[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help overcoming my germaphobia because I fear it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: I hate this.jpg (124KB, 899x898px) Image search: [Google]
I hate this.jpg
124KB, 899x898px
I need help overcoming my germaphobia because I fear it's getting out of hand. I've been living with my sister and her family and I've been handed a place to sleep in (no door just a couple curtains to cover my pace). However, she has a cat and she says that she got the shots for it and I'm trying to believe her (doesn't have records but says she has "receipt" that she lost)

My sister tries to keep the cat as an indoor cat, but occasionally, her family leaves the front door open due to carelessness and the cat runs out. Yesterday, the cat left and was out for about two hours and it's the longest it's ever been out. It left today for about an hour and its paws were dirty as hell when it came back. Fast-forward to a few hours later and the cat is running around my bed. Now I'm scared to sleep in my own bed and I don't have a spare blanket nor some sheets to change the bedding.

tl;dr
How do I get over my germaphobia so it doesn't control my life and how do I rationalize being okay to sleep in my own bed?
>>
wash the sheets

and wash the cat
>>
>>17429936
House doesn't have washing machine nor a dryer and I doubt a laundromat is open right now (past midnight).

I can't wash the cat at the moment due to no animal shampoo.
>>
Please respond. I just want to get over this so I can sleep. I'm just gonna put the sheets and blanket aside so I can sleep tonight, but I just want to not let shit like this run my life.
>>
>>17429988

Realize that germs are everywhere.
Realize that most germs aren't going to affect you at all unless you have a compromised immune system.
Realize that by minimizing your exposure to germs, you're actually lowering your own immune system by giving yourself no antibodies to fight back with.
Realize that unless you're sleeping beside raw meat or feces, it's not that dirty - humankind has survived this long. We didn't always have soap and houses.
>>
>>17429999
>Realize that by minimizing your exposure to germs, you're actually lowering your own immune system by giving yourself no antibodies to fight back with.
are you implying washing your hands after you shit is a bad thing, are you implying not shitting in the streets is a bad thing?
>>
It's disguisting and unhygenic...the cat was outside, who knows what it might have stepped in? So your reaction is completely logical, I would react the same way. Maybe ask them if they have some extra blankets? In worst case scenario you could just turn them around/inside out.
>>
>>17429942
>House doesn't have washing machine nor a dryer and I doubt a laundromat is open right now (past midnight).

What sort of hovel are you living in? No washing machine, no door on your room?
>>
>>17430028
no 24 hour laundromat in his town either

though when I was in college I lived in an apartment for a while where there was no washing machine, and my room was at the end of a hall and just had a curtain over the entrance
>>
>>17429934
I´m german, i can help you if you need and feel free to ask everything.
>>
Look into the hygiene hypothesis, here's a quick quote from Wikipedia which might interest you;

If home and personal cleanliness contributes to reduced exposure to vital microbes, its role is likely to be small. The idea that homes can be made “sterile” through excessive cleanliness is implausible. The evidence shows that, as fast as they are removed by cleaning, microbes are replaced, via dust and air from outdoors, by shedding from the body and other living things as well as from food.[8][9][74][75]

TL;DR - The cat has no impact so long as the home isn't perpetually uncleaned.
>>
>>17430035
how was it that the german people were such willing participants in genocide?
>>
>>17430022
Okay so this time I'm not unjustified in my thinking. I'm just gonna put the bedding aside for now and change my pillow case.

>>17430028
All the rooms are filled. It's a little alcove next to the door to the backyard. It's just temporary until I save up enough money to rent my own place.

>>17430037
It's kept moderately cleaned, but I'm just afraid of what the cat steps in and if it runs into sick animals.
>>
>>17430041
Just like every other nation that had a genocide programm running.
>>
>>17430072
except germany isn't some third world shithole filled with savages, it had a highly educated population
>>
>>17430050
>germaphobia
>but I'm just afraid of what the cat steps in and if it runs into sick animals
Okay, for some reason I thought this was a bigger issue. If your issue is really the cat, and not something bigger, then I suggest reading up on how cats keep clean. They're quite adept on it.
>>
>>17430084
toxiplasmosis claims another victim
>>
>>17430090
>Most healthy people don't require toxoplasmosis treatment
Wait, why should I be afraid again?
>>
>>17430084
But it might take a while before the cat cleans it's paws, and from what I've got from this post is that the cat had filthy paws when running around in the bed.
>>
>>17430075
except china,usa the list continuous
>>
>>17430094
because you've surrounded yourself with filthy disease ridden animals that don't even like you and the parasites it has left festering in your brain have convinced you that reasonable sanitary concerns are a non issue.
>>
>>17430111
I'm sorry that I have to break it to you; you live the same disease-ridden world seemingly without realizing it and your extravagant fear of one disease that could be transmitted by one animal is negligible in the big picture. By the way, I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that your opinions are "reasonable sanitary concerns", it just looks like plain fear to me.

"In the United States it is estimated that 22.5% of the population 12 years and older have been infected with Toxoplasma." - http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/epi.html
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.