[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So work is kind of driving me crazy. I'm a middle manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wur5xf0kicztvex3tubs.jpg (55KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
wur5xf0kicztvex3tubs.jpg
55KB, 800x504px
So work is kind of driving me crazy.

I'm a middle manager with my direct manager seemingly having given up at work approximately 18 months ago. As a result the team beneath me have been exploiting the lack of support I get from him and have also given up. My manager has hidden this as much as possible from those higher up because he is concerned that people will investigate and find him out.

This has meant for me that I've had to cover nearly everything while everybody else is just phoning it in and being sarcastic and difficult to work with. This has resulted in me having to work overtime and having to prioritise my projects because 90% of my day is spend covering basic shit and bickering back and forth with uncooperative individuals.

Half year has put me in the spotlight with those higher up the chain because usually I'd have a full program of events and projects and things would be looking busier. I've been asked about this and replied that I've not got the time because I haven't got a team who can handle the basics freeing me up to take on projects. I've been told to deal with it. Don't care how it gets done. Just that it gets done. You've got a good answer for everything except why you aren't working at the required standard.

So I've applied for a role in another department which has a fair shot of succeeding and if I get it, I'm out of this cluster fuck.

In the meantime head office have taken my manager out of the site for 12 weeks, transferring him to another site where he has nothing to do and put in place a consultant who is on the surface there to help, but in reality there to act as a spy. So she has produced a report on 'troubleshooting'.

While my manager has been out of the site I've basically formally disciplined all but one of the team and caused a shit load of drama. I've already decided that if I've been asked to deal with it, I've lost a fairly worthless, but still needed member of the team and am being spied upon I'm going to go fighting.
>>
>>17431350
Are you a dick manager?
>>
you could always just look for another job.
>>
Anyway. Two directors have scheduled a meeting with my boss to discuss the report with him at this other site. Shit is coming to a head.

He has implied that he'll go off sick with stress.
>>
Basically I'm concerned that they'll come to me and offer me his position. They'll then get butt frustrated when I tell them I'm currently looking to move departments and then one of the directors in particular will block this move because she is a pretty spiteful person.

It's like I'm going to go fucking nuts unless I get out of this drama and the pay is pretty bad, except they think they are coming to solve all my problems and give me more work and the pay will be pretty bad. If I tell them I'm planning to move departments I'm going to get stuck where I am under my boss, who will likely scapegoat himself with me implying that I was the problem all along, clearly because I was looking to move roles and didn't care any more.

Unfortunately their 'spy' wasn't a very clever person. I know she'll have done a fair hatchet job on him and the rest of the team having identified me as the only one doing any work under the difficult circumstances, but I can't trust that she hasn't left me in a difficult position or made out I should have gone above my direct manager much earlier if I'm 'worthy' of taking on all this drama crap.

I'm not a dick boss. I'm a really good boss. I'm direct and to the point. I'm prepared to discuss anything to conclusion without resorting to shutting people down. I'm prepared to encourage anyone with ideas to take them forward if they are good ideas. I'm kind of a dick because I follow all formal processes to the letter and I have a ton of unwritten rules in my head that people piss me off if they break them, but I don't communicate these rules very often. This is mostly because they are so elementary and basic, being ignorant of them marks you as unsuitable to work for the department.
>>
Grande meal please, dont care which one you fucktards makes it
>>
>>17431498
Kind of a similar position as you, OP. I'm looking to get away from my clusterfuck as well, losing all hope getting shit on track, so I have no idea - good luck and godspeed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.