[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been working for the same company for the last three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1469923119666.jpg (61KB, 275x266px) Image search: [Google]
1469923119666.jpg
61KB, 275x266px
I've been working for the same company for the last three years. Friday, while my manager was off on vacation, I sent my resignation in to him and his Manager. I sent them a letter that cited the following reasons for resigning:

>working 10-16 hours a day for 8 hours of pay
>verbal and physical abuse by manager
>Very low pay increase for the last year
>disrespect from coworkers
>mental and physical stress

After I sent the letter to them, I also sent the letter via e-mail to a list of people that I frequently work with and told them that I've enjoyed working with them and that I wish them all the best (these people are not at my office, but offices across the country.) About two hours later i received a call from the director of HR and kind of had second thoughts about sending the letter to all of those people. I get the feeling that i may be canned before my two-week notice is up. I will be facing my manager in approximately two hours which is unavoidable and I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him nor do I know how to prepare for this.

Any input or suggestions guys? I'm nervous as fuck.
>>
>>17419260
Sounds pretty sweet, you might get your two weeks pay without having to go to work. Probbaly shouldn't have sent the whole thing go everyone though.
>>
There is a site called glassdoor.com . Write an anonymous review of your company. They can't do shit about it.
>>
>>17419260
>i may be canned before my two-week notice is up
What difference does it make? You don't want to work there, and you're getting that
>>
>>17419260

it probably wasn't necessary to make such a detailed, elaborate notice. I mean, especially the list of coworkers you liked. That's just irrelevant to your quitting. I guess it's not really bad though, just odd.

I don't know about the laws in your state but usually if you've worked somewhere for 3 years you're owed severance if they fire you, so I doubt they'll fire you after you've given your 2 weeks notice.

At the end of the day I wouldn't get too worked up about it, afterall what's the worst thing that can happen? You're already leaving a job you appear to really dislike. Sure the manager might be pissed off and might threaten to not give you a reference, but it's far from the end of the world.
>>
You were well within your right to quit. However, where you went wrong was sending the letter to other employees badmouthing the company and undermining your employer in general. You don't have the right to do that
>>
>>17419287
Of course he has the right to do that. It's just not a good idea.
>>
>>17419296
Under the law where I live (which, I admit, may not be the same where he is), no he doesn't. Where I live, he'd have an obligation to act in good faith, which includes not undermining his employer while the employment relationship is still in place
>>
>>17419296

I doubt OP did this, but sometimes mentioning specific things related to salaries (i.e. exact figures) to coworkers is grounds for dismissal.
>>
hey OP, that sounds like a shitty job, but I really would not of gone about it that way.

Safer choice would have been to quietly document the abuse, report it to HR not your coworkers, get a lawyer, and sue the company.

Now your stuck, blown your cover and can't possibly use this job as a reference.
>>
>>17419307

OP here

I did specifically state that I received a $0.168 raise this year.

Whoops? Eh, fuck it. I appreciate everyone's input on this subject. Wish me luck!
>>
He probably just wants to persuade you to stay.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.