[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with the fact that I will never live in the 70's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: nightfeveeeeee.jpg (37KB, 485x366px) Image search: [Google]
nightfeveeeeee.jpg
37KB, 485x366px
How do I deal with the fact that I will never live in the 70's and 80's?
My parents and other people who did, confirm that they were indeed aware they were living in awesome decades.
Regardless of my personal life problems, I have felt completely alienated from entertainment and culture of the current times ever since 2008.
Should I give in to constant nostalgia for a time I didn't live in, or force myself to enjoy the crappy present day?
>>
Suicide is always an option
>>
Doc Brown can help.
>>
How old are you and why such a shitty decade ?
>>
The healthy way to deal with such a thing would be to accept that you're alive now, and take up an art form. Study 80's music, film or whatever the fuck and recreate it with a spin that only you with your unique set of experiences can put on it. Do that enough and you'll start to develop a style and the reason you were born now as opposed to then will start to make sense.

Art = the doorway out of any form of suffering, or one of the doorways anyway
>>
Graduate high school
>>
ur plain shit out of luck m8.
>>
>>17420988
Beautiful.
>>
>>17420978
I'm 23 and I can't stand current music, movies, fashion, entertainment like youtubers, and the social network culture like facebook and twitter (showing off your mundane stuff, acting like every opinion is important and no opinion is important at the same time).
I don't like having to rely on text messaging constantly to be connected to others, I miss phone calls.
The only good thing out of it I guess is internet piracy (to get old movies and music) though I also miss the times when I went out to buy CDs.
>>
>>17420988
That's actually great advice, thanks. And nice 88 dubs.
>>
>>17421005

>I'm 23

You weren't even alive for the 80s you cretin.

>I miss phone calls

This is the most meta thing I have read today.
>>
>>17420952
>>17421005
Dude do you know how barbaric the 70's and 80's were?
>>
>>17421027
I know there was a shit ton of terrorism in the 70's (we have that today though) and that everyone was on drugs in the 80's. But people still claim they enjoyed those decades back then.
I don't know how much people's personalities have changed through the years, if people are really much nicer and open minded today in general.
>>
They're confirming that due to the nostalgia they have. Odds are it's not as good as they say it is
>>
>>17421045
Yah that's a good point.
>>
>>17421005
You are only paying attetion to those things
Cognitive bias
>>
I was there, op, and it wasn't that great. In fact most of it was just plain shitty. You didn't miss anything, and in fact right now is a million times better than then. So cheer up, take some vitamin c, here's a gun, get out there! !!
>>
>>17420952
I lived in the 70s and 80s, and felt alienated from popular culture and entertainment. Some things are better as nostalgia than contemporary.
>>
Hey man, I'm a professional painter that works with hair metal and traditional metal bands. I'm also a guitarist. I work all over because of this.

A lot of these fads from the 70's and 80's never died out. A lot of people think these things are a gimmick but almost everyone (except obvious gimmicks) takes it very seriously.

You should be happy you live in a time with a ton of new things, as well as all of the culture that is still around.
>>
>I miss the 70's and 80's
>Is 23

For you to actually miss something you need to actually be a part of it.
>>
>>17421133
If you're interested in this music, check out new bands that are inspired by these things such as

>laserhawk
>h.e.a.t
>enforcer
>diemonds
>crashdiet
>spell
>electric funeral
>foxy Shazam

There's a fuckton. It never went away, it's just not publicized everywhere.
>>
>>17420952
>FUCK MY GENERATION
>Filthyfrank.jpg
You gotta be joking..

Well, if you really want it that bad, there are a lot of mediums through which you can channel your inner 80s kid through, including but not limited to music, movies, and physical paraphenelia. You could immerse yourself in that kind of thing pretty easily as long as yoy know what field to look for
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.