[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you going in life? What's stopping you from just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 8789.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8789.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
What keeps you going in life?
What's stopping you from just ending it all and killing yourself?
>>
>>17419757
Music.And the belief that my life must get better,because my childhood and teenage years were utterly shit.
>>
>>17419757
I don't want a few of my friends to feel bad about my death. I'm sure it would genuinely hurt them. I know grieving is usually temporary but sometimes it lasts really long. But I don't think they can really do anything to ease my pain.
I don't feel too much for my parents but to be honest they are just really confused and mistaken, I guess they don't deserve losing their only son. They just don't understand what I'm going through since forever because they are from a different generation with different problems.
>>
Life doesn't matter. Neither does death. There's no objective reason to live or not.

But I have a decent idea of what life is likely to contain. It contains pleasures and pains, but the pains aren't so bad when you don't take it so seriously (and you shouldn't, because our lives are arbitrary and temporary) and there's always the potential for pleasure and interesting things if you keep going. The ride has the potential to be interesting, and most bad times pass.

In contrast, death is entirely unknown. It's likely simply the end, a turning-off into void, and that's nothing to be afraid of any more than being deeply asleep is. But it is, still, fundamentally entirely unknown to me what death will be. So instead of rushing into it, I'm hanging around to see what happens and being amused by the dramas of life. If my life were truly constantly shit, I might think different.
>>
>>17419757
My family. I love my family and vice versa, I would never end my life knowing how upset thet would be and how much love they've invested. My family is my life and I will continue to go on till its my time.
>>
>>17419757
I guess it's mostly the natural survival instinct we are born with.
>>
>>17419757
I think nothing. I guess I ain't brave enough to suicide.
>>
>>17419757
The fact that I went through a really rough chapter in my life, but lived long enough for it to turn a corner and amazing things have happened. Pushing on has brought me a lot of mind blowing opportunities, things I couldn't have imagined before, so I know now the benefits of not giving up.
>>
>>17419763
This guy knows life. Exact same reason. Also want to add just being able to feel anything even sadness is ok because I dont want to die.
>>
>What keeps you going in life?
Obligations.
>What's stopping you from just ending it all and killing yourself?
The same obligations. I would love to just end it all but I have obligations and debts to pay off. It's bad to die with debts.
>>
Curiosity is all that keeps me here.
>>
I want to see the next two Avengers movies pretty bad.
>>
>>17419880
Same here but with Star Wars except that I HATED the last Star Wars movie but they say Episode 8 will be "weird"
>>
I wanna watch anime and youtube videos and movies and play video games and masturbate to hentai.
>>
>>17419880
Really? There's only so much superhero films I can take.
>>
Cowardice.
>>
>>17419890

I've loved comics since I was a little kid and seeing them up on the big screen and loved by other people around me is something I never thought I'd see, especially since Captain America is my favorite. This shared universe thing is a marvel of cinema (pun intended) that I doubt we'll ever see done so effectively in our lifetimes.
>>
>>17419757
A near-death experience. That will change your outlook. I still hate my life must of the time, but I think I stop and take time to appreciate the little things more now.
>>
Because I can always find something to be happy about even in the darkest times. And I always believe things can get better.
>>
>>17419894
same here
at least you are honest
>>
>>17419763
If you believe things will "get better" just because you had a shitty childhood, then I've got some bad news for you…
>>
>>17419757
I actually really want children.
>>
1. I'd rather try to fix shit however long it takes than just end my likely only chance at life.
2. My dad cosigns all my student loans, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. "Land of the free" and I'm not even free to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>17419897
I'm worried that we'll never see big heroes in solo movies in independent universes for the next 20 years.

It's ridiculous that Daredevil has trouble believing in black sky when fucking aliens dropped out the sky and razed New York to the ground and Thor actually exists in the universe.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.