[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been scared of dark my whole life, it was worst from when I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 345634.jpg (21KB, 425x443px) Image search: [Google]
345634.jpg
21KB, 425x443px
Been scared of dark my whole life, it was worst from when I was 17 till I was 22. Now I am 23 and it's starting to begin again.

So basically what happens is I fall asleep and then wake up about 20 times during 8 hour sleep, and when I wake up I see shapes and lights and sometimes people or stuff like mystical creatures beside my bed or just staring at me from the ceiling. This really freaks me out and I have trouble sleeping. Also I am seriously terrified of ghosts, so scared to go to the bathroom because I am scared of seeing something in the mirror. This scares me only at night.

So what the fuck do I do? I am so tired during day because of this. Sleeping with lights on causes me to wake up even more often. Is there any simple stuff, I don't really want to start taking sleeping pills ;__;

tl;dr scared at night, what to do?
>>
Have you seen a therapist?
>>
>>17420188
A doctor, she just said that it's normal when you stress and with my past it can be pretty normal. Abusive alcoholic and drug using parents.

I've had a pretty rough childhood, went to therapy for like 10 years, started when I was 7 years old. Didn't really help with that, ever.
>>
>>17420180
Easy really, get a night light, problem fixed
>>
>>17420311
Nah, it doesn't help since it gives me the feeling that someone is in the room. Tried it many times. I am going to try melatonin pills for now.
>>
>>17420180

You need to watch the movie "Candyman" and that should sure this problem right up.
>>
>>17420345
Ohoh, you think I haven't seen it?
>>
File: Dead Inside.jpg (486KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Inside.jpg
486KB, 1060x1600px
>>17420347

Fuck.

Well then watch Jaws and Scream.

Alone, at night, with headphones.

You know, it's funny; I'm 30 and saw Jaws, Candyman, Friday the 13th and the Nightmare on Elm Street and the Scream series when I was growing up and they all impacted my fears for years.

I'm won't swim in lakes, the ocean (unless I can see though the water) but won't ever go snorkeling past the drop off or even someones' swimming pool at night unless they have a pool light.

As for rivers, who the fuck swims in rivers?

Besides haven't you seen Deliverance?
>>
>>17420377
I saw Candyman and the Nightmare on Elm Street after I wasn't scared at night anymore, just laughed at the movies. That ring movie where the girl comes from the tv really fucked me up, still scared of looking at my tv at night. Oh and the woman on that grudge movie, gotta check that bathroom ceiling everytime in case she's there out to get me.
I think I won't even google what Deliverance is, it's almost my bedtime.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.