[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm at a breaking point here, Been in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1349040882270.jpg (13KB, 387x309px) Image search: [Google]
1349040882270.jpg
13KB, 387x309px
I feel like I'm at a breaking point here,
Been in a relationship almost 2 years with a great girl, both of us are happy and I've really developed emotionally a lot being my first real relationship. I fuck up a lot though and try to get better at communication and I feel like I have. Since we started dating my grades have dropped a bit, not alarmingly but enough to notice and this summer I've been working with friends on this amazing opportunity. Increasingly though I feel like she's making me choose between what I'm doing at school/ my career to be with her. The thing is though I feel like I'm in the wrong because I've flaked so much/ not communicated, she is needy but always there for me. I'v had this idea in my head that it is possible to work on my career and school and have a fulfilling relationship but more and more I'm afraid I'll have to make a choice and I know it's not going to be her if it's an ultimatum.
I wrote it out simplified but there's a bit more to it and it feels so shit bros, can you offer some advice?
>>
>>17429682
You'll never forgive yourself if you do not choose the career that you want.
>>
File: 1367040229472.jpg (64KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367040229472.jpg
64KB, 852x480px
>>17429702
>>17429702
That's what I've been thinking, one of the problems is that there's so much time involved in working for it and I've tried to make her understand this but I feel like it jsut never gets through and I get shit on for choosing my work over her. Thanks though man it's nice to hear it from someone else
>>
If she's making ultimatums about your future, id get out of that relationship as fast as possible.
>>
>>17429748
Its not so much her making ultimatums just getting really upset when I put in a lot of time to work whether its school or job stuff, which bothers me a lot.
>>
>>17429762
It would bother me too. Why does it bother her?
>>
>>17429766
To her I'm sure it feels like I'm brushing her off and that I'm almost taking advantage of how much she cares about me, and I can see why, the hours i have to work and study can be grueling and sometimes it's still on my mind when I'm with her so I'm not all there. What tears me apart is that I know this is what I want to do and it's what I'm good at and I want to put the work in to make a name for myself.
>>
>>17429762
I had that same issue and it apparently became my "your work is always more important" thing that came up after about 5 years of being seperated.

We broke up one weird night. I say weird because everything seemed fine, to me at least, and then suddenly she wanted to go different ways.... well more her words were something like "i dont see my future with you in it, and i know you don't see youre future with me in it" - bitch had no idea i had saved every cent for months to rent a house for us, but fuck it, back to the point.

It will crush you if she leaves you, but use those feelings to drive you forward. You have to deal with you for the next umpteen years, she might fuck off in the next 5, who knows.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.