[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls I went to high school with are laughing about me and talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Neutral_Floor_Cleaner4.jpg (15KB, 250x267px) Image search: [Google]
Neutral_Floor_Cleaner4.jpg
15KB, 250x267px
Girls I went to high school with are laughing about me and talking about me because they saw me working as a cleaner at a fast food restaurant while they all graduated from university and how I've never had a boyfriend

I go to university now (although still no boyfriend) but it hurts my feelings to be honest. How do I stop feeling bad about myself?
>>
>>17429236
Who cares what they think? Focus on improving yourself in any way you can, but don't do it for anyone but yourself. They are insignificant and do not affect any of your goals one bit. They are lowly cunts and probably aren't doing that well themselves. If you really want to stop feeling bad take that bad energy and put it all into self improvement.
>>
>>17429357
This.
>>
>>17429236
>>17429357
I have to agree with previous poster, who cares what they think. Personally I think working shitty jobs makes you a better person as you see how the other half lives, more respect for hard work, and realize not all people in shit jobs are shit people. Also don't focus or worry about a boyfriend, concentrate on yourself. When you go looking for love you tend to not find anything good, just give it time, improve oneself and you'll find someone.
>>
>>17429357

Yeah anon, this.
Y
>>
>>17429357
Perfect. Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>17429236
You'll stop feeling bad about yourself once you achieve your goals
>>
>>17429236
People progress at different paces in life and/or accomplish different things. You won't be working that job forever and they will go through their ups and downs as well. In a few years none of this will even matter, if it even does right now.
>>
who gives a shit what they think. kids at my school used to tease because we were poor and I was on scholarship. they used do the blowjob gesture and suggested that is how she was paying for my school. I think everyone here would agree that my mom, indeed, sucked dick but who gives a fuck? You earn your money the way you want to. This is going to sound stupid and noone will believe it and I do not give a shit but I am a PhD, working storage at a grocery store. nobody knows. I am having the vacation of my life.
>>
>>17429236

Tell them that you spit in their food.
>>
>>17429357
>and probably aren't doing that well themselves

They are doing very well for themselves. And even if I improve myself I'll always be way behind them, which is why they're making fun of me.
>>
File: 91865.jpg (37KB, 630x524px) Image search: [Google]
91865.jpg
37KB, 630x524px
>>17430547
To me, looks like your realization in life it's be better, but not in overall life, only better than them. If you ask me, this is a supid reason to live.
>they mock me
Who cares? Ignore it.
>they are better then me
Who cares? Care about you not the others.
>>
>>17429236
so you are a janitor what's up with that? I've been taught every single job is something honorable.
you have to be proud to work even if you are flipping burgers. listen. focus on yourself and what makes you happy not on those girls, life is hard for everyone and you come first
>>
People who make fun of others are usually utterly unhappy with their lives, so you shouldn't feel bad about yourself.
>>
>>17430547
People don't mock others for its own sake unless they're hiding from their own issues. It's easier to laugh at someone a few steps behind than to admit that they're really not all that happy with where they are right now.
>>
What is commonly thought of as success is basically worthless if you have are a nasty person. Any human being that arrogant and overconfident to be actively looking down on others while ignoring their own fuck ups is faking it and don't let them fool you into thinking they aren't. You don't know what kind of lives they lead otherwise.

Though some people will always deny it, criticisms of others come from a place of insecurity which stems from either a discomfort they think you've caused them or in this case a discomfort about themselves and a need for validation.

Nobody else in this life is going to serve you the way you want to live it. Do your own thing. Fuck them. I never went to college but I got the one of the best jobs in this shitty area. I overhear girls I don't even know in the fucking grocery store giggling about the way I'm dressed even though in just in a dress or a skirt with kneesocks or tights 99% of the time. Little twelve years old girls shit talk me for wearing my hair in pigtails or braids while dressed exactly like each other in shorts with an inch of fabric and those cue ball buns.

You don't have to even do anything for others to try to bring you down. There will always be someone. Fuck em, fuck em all.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 460x320px
Looking down on others for what they do for a living is a shitty thing to do. Don't let others' mean spirited behaviour get you down. Go and finish your uni even if you're moving through it a at a slower pace than your peers like >>17429513 said. Perhaps you could try playing a sport or doing an art hobby to make you more comfortable in your own skin.

By the way, I finished my undergraduate degree at 25 instead of 22 because I had some life issues that got in the way of my studies so I know how it feels to be a little behind.
>>
>>17429236
>Girls I went to high school with are laughing about me and talking about me because they saw me working as a cleaner at a fast food restaurant while they all graduated from university and how I've never had a boyfriend
Take a picture
Print it out
Tear it up
Let it go

(And make sure you tear it up but good: we're talking little tiny squares here. If someone else found enough pieces to rebuild and recognize the picture, that would be... bad).
>>
>>17429236
just keep pushing OP. Give it 5 years of so and life has a way of leveling things out.
>>
>>17429236
lower middle class, dad took off so had to work through high school and college at any job I could find. Nobody to help me. Seemed everyone passed me by but fast fwd and I got a job right out of university making more than I could imagine and moving up quickly because I have a great work ethic (busted my butt) and the other girls still on their daddys credit card and one already has a kid with a guy that wouldn't marry her and no prospects. Still no serious relationship, not ready yet concentrated on career, but I do have guys asking me out frequently
>>
Lol, I worked at McDonald's and quit to work at another job. then went job jumping for a bit, and one of the McDonald's managers took a picture of me while I was a cashier at Wal-Mart and posted it on FB to laugh at me.

But, I guess she didn't realize walmart cashiers got paid more than mcd's swing managers.
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>17430882
>>
>>17429236
laughing at you is literally the only thing their 1 brain cell can do, don't worry about them. Besides, once you finish school, everyone from that shool ceases to exist. They aren't part of your life and never were. They can die and you don't have to go to their funeral.
>>
>>17429236
“When another blames you or hates you, or people voice similar criticisms, go to their souls, penetrate inside and see what sort of people they are. You will realize that there is no need to be racked with anxiety that they should hold any particular opinion about you.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
>>
>>17430887
How did you end up the way you did?
>>
>>17430913
I got bullied severely, had a nervous breakdown/became depressed and didn't study. But luckily I got very good GCSEs before the decline in my mental wellbeing, Became a NEET for years, now I'm a mature student.
>>
>>17430918
Why were you bullied?
>>
>>17430925
I was/am very ugly
>>
>>17430932
Then start with fixing that up. What makes you ugly?
>>
>>17430947
My nose, jaw, forehead. Lips and eyes are fine.

I can't afford surgery and even if I could it would never look natural.
>>
>>17430950
Shaded makeup?
Look for tutorials on YouTube.
>>
>>17430968
Hah!

I'm pretty knowledgeable on makeup, including contouring. Trust me I do the best with what I've got, which isn't much.
>>
>>17430976
What's wrong with your forehead and jaw?
>>
>>17430978
Forehead is long (no, fringe doesn't help), jaw is long too, a minor deformity.
>>
>>17430985
Long forehead can be fixed with a good hairdo.
>>
>>17430950
If it's really bad I'd suggest surgery. I know it sounds like a waste but little things that bother you can be adjusted and it really makes a world of difference. Nose is definitely possible and looks fine almost every time.

Forehead is solvable through hair. I don't know how you style your hair but bangs are of course good for this.

Chin is possible to fix with surgery. Do you have an over/underbite? If so I'd suggest fixing that.

The alternative to this is to learn to accept yourself and love yourself as is. If you're against or can't ever afford surgery, you aren't going to change so you may as well learn to love yourself. Work on developing self esteem. Read self help and do some hobbies and you'll start to not care about perceived flaws.
>>
>>17430903
He was based.
>>
>>17431003
I can't afford surgery either way.
>>
>>17430903
The Greatest Happiness is to scatter your enemy and drive him before you. To see his cities reduced to ashes. To see those who love him shrouded and in tears. And to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters.
-- Genghis Khan
>>
>Went college 3.6GPA in Mathematics
>33 now working as a stock for windixie
>Low pay
>Couldn't be happier
>I don't require fancy worthless cars
>I don't require name brand A because its hip
>I am enjoying my life more than when I taught for a while
>Success is happiness not money

The pathetic, the unhappy, the generally worthless are those who rely on paper and metal to dictate their small short lives.

When you die, it doesn't go with you...

Cash = Hell

Happiness = Heaven
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.