
>>17431678
youre only hurting your self in the end while the girl meets a new guy who doesnt do that
>>
someone did that to me. perhaps

I love him
but its definitely now down to him to come after me
>>
>>17431678
how fat are you, OP?
>>
>>17432002
I exercise regularly, somewhere around 10% bodyfat nowadays.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.