[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some advice on whether or not joining the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: airforce.jpg (228KB, 1344x1128px) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
228KB, 1344x1128px
Looking for some advice on whether or not joining the military is best for me. Currently 20 years old, have a decent job as a computer tech for my county's school board, comes with full benefits and pay is at $15.50/hr. Promotions are realistic though they only appear when others retire/leave. Been working for about a year in IT. I want to pursue a career in IT, and I feel the military would offer me some great experience and training. I also want to become more independent, and start living life more as my own man as unfortunately I still live with my parents. Though going active would require me to leave my current job for as long as my contract lasts at the least, in which it is possible when I return I would have a different position in my company. Curious as to what you guys think would be the best choice.
>>
>pic related, branch I want to join
>>
>15.50hr
you won't miss that
enlist now
get them to pay for you to get your degree
see the world
keep your nose clean
the military is a cash cow if you don't fuck it up
>>
>>17418669
15.50 is about E6 though before taxes, don't know if joining is monetarily worth it as compared to what I have now.
>>
>Too smart for the Army.
>Too lazy for the Marines.
>Not lazy enough for the Chair Force.
>Coast Guard? LOL
>Navy it is.

>Down at MEPS
>Instructor tells all the enlistees to answer like this:
>Army say " Hoohaa!"
>Marines say "Orah!"
>He says he's old school Navy so we say "Aye, aye!"
>Chair Force he says "Okie, Dokey!"

Everyone looks down on the chair force.

You think Navy gets the most shit?

Ha,ha; the Navy are the only branch who Marines see as equals since we transport them, support them and train their corpsmen (medics) and chaplains.

TL;DR Join the Navy, faggot.
>>
>>17418643
>joining the chair force

Don't do it bro. Join the army. Ask your recruiter to get you 11Bravo(Infantry) with option 40(To become a ranger
Everything is lame as fuck.

>>17418712
Navy is literally for faggots.
>>
>>17418643
Youre an idiot if you do it.
>dont leave anyone you might worry about its torturous
eg grandparents you were taking care of.
Biggest mistake of my life.
>theyll die be there for it, then go.
>>
>>17418720
>Infantry
I want to have a career m8
>>
>>17418726
Don't have anything holding me back like that fortunately
>>
>>17418720

>Navy for faggots.

Have an IT rating, E-5, see Europe, bang grillz from every country in Europe.

Come home, buy a condo and go to college; now I'm fucking grillz in college.

All on Uncle Sams dime.

If that's what being a faggot is then I'm the biggest faggot alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 665x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 665x650px
>>17418731
Who says you can't after you're out? Plus the army is the only branch where you can choose your job. There is no guarantee you'll get the exact position you want in the Air Force or if it's even open. The army literally takes everyone
>>
>>17418749

Air Force lets you pick 3-5 jobs and puts you where they need you the most.

Security Forces, guarding a missile base in BFE.

Navy you can pick you rate (job) if you score high enough on the aptitude test.

Army, who cares?

Marines, riflemen first then whatever.
>>
>>17418748
>I'm the biggest faggot alive
Navy, everybody.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.