[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just going to vent for a bit. I just found a job. Salary, 9-5.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0456.jpg (369KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
369KB, 500x749px
Just going to vent for a bit.

I just found a job. Salary, 9-5. It's nice to have income, but it's fucking hard to have to commit a whole week and only get 2 days off which seem to go by so quickly.

It's not that I was happier being jobless, I was always bored and I wanted to have something to take up time, but 40 hours is so much.

I just wish there was an in between. I know I sound spoiled as shit but I'm so mentally drained after work. How do people manage their time? I want to do other things but when I get home I just end up binge watching videos and aimlessly chatting.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>17425563
Welcome to the grind. Save money, invest wisely, etc and you can get away with maybe working part time instead in a couple of decades.

Or you could save up for your own business or something.

OR you could just try to do really well here for a couple of years, then focus on finding a job you really really like, so at least the grind is far more tolerable.
>>
>I just wish there was an in between.

It's called being part time.

>but I won't make enough money then!

Tough shit. If you want money then you work a full time job like everyone else does, or you start your own business that works for itself, but to get to that point you'll be working way more than 40 hours a week which means you'll probably cry and quit well before it can give you good enough bank.

And just so you know, there's 168 hours in a week. 40 is spent making money and 56 is spent sleeping. There's no excuse as to why the other 72 hours isn't enough time to do your pointless video watching.
>>
>>17425648
>t. corporate cuck slave

Thinking of ways to live a life where you can reduce the amount of pointless work you do for some fucking mega-corp with a shitheel CEO that makes 90x what you do for doing 1/90th of the work is a good thing
>>
>>17425653
He's not thinking of ways to avoid being a wagecuck, he's venting that he now has to work. That's why I said he could start a business, but that takes time and more work starting up and it's clear that OP is too much of a spoiled baby to do that.

I suppose he could also be a worthless piece of shit and leech off the government and his love ones but I'd prefer that stupid /r9k/ bullshit not even be an option.
>>
Work more hours so you appreciate the time you have off more. Know people who work 60-70 hours a week, who aren't even making an income because their money is going everywhere else but still manages to keep sane because they're too exhausted to go insane or waste their time when it's given to them.
>>
I work 4 days a week 10 hours a day, it feels better
>>
>>17425823

"Be so unhappy that the brief reprieve you get is your only hope! You'll eventually hate existence so much that fun and happiness will seem like distant memories!"

Holy shit.

Anyways OP, if you work hard and keep climbing the ladder, you'll be surprised at how soon work affords you some cool flexibility. I was super scared about the same shit as you, but my career surprised me with two years of working from home, and a gig now where I work one day a week at home, and four days in the office - with a nice lunch break, a bunch of free dinners, and a ton of perks. You have to take your bumps, but it goes faster than you think if you work hard.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.