[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even if I want to be an artist, is majoring in art a good choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mm.jpg (222KB, 777x577px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
222KB, 777x577px
Even if I want to be an artist, is majoring in art a good choice? I've heard people talking about it as if it's completely useless and want to know. t. wannabe composer, will be going to college next year
>>
Nah honestly unless you're going to some prestigious art school or something please OP do something employable
>>
File: gob.gif (2MB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
gob.gif
2MB, 600x333px
No dear god no. Even graphic designer which isn't great is still better. And you can be an "Illustrator" from there on

You'll learn about composing from color, from lines, from different points of view, and maybe about conveying ideas better.

Keep practicing drawing on the side. If you study art you'll have to teach about it or probably live in poverty or have a side job while you paint. Which is not entirely bad, Art will still be your hobby and maybe it's better that way? I've heard people hate their jobs of a career they used to love so eh.

Take it with a grain of salt
>>
if you want to be a composer why would you study art instead of music theory?
>>
What do you want to do?
Are you already technically proficient?

You'd want to enroll into an art school mostly for the social experience. Teachers to learn from, students like you to share stuff and build connections / networking with. Online communities are cool and everything, but it's not quite the same thing.
>>
>>17430114
I suppose I should have asked about that. I used the term art as an all-encompassing term but I didn't know that they were separate things.
>>
>>17430042
Financially, it's hard to tell. From knowledge point of view, obviously.
>>
File: 1469517477957.jpg (21KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1469517477957.jpg
21KB, 400x325px
>art major
>>
>>17430042
No. Successful people get regular jobs and then use that money to pursue their dreams and passions
>>
>>17430386
I thought that OP asked if an art major was a good choice for someone that already wanted to pursue a career as an artist.

Plenty of people work in the art industry, but it's not something for everybody.
>>
>>17430386
Sounds boring
>>
For real though, an actual artist and composer gets apprenticeships and internships with others. They produce art and music and then start trying to market it. If you wanna take a few classes go ahead, but you don't need a bachelor of memes from an art "institute". Out of all the world's known artists and musicians, how many went to art school?
>>
Hello I did an art degree and across the jobs ice had in art they've never asked about it. Your skills are what counts and not all art schools will teach you the ones you need, and you can certainly manage on your own. Good luck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.