[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone tells me I would benefit from a psychologist session

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468347769448.jpg (19KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468347769448.jpg
19KB, 540x540px
Everyone tells me I would benefit from a psychologist session and I'll book one and try. But once I get there, what the fuck do I do?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>17431104
That depends, what's your issue?
>>
I personally believe that the only people who sincerely benefit from psychologists are people who don't actually have constructive relationships with their friends.

I don't know what you're situation is, but unless you have some kind of apparent mental disorder, then your problems could simply be solved by traveling or exposing yourself to some shit that takes your normal experience and puts it on it's ass. This is why people trip on acid or go backpacking across europe.
>>
You don't have to "do" anything. The psychologist with lead the session, that's their job and they are trained to make people feel comfortable being there. Just try to chill out and be honest with them and it will work out.
>>
>>17431104

Speak honestly about your problems in life, and your logic/thought processes in dealing with those problems.
>>
>>17431110
I don't have mental disorders.

>>17431108
I'm frustrated in life. There is so much going on (like with everyone else) but sometimes I find myself troubled about the shit I think.

>>17431111
If that's so, thanks.
>>
>>17431111
Quads speaks the truth. Be honest, answer their questions, and describe symptoms rather than naming what you think you have.
>>
>>17431117
>I'm frustrated in life. There is so much going on (like with everyone else) but sometimes I find myself troubled about the shit I think.
You already know what you should tell them it seems. Just treat them like an anonymous board, they can't tell anyone about what you say unless they think it will save a life.
>>
This
>>17431111

Visited a psych when I was going trough a very bad phase of my life, didn't know what to do so just dragged myself to the office and she took it from there very well.

Just be honest to your therapist and yourself to get most out of it, guaranteed your problem isn't the strangest one they have encountered so you have nothing to fear.
>>
Generally they'll start by asking you questions and get to know about you and your problems and what will work for you to overcome those problems.
>>
>>17431104
The simple answer is often the correct one, if people are telling you that you should go to a psychologist then maybe they are concerned about a change in your attitudes or mood in general.
Have you had long periods of stress lately?
If not, what do you think has changed for two or more people to suggest you do this?

Is it just your parents? or Your close friend?

Let me tell you how i went to therapy myself:
I was a happy kid but sometime before finishing school I was tired of studying because that's what I thought was defined me, what I was only good at, my parents encouraged me to be so "a good student".

I got mad pretty quickly about anything really, my days only consisted on going to school, studying at home and going to some classes in the afternoon. Only in the summers did I went outside and did sports, and with the raising concerns of maintaining my grades to enter college kinda broke me.

This was an issue, but it was not the real cause of the issue.

With my psycologist we discover after some sessions that the outlook of my identity was pretty jaded and I basically just wanted to be an adult despite just being a kid, I was only interested in serious stuff, on being smart and I was obsessed to not make any mistakes which make me a really unhappy.

Forget that, it's not entirely true. Basically i discovered it by myself but the therapy helped me to get a second perspective, someone else's thoughts can help.

My only advice is to pay attention to where the psycologist take the conversation, think about what is his/her hypothesis? Make it interesting for you too, if you don't engage you won't be able to progress.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.