[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant they develop happy pills? Is it because the world would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1454009815467.jpg (165KB, 1038x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1454009815467.jpg
165KB, 1038x1155px
Why cant they develop happy pills? Is it because the world would devolve into chaos if everyone was happy all the time?
>>
>>17424915
Because sometimes people need to feel unhappy in order to survive, grow, and thrive.
>>
Being happy means being gay. The world doesn't wanna be gay.
>>
>>17424925
but if we're in a good enough environment where survival is a default state (unlike the hunter-gatherer era) wouldn't this just be the solution to life?
>>
>>17424915
>Why cant they develop happy pills?

They did. Its called MDMA. Its illegal.
>>
Happiness isn't good for the economy. If people were happy with where they were, there would be no need to improve or buy that new house or car or anything for that matter.
>>
>>17424936

I'm pretty sure everyone would just kill themselves with a blank, neutral smile on their face.

There can be no joy without suffering, just like there can't be warmth without cold, can't be day without night, etc etc.

You need to snap out of this childish mindset that anything that makes you uncomfortable is "bad." Discomfort and dissatisfaction are the way you know something needs to change. When there's no more need for change or improvement... there's no need to be alive.
>>
>>17424943
I want legal happy pills that can be prescribed and make you happy not hallucinogens.
>>
>>17424936
>but if we're in a good enough environment where survival is a default state
This doesn't exist because of the various natural laws of the universe.

We have the technology today, right now, to achieve this result in the world, yet we don't. Why? Lots of reasons, but we just don't.

There will never exist an environment where we can survive without working.

Your question is laziness masquerading as utopia. "What if we were all happy!" We could all be "happy" right now but humans would have to not be humans shaped by natural forces. Nature doesn't reward laziness. I would argue that means "God" doesn't reward laziness either.

No happy world of laziness.
>>
>>17424936
read Brave New World
>>
>>17424945
no then you'd become god. either way, i never said complete happiness. more like a dull uncomfortable feeling and a really potent happiness
>>17424953
:(
>>
>>17424950
Opiates. Adderall can work for awhile but it's not sustainable. There are really shit tons of happy pills why do you think drugs are so popular?
>>
>>17424977
but they don't prescribe you opiates for depression.
>>
all ive got are these pills for depression that make it so im not depressed but im not happy and I really feel I need to be happy to be productive and thrive.
>>
>>17424945
That's fucking retarded and you don't know anything about emotions or physics. Take your greeting card "wisdom" back to Walgreens where it belongs
>>
its like ive got this pain inside me but its not depression. Anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>17424950
Mdma isn't a hallucinogen you silly cunt. You can get it everywhere, just pop some and have fun. Make sure you're in a good head space to start with though. Makes everything fucking awesome, you'll just be hugging people in the street.
>>
>>17425099
ive heard your never as happy again when your off them though.
>>
>>17425193
I haven't done it for years and am the same as I was before.
>>
>>17424968
Was about to post "OP hasn't read Brave New World". So yeah, do this OP.
>>
>>17425544
>>17424968
>I thought the dehumanization of emotion, caste systems, and eugenics programs were bad because if /I/ were in that society I'd be appalled!
Caste system and eugenics means that anybody below Alpha would either not care or not even fucking know
Drug system means everybody is in a constant state of utopia no matter what caste they're in

Brave New World is spooky to people because it's authoritarianism through medication, and "eugenics is bad cuz nazis".
In reality there is nothing ethically wrong with it.
>>
>>17425002
>Hot and cold aren't real concepts in physics and math, therefore you're stupid for mentioning them!
Perception is based on contrast.
Emotion is rooted in perception.
"The Cave" even fucking covers that and it's nearly 2500 fucking years old.

Read a book you massive autist, holy shit.
>>
>>17425193
Ive had mdma twice this year

The first time I were numb after but it werent a depressing numb.

Second time were a stronger dose but no mental numbness after. I see why its illegal. For someone going through any major problems they're likely to abuse it.

Shit is pretty damn great though. Makes me wonder what coke is like.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.