[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. Both boys and girls. Have you ever become friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1469567414468.jpg (43KB, 380x385px) Image search: [Google]
1469567414468.jpg
43KB, 380x385px
Hey /adv/.
Both boys and girls.
Have you ever become friends with an ex?
Like friends friends, no lingering feelings with anyone?
>>
lost
>>
yes, but its complicated.
>>
>>17426518
complicated how?
>>
>>17426516

Sort of. My ex is the manager at the gym I go to. So I pretty much have to at least tolerate her.

I'm completely in love with a different girl so being around her does not bother me anymore.
>>
>>17426521
complicated as in it will fuck over every new relationship you have because it rightfully implies that you are not over your ex.
>>
>>17426521
When isnt it complicated? Dont fool yourself.
>>
>>17426525
Hm. Ok, makes sense except she broke up with me, got a new boyfriend within two months and now wants to be friends.

Not going to lie. I miss her. But just talking and having fun like before we got together has been great.

I just don't want to end up lying to myself. I don't have anyone new yet. But I'm looking.
>>
I could, if I broke up with him and just had no feelings for him whatsoever. Oh, of course, he pines for me and suffers heartache, but it's not my problem. I'll have to drop him when I get a new boyfriend, but for now, it's comfy to have a placeholder
>>
>>17426534
FUCKING ABORT MISSION

she just loves to think she can have you on a whim, you are her back up attention source.
and the fact that you "miss" her will just make all this such a huge miss you can´t even imgine. there is only one case where it´s necessary to keep contact with an ex. if kids are involved. and even then it should be formal and functional. there are few people on this planet that manage to pull that off and YOU DEFINITELY don´t belong to them. every new gf will either tell you to ut contact or just break up again when she finds out. just don´t go there.
>>
>>17426539
Ok.
Good.
It's pretty much what I was thinking.
>>
>>17426539
this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this
>>
>>17426539
>there is one case where it's necessary to keep in contact with an ex
In terms of the anon you replied to, yeah he shouldn't keep in contact because he still misses her so that's a disaster waiting to happen.

But other than that, I don't see why not if you don't miss your ex, and it's too harsh to say all girls keep in contact just to attain spare tires. I broke up with an ex over religious differences, but in that sense, there was no "I'm right, he was wrong", just that we were too different. But by some coincidence, he found an interest in one very thing I also came to like, so now we talk about that when we see each other around, or work on the same projects around town. In that sense, I found that a friend of a different religion is fine, but when we were romantically together, there was a lot of pressure on him to date someone else, and there were too many requirements in how his religion wanted me to be like, as a girlfriend and wife
>>
>>17426596
>when we see each other around, or work on the same projects around town
that´s a whole other story than being "friends" with an ex. i have exes i see around too and i don´t hold any grudges, hard feelings or other emotions for them. the breakup was mutual and had it´s reasons. but if you stay "friends" with an ex, and becuase you MISS her, that´s a huge red flag and asking for problems.
>>
No, even if we were friends before. An ex I had was cool at first, but since we had sex during the relationship, he expected to be friends with benefits.
I prefer to cut all ties, remove all proof of their existence and move on with my life.
>>
>>17426516
Yea, but they were not serious relationships
>>
>>17426516
My ex and I were best of friends, then we got together, then we broke up. We went through a silent period but we're now talking frequently. I'm not sure if I'm over her, cause I haven't had a date since we broke up, but she seems to be over me.
>>
>>17426538
you sound like a cunt
>>
>>17426516
No. I'm either still attracted sexually or too hurt.
I'm friendly with both of my ex boyfriends, but not close friendship.
Also - it'd be insulting for my partner. I don't want to hurt him like that.
>>
Yes, sort of.
I dumped my ex about 2 years ago.
It took a whole year before she got over me and during that time staying in contact with her was just doing her a disservice.
She's got a new bf now and we've started talking a little again. I think she's over me, at least i hope so.
We'll probably never be great friends though, don't see how we could be.
>>
Don't do it. It's poison to all new relationships. My bf still has contact to a woman who was just awful to him and all and I don't understand why you'd want someone like that in your life... except you still have some sort of feeling for her.. what makes me worried. It makes me angry that he still gives her this attention and cherishes her idea of being special to him or that she could have him back at any time. This could be how your new gf feels too
>>
Don't stay friend with your ex and don't ever date a girl who is friends with her ex because of this reason

>>17426538
>I could, if I broke up with him and just had no feelings for him whatsoever. Oh, of course, he pines for me and suffers heartache, but it's not my problem. I'll have to drop him when I get a new boyfriend, but for now, it's comfy to have a placeholder

Bad choices all around. Exs are exs for a reason, that is picking up unnecessary baggage
>>
I don't see why everyone see this in such negative way. Not all women want you around because of attention, being friends with exes is not an insult to your current relationship. I mean, if you two have good feelings and respect for each other, why not keep the friendship? C'mon, a failed romantic relationship is not the end of the world.
On that subject I was very good friends with my first ex, I think our bond was stronger after our breakup (wich was mutual and in peace, no cheating or fights and the likes). We were best friends for years. Then life sort of splitted our paths but I still appreciate him a lot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.