[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been drinking at least 3-4 cups of coffee a day since i was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: coffee.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
ive been drinking at least 3-4 cups of coffee a day since i was 15. im 24 now and i work at an office 3pm-12am. although coffee doesn't effect me the way is did when i was younger i still am finding it hard to fall asleep at 1 in the morning after drinking it so late. i tried stopping but my head aches got so bad i didnt feel like dealing with it. does anyone have any good ways to stop drinking coffee so i can get to sleep like a normal person and not be up at 4 in the morning like some kind of ghoul? any natural remedies or tricks ?
>>
that's caffeine withdrawal my friend.
try decaf as a placebo our just quit cold turkey.
out of curiosity, how to do take your coffee?
>>
>>17427668
i usually french press my coffee and drink it black
>>
>>17427675
never heard if it.
you do this three times a day?
you have a press at work?
maybe throw out the press and get a shitty coffee pot so you'll be less eager to grab a non-french-pressed cup of coffee.
have you tried getting up sooner so you're tired when you get off?
maybe exercise in the morning.
>>
>>17427660

Don't drink coffee after 18 oclock

I'm a shift worker and that's what I do.
I also make sure to not drink coffee on night shifts after I pass the 4 hours before bed mark (around 3 in the morning
>>
>>17427660
drop coffee completely, prepare and drink matcha instead. then decrease your matcha consumption until you're at a level you feel is good for you

desu 3-4 cups of coffee doesn't sound much to me tho.
>>
>>17427660
Switch to black tea to ween yourself off.
>>
The half-life of caffeine is five hours, if that helps you pace yourself any. (Nicotine speeds up that number, but taking up smoking is probably not the best solution.)

Taking melatonin might help, but stick with low doses.
>>
>>17427660
I used to smoke cigarettes, which is a stimulant just like coffee, a few months ago but was able to quit.
Going cold turkey is the fastest way to quit an addiction but the side effects are concentrated heavily in a short span of time, which makes quitting that much harder.

What you could do is to cut back little by little and substitute coffee with drinks that have a lower amt of caffeine (ex. Tea). Drinking filtered organic coffee is actually beneficial to your health when drank in moderation, though. You can definitely stop drinking in the afternoon and have tea instead of your afternoon coffee.
If you only drink in the morning and still have trouble falling asleep despite having built toleramce over the years, there might be some other underlying causes that dont allow you to sleep at night.
>>
take l-theanine with your coffee
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.