[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody here incapable of enjoying life? Is anybody here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: worrywojak.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
worrywojak.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
Is anybody here incapable of enjoying life?

Is anybody here honestly close to committing suicide?

I could really use someone to talk with right now.

I have zero self-esteem and I hate myself so much for being the cowardly narcissist that I am.
>>
same here, pal
>>
>>17427450
I do enjoy life. But there was a time when i didn't. Maybe that's what you need, instead of soeaking to somebody whose like you you should speak to someone whose the opposite of you. Maybe i can put some sunshine in your day. Tell me whats going on
>>
>>17427469
I am fucked, mentally.

I have backed myself into the corner and reduced my life to essentially nothing. I barely exist. I eat the same thing every day. I work a job I hate. I have zero friends. I have experienced romantic intimacy once in my life and that was two years ago with a girl I managed to fuck things up with in two weeks.

Last year in work the most ideal girl I can ever hope to meet showed interest in getting to know me but I acted indifferent and aloof (cowardly) and now she is dating a guy who looks just like me. They are on holiday right now (I discovered via instagram) in Paris together. I admit it's autistic but I researched her quite a bit and she really is a cute and appealing person and looks like the type of girl I could marry. I realize the whole "being sad over a girl" thing happens to everyone I just feel this latest piece of news (I have been privately hoping I still had a chance to turn things round) has forced me once again to confront reality, and once again it has shattered me. I am trying not to be over-dramatic but I feel like ending my life now, not in an impulsive way or anything I just don't see any reason not to considering I derive no pleasure or meaning from my existence. The only thing stopping me is the effect it would have on my mother and sister. I am an island of bitterness and regret, and I feel at my age (25) I have missed every boat which has waited patiently for me to catch it. The past decade has been a waste. I have avoided life as best I could and wallowed in hatred and self-pity. I am loathsome.
>>
How can I save myself?

I feel like begging someone to help me but I don't know what they could do. I am in a desperate place right now and this sort of thing isn't normal to me. I have held everything inside and it has killed me.
>>
Is anybody able and willing to help me out here?
>>
>>17427493
You said you're 25?? Only 25? By the way you're speaking i would think you're 30-something. Your life isn't even a third over. Stop being so hard on yourself love. And for christs sake stop eating the same thing every day, eating is meant to be a happy experience, treat yourself to some yummy food. I'll treat you to some yummy food, we can go on a friend date ^_^ you need to get out more. You need to see the beautiful parts of the world
>>
>>17427493
And another thing. You write beautifully. You're really good at self expression.
>>
>>17427450
>Is anybody here incapable of enjoying life?

I'm incapable of caring about it or enjoying it.
>>
>>17427493
so you're not a total train wreck.

You know where you went wrong, so now you can fix your whole life.

Get out of your comfort zone, and just take chances next time. The fact that a girl took interest in you is a huge reason not to give up. Don't pus out next time.

That's the advice I try and give to the most people here and irl. Get out of your comfort zone. Do something spontaneous, something you wouldn't usually do, and you will surprise yourself.
>>
>>17427493
You still have time to turn things around OP. I recommend going to the gym and doing what >>17427598 suggests, he's probably given me the same advice on here. You're comfortable in your misery, you have to be the change that changes your life. I believe in you OP
>>
>>17427450
you wont do it faggot
>>
Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I feel selfish requesting help but I am thankful.

What steps can I take to live a more healthy life?

I feel that I already know the answer, and that is to create a facebook, reconnect with the three or four people I used to be friends with, perhaps buy an iPhone and use tinder to meet a girl. But I also don't want to do these things, not out of laziness but out of I don't know what. In terms of facebook I feel I will essentially be admitting defeat and pathetically begging for friendship from people who have long moved on from the time I knew them. It's as though I have been this silent and apparently content individual who must have something going on in his life to make him not want to live like the rest of us are doing, who then breaks down and "comes crawling back" begging to repair bridges long-burned. What do I have to offer these people? What do I have to offer any girl who shows interest in me? I feel like a powerful hand needs to grip me and shake me out of the semi-comatose existence I have been living.

Logically thinking it seems likely I will "get over" this girl, but it really is as though she stepped out of my imagination and offered me the opportunity to change my life around, and opportunity I avoided out of what I can only judge to be cowardice on my part. At this moment and later tonight, and for possibly days and weeks maybe months I will continue to feel a negative emotion due to the fact she is dating this other guy. I can tell myself everyone goes through this. I can try and deconstruct the emotion and tell myself it consists of jealousy (of his experiencing pleasurable things while I am not) and so on but still it persists. I hate myself, in the sense that I hate the very thing that is advising me which words to write in this sentence, for encouraging me to essentially isolate myself from every other human being and go without the one thing that has dominated my thoughts for years.
>>
OP, start going to gym, lose weight and lift. Eat more diverse, don't eat the same shit every day, it's not healthy. Install tinder or something similar, start hitting bars, talk to people, flirt with chicks and just enjoy life. Don't bother over one girl, move on, because that's best thing you can do in this kind of situation. And don't be so depressed. You're only 25, you have much more to live for.
>>
>>17427645
>facebook
Up to you, it can be useful sometimes but I personally hate it and most of the people who post on a regular basis, and I'm not a total NEET either, I still communicate and socialize with a lot of people

>Tinder
don't, just, don't.
I've used Tinder in the past quite a bit, and have matched and talked with a lot of girls. Thing is, most of the women on it are only on it for attention, some even have boyfriends. Every single match I have ever gotten has never gone anywhere. I've really made attempts with some matches too, and they've never gone anywhere.

Just make friends with women. Treat them like friends (not like goddesses). If you make friends with them, you'll open the door to many possibilities of meeting more women you could essentially go somewhere with. 3

Get over that girl. Stop hating yourself. Focus on your hobbies. Be friendly to people (women). Find more friends.
>>
>>17427672
>>17427665
I live in a large city.

Tomorrow is Friday. Is there anything I can do by myself to meet somebody?

Last summer I became so lonely I spent Friday and Saturday nights walking around the parts of the city where young people tend to go to have fun, but I always felt too stupid and creepy to go in a bar by myself, so I ended up just walking around for hours pretending to be ok.

I feel like people can tell I'm lonely and desperate and perhaps strange from a mile away, so I never do anything that suggests I want anything from anybody.
>>
>>17427645
>>17427493

" You got hit rock bottom, before you know which direction to go in" it sounds cheesy i know. But welcome to rock bottom mate, contemplating suicide...thats the last step a lot of people will take before moving on and change their lives. A lot of people come here(me included) with the exact same talk, and the opinions are all the same(because we know whats its like). In the end what matters is you really.

Of all the pain we go through broken heart is the fucking worst, it hurts more than being punched in the face(it does), but some times we just have to move foward. Im not saying to forget her right now, take small steps then its up to you to get on with your life.

Go to the gym, go out even if alone, if possible go to where you can see and smell the sea. Its dificult to get out of the confort zone, again this is really up to you, but take small steps. Things won't come right away, cry if you have too,find some friend/family to talk about it.

God speed mate!!!
>>
>>17427645
Use FB to make new friends! Why go back to the old ones when you now have access to millions of new ones! Millions of opportunities right there. Just because one window of opportunity closed doesn't mean anything so don't sit and mope and dwindle over it because another window has opened and you won't realize it and go through unless you leave the old one behind.
Also, in addition to working out, get some of those bottles of fruit smoothies from the store, pick a flavor you like, and not only will it help you get in shape but their really yummy and energizing and you'll feel better for having drank them.
And finally, smile. Even when you're not feeling your best. Not only because you look better and people will be impressed with your good attitude, but smiling literally releases chemicals from the brain that make you feel better. I do it all the time!
>>
>>17427690

Go into a local bar, grab a beer or something and start talking to females that you find attractive. It's not that hard. Just be chill, positive and try to hold a conversation. Don't be anxious, try not to be creepy, and just be yourself I guess. It may take some guts to come to a girl that's solo or with her friends and try to talk with her, but you need to try. You'll probably get rejected, but you'll also probably going to find someone you can talk to or go out with.

Good luck!
>>
OP here.

Thank you for all your replies. I really do appreciate it, and will try and repay the community as best I can.

I'm going to get dressed and go for a walk now to see if I feel a little better.
>>
>>17427744
Taking walks is good for you. I love to take midnight walks while listening to drone metal or something really atmospheric. It's feel great. Enjoy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.