[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faith is something I think people can't live without and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (410KB, 680x879px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410KB, 680x879px
Faith is something I think people can't live without and yet I think organized religion is the reason I suffer through life. What are some alternative choices in worship?
>>
File: FantasticPlanet7.jpg (95KB, 1197x703px) Image search: [Google]
FantasticPlanet7.jpg
95KB, 1197x703px
Meditation
>>
>>>/his/

Serious
>>
theoretically you can worship anything, even a rock. The problem is that you can't really chose what you worship. You can't decide that "from now on I'm going to believe this being is absolute and worthy of my worship" you're pretty much grown into it. You could instead find a set of beliefs and live in accordance with them. You could also try Buddhism, it's not exactly a classical religion.

>Faith is something I think people can't live without
could you elaborate on this?
>>
File: psilocybin_3d.jpg (30KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
psilocybin_3d.jpg
30KB, 600x500px
Magic mushrooms
>>
File: 1433991199524.jpg (195KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1433991199524.jpg
195KB, 500x703px
>>17424730
Worship kek :^)
>>
>>17424748
>you can't really chose what you worship
Not true.

>You could also try Buddhism
True.
>Taoism
Even better

Also
>Occult Magick
>/x/
>inb4 nor real
But it works,

>Chaos Magick
Aaand you can create your own gods.

Or continue to believe in whatever god you already believe in, just make it part of a greater pantheon.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
>>
>>17424730

>Richter: You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
>Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
>Richter Belmont: Your words are as empty as your soul!

At one time "Dracula" was a religious zealot.

So he spoke the truth from person experience.

Truly, a misunderstood based character.
>>
>>17424846
you have no idea what faith is. Choosing who or what you have faith in is as easy as choosing who you love or what you enjoy.

You can't simply make up a god and feel the same way about it as a christian who was indoctrinated since birth feels about his god. For him whatever he knows about his god is absolute truth and must be respected. For you it's just a set of arbitrary beliefs you decided you like.
>>
>>17424893
On the contrary, I've felt my beliefs both break and heal my own body.

Faith isn't measured in years.
>>
>>17424913
>Faith isn't measured in years.
It kind of is. Someone who had a faith for 20 years is going to be more devoted than someone who had it for 1 years in 99% of the cases. Sure, there are exceptions, but not nearly enough to disprove the rule.

>On the contrary, I've felt my beliefs both break and heal my own body.
That sounds like insane preaching and even if it didn't it would still be irrelevant in this context.
>>
>>17424846
>>17424913

The beginning is the end is the a quote.
>>
>>17424730
>I think organized religion is the reason I suffer through life.

What is now finally getting brought up in Christianity is the church is the body of Christ. Meaning the believers make up the body of Christ (the church) with Jesus as the cornerstone.

>What are some alternative choices in worship?

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 5;5-6
>>
>>17424933
>It kind of is
Only in a world where, the longer you pray, the stronger your faith is.
Also not true. You can be a devoted believer after years of practising, sure, but do you really think that all people believe as strongly as their peers who started practising the same year as they did?

Ever heard of sudden enlightenment?

If a Christian man broke his leg, it's the will of God; If an occultist broke his leg, it's in accordance to his own will - but both work, and none is more true than the other - except the occult practitioner will look at what he's doing, which thoughts that were occupying his mind, leading up to the event, and is more likely to see how he brought it onto himself. It's the same power, only with different labels, and false notions of seperation from the impalpable and timeless. You get to choose you own labels, belief remains unchanged.
>>
>>17424730
Not being a faggot? Worship yourself for shits sake, not some fake sky asshole.
>>
>>17425119

Rejecting religion isn't the same as rejecting God. It certainly doesn't mean "worshipping yourself." Many highly educated scientists believe in God, or at least acknowledge the possibility of a higher power.

We have only a partial understanding of a tiny sliver of the universe we live in. Every major human civilization independently developed an idea of a "God." I can't fathom the arrogance of these asshole kids with Bachelor's degrees who think they know everything, when they don't even understand the science they place their faith in
>>
>>17425129
That didn't even make any sense. I'm simply saying live your life don't waste time worshipping some "God" who may/may not exist. Religion was used back in the day to control the proles, I'm sure we don't need that stupid shit anymore, all it does is cause conflict.

If God exists, he/she sure as fuck doesn't care about any humans.
>>
Catholic religion and its dogmas were what made me leave the girl I loved the most.
All that shit about having to go to the mass and "breath Jebus 24/7" and having to study stuff (First Communion and all other rites) was just making me feel uneasy and uncomfortable all the fucking time.

The girl was miserable by living under those standards but refused to "easy the grip" on her fanatism, so, adieu cherie.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.