[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Get out of your computer chair and make yourself a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1444291191304.png (398KB, 699x523px) Image search: [Google]
1444291191304.png
398KB, 699x523px
>"Get out of your computer chair and make yourself a better person"

Easy to say, but how do you do it? Especially when you've been NEET for 8 years?
>>
First you should get out of your computer chair.
Find something you might enjoy, study about it, or go to work or something.
>>
Start by getting a job.
>>
>>17431542

By limiting yourself to 30 mins of video games and internet a day, realizing you have tons of free time, and picking up hobbies that sound cool after said realization
>>
>>17431556
Yeah, "just limit yourself", right?
>>
>>17431554
No shit. But I'm addicted so I can't get my ass off the chair.
>>
>>17431636
By getting up off your ass and just doing it. Don't think about it. Just get up and start working on something. There are so many things I dreaded doing when trying to better myself, but they're it's almost never as bad as your minds eye paints it.

Don't get therapy, don't rely on drugs. Just start working towards your goals.
>>
>>17431565

yes, actually

literally step zero. nothing comes before it. can't improve until you actually fucking take initiative. there's no magic pill that will make it easy, lazy fuck
>>
>>17431636
do you get out of your chair to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom? or do you just do all that in your chair?

next time you get up to go to the bathroom, physically prevent yourself from going back to your chair. even if all you do is spend 10 minutes picking up around the house or doing stretches or sitting in a different chair and looking at a book or something. get in the habit of being places other than your chair. it will take time. do this at least once a day. gradually lengthen the time you spend away from the computer.

eventually you'll get to the point where you are spending more time off the computer than on.
>>
>>17431542
start by going outside and doing basic shit like walking the park, buying stuff from shops. any forms of social interaction will help. eventually, when you're more comfortable around people, start therapy, or try talking to people more when you get the chance.
>>
>>17431730
But how do you keep yourself from coming back to the internet when you become frustrated, angry, demotivated, stressed, etc. ? That's the main issue.
>>
>>17431739
Thanks for your useless advice then.
>>
>>17431796
not that anon, but who said you couldn't ever come back to the internet?

don't try to do it all at once or you'll get frustrated and quit. there's nothing wrong with relieving stress by going on the internet. there's nothing wrong with saying "ok I did some stuff today, now it's time for internet." just focus on gradually spending more time away from the computer. like I said in >>17431750 it doesn't have to be anything big. if you always eat at the computer, eat somewhere else once a day. outside or in a different chair or standing up, whatever. you get to decide.

if you can't break the habit of being at the computer, at least chip away at it.
>>
>>17431800

sorry to hear that you have zero self control and will never fix your problems
>>
>>17431750
>do you get out of your chair to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom? or do you just do all that in your chair?

These are bodily needs so of course I get up. I need my computer for doing some work but I also use it as recreation. So I guess I'm fucked?
>>
force yourself. you have to. think about your parents. your life. what you want to be. you can't hate yourself all the time. just fucking do it. tet out there. make some money. do some work. be productive.
if you dont like the way you are right now, just change yourself. it can be done. anybody can do it man. its not inportant how you change yourself, just that you change yourself is important.
there is no magic in all this. no miracle will happen, unless you actively work towards it. the longer you wait, the more you will suffer.
>>
>>17431822
Yes Sherlock, I don't have self control. That's why I was asking this question to begin with. But thanks again smartass.
>>
>>17431818
>>17431823
no you're not fucked. you do sound like you're looking for an excuse not to try, though. I guess I can't blame you, I have done that exact same thing. but even that won't fuck you over, because once you know you're making an excuse, you can choose to set it aside and ignore it.

I guess I could go into a little more detail. what you have to do is break the chain of thought that leads to you going back to the computer after you're done eating/pissing/whatever. to do that, you have to pay attention to what you're thinking.

as soon as you get up from the computer to do something, start paying attention to what you're thinking. at some point in your train of thought, you will be making a decision to go back to your computer. you will probably end up actually going back to the computer the first few times. that's ok because you're just observing.

then once you identify that spot in your train of thought where you decide to go back to the computer, the next thing is: whenever you see that decision pop up, physically stop yourself from moving. how do you do that? same way you stop yourself from crossing the street when you see a car. same way you stop yourself from putting a new roll of TP on the dispenser when you see there's already one there. you have to make the effort to notice it.

this is crucial because unless you notice the thought, you won't be able to stop it. however, noticing things is not hard at all if you train yourself at it. it really doesn't take much work to notice stuff. once you start noticing something, it takes an act of will to *not* notice it. at that point, if you're not noticing your thoughts, it's because you're deciding to ignore them, and at that point you're sabotaging yourself. if that happens, then you really need to ask yourself why you're sabotaging yourself.
>>
>>17431850
cont

also I know you are able to train yourself to notice things because you're using your computer for work. I'm guessing you wouldn't still be working if you couldn't notice whether you were doing a competent job or not. if you can train yourself to pay attention to your job, you can train yourself to notice a couple little thoughts. it all starts there.
>>
>>17431831
Can I really do this if I don't have anybody who cares about me? I know I should "grab my bootstraps" and go to work, but I don't see the point. Everyone has abandoned me and I feel like I can't make friends or hold a human relationship. So what's the point of even trying anymore?
>>
>>17431850
>>17431860
Thanks I will try out your advice.
>>
>>17431542
I been trying to do this for a few years.
Honestly leaving the computer probably helps because somebody gets offended by nearly anything. Pissing people off isn't going to help much and that's about all you can count on happening using the computer and talking with other people. Example: you've been a neet for 8 years, you probably talk to people online daily instead of in person, if they liked you then you'd probably see them around more often in person. I'm not saying that to be mean but just think about it a bit it's quite a bit easier to want to not use that thing anymore when you realize just how much rejection you're constantly facing with people not wanting you around.
When you get off the computer you got some choices about what to do, it's really difficult to just start on something. You'll probably figure out there is nothing wrong with you and people just dislike other people and don't want them around at all which goes back to the example from before, it's not really you probably.

Good luck amigo.
>>
>>17431912
I forgot to add, when you get off the computer just try to figure out how to live and what you need to do daily. I get depressed thinking about what I need to do sometimes and end up on the computer again but you just got to start somewhere and if you wanna keep living figuring out the things you need to do for yourself is a pretty good start point.
Taking care of yourself like hygiene is a big thing, exercise helps with being restless it's like if you had a pet animal it needs a certain amount of exercise or it can get restless and do destructive stuff it's pretty much the same for people too I think.
>>
Build yourself up with little victories and try a little more each time. The effort starts to add up eventually. Be prepared, because it can take months or years. You need to learn how to appreciate yourself, but only then will you'll start to find the real motivation to start working for a better life.
>>
>>17431936
So just get up and do stuff. What if the "stuff" I need to do is online. Worst case scenario, right?
>>
>>17432154
I don't know, it's your life. Computers do have some important things to do.
If you're doing work stuff I wouldn't give you a hard time about it where I run into trouble with computers is there are other things I can be doing if I'm not doing work and putting it off just is not good for me. I mean when your a neet you might just want some human contact with someone that's nice to you and that you get along with maybe take breaks from working and try to meet someone.
>>
>>17432268
Thanks. Were you in this situation yourself?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.