[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im 27 and have never had a job. I have a very very good reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 471x312px
Im 27 and have never had a job. I have a very very good reason for never having worked but I'm not sure if I should be honest with employers or just fake a resume... I don't want anything special, maybe restaurant work or retail or something but I can't even get that with the lies I've been telling so far.

Should I tell the truth about my situation? Is honesty the best policy? I feel like I'm starting out at 27 where most people do when they're 17 and I need to learn but I feel like nobody wants to teach you when you're nearly 30 years old.

Not sure what to do. I live in Australia btw, don't know if that makes a difference.
>>
>I have a very very good reason for never having worked
No you don't. If you did, you would be comfortable talking to potential employers about it.
>>
Fake a resume? Bad plan. Get a job and be honest. Don't be one of them.
>>
I married someone who ended up being extremely abusive and controlling. He wouldn't let me work. The only reason I ended up getting out of the relationship was because he tried to kill me. I spent a couple months in the hospital and then about a year and a half after that in therapy trying to become a normal part of society again. Now here I am and I've been searching for a year and can't get shit. That's the reason.

But I also don't want to come off as someone who wants everyone to feel sorry for me. So I don't know what to do here.
>>
>>17419125
This.

If you have a good reason, then it won't be as much as a negative as you think. Contrary to popular belief most managers are human. Just start somewhere shitty, Like McDonalds or something.

Also, if you were willing to tell us what your "reason" for not working thus far in your life, we might be able to help you find a way to phrase it so it sounds less negative.
>>
oh wow anon, im so sorry. that must have been utter shit. Have you tried getting help from any domestic abuse organizations? I'd be really suprised if there wasn't one that couldn't connect you to a understanding potential employer.
>>
>>17419212
Non-profits would be happy to help you out. Have you considered going to community college? Good luck anon, I'm sorry I can't help more.
>>
If your not in a huge rush for a job you should start volunteering regularly. You won't be getting paid, but you'll have something to put on a resume and get you references as well. Find some organization related to your interests and it could actually become something you enjoy.
>>
Not sure if domestic violence organizations would be able to help me being that everything that happened to me happened in another country.
>>
>>17419117
>I live in Australia btw
Fuck, you've been stealing my tax dollars. What's the reason for not working? You're going to find it hard to get into any pleb positions at 27 (KFC maccas etc) as they want cheap kids. Do you have any qualifications?
>>
Pangolins are cute as fuck.
>>
>>17419117
as long as you can show them that you can actually do your job properly there shouldn't be a problem.
Your boss does not want to have to constantly help you out with every little thing you're supposed to do.
>>
>>17419288
No I haven't been stealing your tax dollars. I moved on to someone else who has been graciously takin care of me the best he can but its not right and I need to be contributing and saving money of my own because I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Not that my new partner would ever abuse me and try to shoot me. But if it doesn't work out, what then? We've been together go a while and I've only lived with him 3 months but it's time for me to do things for myself. As wonderful as he's been, he understands this too and I'm sure he's tired of spending his money on 2 people.
>>
Sorry for typos, my phone screen sucks.
>>
>>17419316
I was joking, sorry if it offended. What do you like? What are you good at? There are heaps of short courses that could get you started.
>>
sounds like a good time to ground yourself with family and go back to school.

Have you considered suing your ex spouse/partner. State side if you have DV charges you can request restitution for lost wages/the cost of counseling, medical bills etc.

Be wary of shitty jobs, they're like shitty relationships.

Maybe find some family friends and try nannying/care giving, help you make a few bucks and build references while recovering.

take it slow OP, the world fucks with your mind.
>>
If I were in your situation, I would lie and say you were a caretaker for a family member or for a family friend for such and such years. I got my first job by writing down that I worked at a store my father owned and at most, I would answer the phones or greet customers when he wasn't around, but I wrote that I would handle phone calls and computer shit for the store owner. The job I applied for (and got) never bothered to really ask and I always nail my interviews so it worked out. You could always tell the truth too, but I am assuming you'll be applying for some low pay job anyway, so I'd just make something up
>>
>>17419279
Domestic violence is domestic violence, anon. I think explaining to them that your ex was literally trying to kill you so you left the country will definitely get you some help and attention.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.