[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 4 semesters into college (30 credits total), and my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1470176140330[1].jpg (39KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1470176140330[1].jpg
39KB, 320x286px
I'm 4 semesters into college (30 credits total), and my GPA is a 1.7 because I basically left in the middle of my last 2 semesters and didn't withdraw either time (depression and apathy).

My goal WAS supposed to be med school. I think I've already fucked myself pretty thoroughly.

Should I bother? Because I'm feeling like I should check out.
>>
File: Operator.jpg (34KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
Operator.jpg
34KB, 300x281px
>>17421319

>3.8 GPA
>8 Withdrawals due to my disability.

My universities wouldn't be too happy with that number of W's but my GPA, documents disabilities and test scores are great so they overlook the W's.

In your case:

Time to start over from scratch, comrade.

Retake those classes even if you have to pay out of pocket for them and Ace them.

How bad to you want it?

Watch this every single fucking day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>17421319
Being realistic here, assuming 120 total credit hours for simplicity, if you got an A on every single class from now on you'd end up with a 3.425 GPA assuming you're not retaking classes. Different universities have different policies on retaking classes but I've never looked into it personally.

Even taking an extra year after graduating to boost your GPA will give you a 3.54 again assuming all As. At this point the only way I see it happening is if you went into a Master's program since this will restart your GPA.
>>
Did you just get D's and C's in every class or did you fail some classes and do a little better in others? If you failed any classes, then retake them right away. That should help your GPA.

Other than that, your only option is to either get straight A's from here on out and then emphasize your improved performance or set your sights on some other career. Med school isn't the only thing you could study after your undergrad that is worthwhile.
>>
>>17421463
Leaving without dropping basically means F. I have 4 F's, 2 C's on my record.

>>17421431
This is what I'm worrying about. My university does accept retakes no problem, but for matriculation purposes med schools (excluding osteopathic) include every grade past and present in their average.

And I'm certainly not going to get an A in every class.

So I suppose I'm answering my own question here.

A little bit of foresight on my part would have gone a long way.
>>
Don't quit, OP. What are you going to do if you drop out? Work at a supermarket? My best friend did this same thing, "Oh I did bad so I'm going to work until I make up my mind of what I'm going to do"

He worked at Arby's for three months, got fired because he kept skipping work, and hasn't been employed for a year.

Your goal WAS med school, and now you're thinking about giving up? Don't do it, doing that will ruin you. This guy >>17421353 has it right. Maybe you won't make it to med school, you've already faced that reality. But you can still get a degree. Don't let anxiety and frustration ruin two years of work.

Stay in school, work harder, make up your failed classes. Would you rather go to an employer and tell them you flunked out of college? Isn't it better to have a story about how you made an honest mistake, and then fixed your mess through determination and perseverance?

This is a struggle you have to work through. You’ll become a better person if you just work harder. I know what this is like all too well, but I am telling you from experience you can do it.
>>
>>17421516
Osteopathic doesn't? I would look into that then. I'm sure you know already but if you could become an DO that'll pay just as much as a MD.

I'm also wondering if you can somehow use this story of overcoming depression and anxiety to your advantage. Honestly I'm not sure, those are serious medical conditions and the school may worry you'll have another breakdown during tough times like residency.
>>
>>17421319
You should study a course that you have the mental toughness to finish.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.