[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what should I order at a dive bar if I don't want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mg0e2rpNfB1qzx4bjo1_1280.jpg (375KB, 1280x1608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg0e2rpNfB1qzx4bjo1_1280.jpg
375KB, 1280x1608px
what should I order at a dive bar if I don't want to get too drunk but I don't like beer?
>>
>>17418974
I don't like most beers either. Cider is my on-tap go to. Scotch and coke if not. If you can afford a few, Vodka and Red Bull is nice to nurse because you get a bit charged and only a little drunk.
>>
>>17418978

Those sound pretty strong, except the cider? I don't really know my limits, new to drinking at all, I'm presumably a total lightweight
>>
get a grasshopper.
if you dont get kicked out youll b fine
>>
Depends on your taste level. Gin and tonics are solid entry level, so are rum and cokes or vodka cranberries.

If you're worried about getting drunk ask them to go light on the alcohol, or just get one drink and ask for a glass of water with it and alternate between the two throughout the night.

Don't be nervous/shy with the bartender. They've probably heard and seen it all, and some newbie drinker isn't going to make them break out into laughs.
>>
>>17419185

yeah I guess I should get over it but I'm worried about ordering something they don't have. I feel like the vibe is pretty chill at the place but I also don't want the bartender to dislike me.
>>
>>17419207
Unless you come in with some stupid drink you saw online like a "Grandfathers sex in the closet double packed" or some stupid shit you saw on Tipsy Bartender, they'll most likely be able to do it for you. If it's a super dive bar just stick to something simple. An alcohol with a chaser. Rum and sprite/coke/whatever, vodka and cranberry/sprite. If you want an actual drink, just ask what they'd recommend and say you aren't an experienced drinker. It'll probably make them like you more because you're putting your trust in their hands, plus they get the chance to be creative.
>>
>>17418974
whiskey sour or amaretto sour
>>
>>17418974
You can drink vodka and redbull all day long and not get fall over drunk somehow. I had about 20 of those things in one night and was still relatively fine. Must be the red bull counteracts the alcohol somehow. Probably not a good idea to have that much red bull though.
>>
>>17418974
beer
>>
Sip one hard drink "nurse" it or whatever they say. Make sure it tastes alright.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.