[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a "interview" for a job at Amazon, probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png
14KB, 500x500px
So I have a "interview" for a job at Amazon, probably something along the lines of warehouse work. The thing is everything points to my interview just being a group assembly interview kind of deal. And looking through the reviews online... they're all horrible...is Amazon a good place to work?
>>
It's pretty horrible apparently. It's almost impossible to keep up with packing quotas or something along those lines and they cycle through people really quickly

You wouldn't happen to live in NJ would you?
>>
>>17427384
Are you going through a hiring agency or through Amazon itself? I worked there for the 2014 season through an agency. I worked almost exclusively as Inbound, starting and primarily as stowing (putting the products away).

Luckily we had robots that carried the bins around so we didn't have to walk around to put things away, but it's still almost 10-12 hours of standing a day, or night if you're night shift, for four days every week.

Making rate was a bitch, especially in stow, and I've heard it's worse for packing. Because I was with an agency they would send someone every night to talk to me about safety and shit, but that's a small annoyance. They weren't too strict on rate where I worked, but you had to be making an effort at least. They're a lot more forgiving if you're with Amazon though.

I had a lot of trouble communicating with various managers since there were so many, but I don't think you should really need to. I also developed a bad smoking habit while there.

Have fun OP
>>
>>17427409
Minnesota
A new warehouse opening in Shakoppee
>>
>>17427468
I got no phone call or anything, the whole applying and "congratulations" thing was through Amazon careers and emails.
Just made me feel like a macanical turkey.
>>
Check out glassdoor.com if you haven't already. People post reviews about working there. Interview questions they've had. The whole hiring process. Drug tests or not. Why they left. Very useful website.
>>
>>17427496
That's exactly where I saw all the horrible reviews
>>
>>17427516
Assess your situation. If you're just looking for spare cash, just decline the offer and look for a job elsewhere.

If you're strapped for cash and debt collectors calling at all hours, I suggest you take the job. If its that bad, leave once you have another job.
>>
>>17427487
It's not a hard job, but it can be pretty boring and tiring. I think the pay made up for it. I started at $13.75 and made $14.25 after about three months. Plus over time pay after eight hours which made the 12 hour shifts during peak worth it. Since you seems to be going through Amazon, you'll probably stay after December, but your pay will cap off at $14.75. I think. There's opportunity to advance, but you'll have to apply at those positions later. This is as far as I remember, so it might be different at your facility or just in general. Everything I remember is from two years ago now.

I forgot to touch up on the interview, I had a small group interview. We took a small test to make sure we weren't blind, took a mouth swap test, and watched a couple videos about workplace safety, sexual harassment, etc. There was a one on one interview, I remember them asking the typical questions like, "How do you believe your previous experience will help?"

Personally, I think it's a good way to make fast money for a short time
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.