[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have acne; not severe but persistent and cystic. Accutane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I have acne; not severe but persistent and cystic.
Accutane has worked but never permanently.
Benzoyl peroxide doesn't seem to work, nor does antibiotics.
Healthy diet and lifestyle doesn't seem to prevent it. Avoiding dairy didn't help.
What do? I think the main culprit is stress.
>>
Try tretinoin, in a gel or cream, along with 2% salicylic acid.
>>
>>17430548
Is that the kind I'd need a prescription for?
>>
>>17430571
Yeah, salycilic acid can be bought over the counter though and might help in the meantime.
>>
>>17430491
I cut my first ever pimple straight off my face. With a knife.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 243x207px
>>17430618
Mainly because I missed my wrists.
>>
this sounds like a hippie bullshit cure but:

>50% distilled water (or tap if your tap water's good)
>50% apple cider vinegar, with "the mother" in it (you'll know it when you see it)

put that shit on a cotton ball and rub it on your face every morning and night, between cleansing and moisturizing. I have similar acne and this was the first thing that ever really worked for me.

Other than that, drink tons of water, keep a clean pillowcase, and be patient af. I honestly think half the battle is just waiting to get allllll the way out of puberty
>>
>>17430697
Oh, also, start out with a slightly lower concentration of the vinegar, like 60/40 just to be safe, then move up
>>
If accutane didnt work, chances are nothing else will (its a last resort drug thats used if nothing else works). How long was your course and at what dose?
>>
>>17430619
Oh my god haha
>>
I've had a pothole face too op, since 11 and I'm 21 now. I don't get it as bad anymore so I basically grew out of it if you can say that. I still have scaring on my chin and forehead unfortunately, but make-up can fix that.
I did try everything under the sun and, like you, nothing worked. Hopefully you'll be able to find something though! I remember I had a cream that was basically bleach, went outside with it on accidentally and I had a white tear streak down my cheek for a month kek
Have you tried Bio oil? And also sudocream? (Not sure if that's international but its basically baby stuff, that shit works wonders but my skin got used to it and didnt work after awhile)
>>
>>17430491

You need accutane again. Either be on it for longer and/or stronger dose. Talk to a dermatologist regarding it. It's also possible but unlikely that you can use accutane in conjunction with a topical cream of some kind. After you are off accutane I strongly recommend watching your diet. That includes cutting down on fried/junk food, drinking more water, cut out your intake of soda, make sure your pillow cases are clean every night before sleeping.
>>
>>17431807

Oh and also drastically drop your intake of dairy products. I was on accutane for 4 months. After I got off it, my skin cleared up. I stopped eating dairy except for a few once in a while things like pizza. Rarely get pimples now and when I do they are pretty small and go away within a few days-a week.

http://www.acnemilk.com/the_no_milk_acne_diet
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is good soap, anon. Been clearing my pizza face rite up
>>
I had bad acne then took Duac for a few months, nowa days my skin is spot free. I think it's also prescribed for cases of severe acne over larger areas of the back so it definitely works
>>
>>17430697
This. Also try oil cleansing. It worked for me and its cheaper and less harmful then all the medications.
>>
>>17430808
>>17431807
6 months at age 17, 20mg morning and night. Clear for 1-2 years.
6 months age 22, same deal
4 months at age 25, same except had to stop the treatment early since i was getting a rash and worsening side effects.

The way I see it, if I took accutane again, that would be an unprecedented 4th course, which might bring new risks, and I would likely react badly again.
>>
>>17430491
Go to the beach and get some sun, get naked in real short pants and lay down.
Drink gallon of water EVERYDAY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.