[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never have a proper art education, currently working at power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1467669300900.gif (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467669300900.gif
9KB, 200x200px
I never have a proper art education, currently working at power station and trying to figure out how to start a business.
Saving up money to pursue my art dream but too much a pussy to take the jump(metaphorically ).
I don't know what to do now
>>
>>17423614
Is that pic your art?
Also how old are you?
How long have you been doing art?
>>
>>17423614
Please do not do it until you have a line of clients for a 1 year+. Do you know how to handle business expenses, tax forms, or just how to deal with clients in general?
>>
>>17423614
you mean business as in making money with your art? or are this 2 separate ideas?

you don't need a proper art education to land a job as illustrator or graphic designer or even as a free artist.
>>
>>17423614
I think you should go to tumblr, your art suites that site and they greatly support artists like you. If your business is art-related, it's going to be hard because you need an idea and then to build a following, and you need to keep being creative. I'd be happier with a stable income.

I tried to find but couldn't - there's sites where each of your followers pays you like $1 to make new art, so if you have 400 followers then that's $400 for a new release.

I hope it goes well.
>>
The business idea is kinda like an animation studio, like ghibli or disney.
For the business management, tax handling and etc, I have no clue. Thats what bothering me everyday. Anyway, thanks for the advice
>>
>>17423614
Don't be too scared to start a business if you have the money to spend, just go in with an open mind, be ready to face sudden changes and set backs, and most importantly keep realistic expectations of your projects, budget, experience, and medium. All business is is basically selling a product or service in the long haul. In this case ask yourself how you want to sell your art particularly and in what medium(s).

Whether that be game-design and utilizing your art medium there by doing indie games as a indie studio(which I've undergone myself), selling your own art prints online, comics, or kicking that animation studio. I'll stress this though by saying remember to set realistic expectations and consider starting small though, as big things may be out of your level until you business blooms.

After determining the mediums you want to tackle its time to lay out the necessary steps to get there, utilizing your resources, and especially researching that field and the markets surrounding it.

Don't feel gloom and doom about the lack of an education as your experience and years of drawing will certainly make up for it. I have no college degree and learned programming + Pixel Art through the course of developing my first project in a six month period.

You can easily find out the legal information you require through a proper legal consultant in your area, copyright/patent lawyer, and even online.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.