[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best associates degrees to get? Preferably one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1458483228327.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458483228327.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
What are the best associates degrees to get?

Preferably one that could pay rent.
>>
>>17416705
Anything medical-related.

My sister in law got an associate's in phlebotomy. She didn't use it for two years, and just worked a customer service job for a medical testing lab. She just got hired on to a job where she'll use her phlebotomy training. It's some kind of dialysis job. She's starting at $16 an hour. That's not too shabby.

Not saying you should get that degree specifically, but the medical field always needs people and they tend to pay decently.
>>
>>17416705
Any trade ones ie. HVAC, Electrical, plumbing
>>
>>17416705

Mathematics. Transfer to a four year college and continue. Minor in computer science if you want, but it's not at all necessary.

See you at the country club.
>>
>>17416709
These are good too, but keep in mind you will not be able to retire to these kinds of jobs. Eventually the wear and tear on your body from these labor-intensive jobs is going to ground you. You'll be lucky to still be doing these jobs in your 50s. Now, you may have so much money that you can start your own contractor firm, or move into a managerial office role. That's always a possibility. But if it were me, someone who looks way down the future, I want a guaranteed "low impact" job that I can comfortably retire in my 60s at.
>>
>>17416705
Instead of getting an AA, use the two years to learn a trade. The world will always need plumbers, HVAC techs, carpenters, truck drivers, postmen, barbers, etc - all honorable and well-paying professions
>>
>>17416708
Don't do shitty-ass phlebotomy. I work as an inpatient phlebotomist and the pay totally sucks. Most places only require a year certificate, but most jobs only require a high school diploma to be hired.

Do nursing, respiratory therapy, or radiography (xray). I'm going back for an AAS in Radiography. They make about 55k/year starting out.
Respiratory Therapists make about 60k/year
LPNs make probably about the same, more if you become a full-fledged RN.

Phlebotomy and Medical Assisting degrees are a waste of your time.
Dialysis is cool if you can handle puncturing fistulas all day. There is an awesome dialysis patient on YouTube who posted her experience. You can see the PC Tech doing her thing. It's pretty disgusting IMO and I work at a hospital. Good thing is that DaVita will TRAIN YOU so you don't even need a degree. If you go that route, then just do a semester nurse assistant certificate.

Just my two cents as a renegade phlebotomist.
>>
>>17416741
>>17416709
Memebuster here.
Go ahead, take some trade job. You'll be
>working with people who were too stupid to go to college
>Have a truly laborious job that's going to beat the shit out of your body and make you a miserable person
>Make enough to buy a small house but never, EVER accumulate any true wealth, I mean EVER, the ceiling for people with no degree is low as fuck, if you have any kids they'll be middle class at best
good luck ;^)
>>
>>17416837
The idea with trades is the same for anything else - if you use it as a jumping point into becoming a contractor or business owner it's not really that bad

There are retards in construction, but it's an honest job that gets a lot of respect. Just like STEM careers have you working with socially retarded people.

>10+ years as a carpenter and tilesetter
>Had a small business for a few years
>starting 2nd year of engineering
>still do independent construction work on the side

Construction isn't that bad if you're smart, work hard, and are equally ambitious
>>
>>17416705
If your state allows for Associates in nursing you can find a program that takes 16 months (I'm graduating from one in December)

Most of the time you can have a job lined up before graduating making good money and nearly every hospital I know of helps with continuing education if you decide to go for bs or even masters
>>
>>17416741
>HVAC techs
upgraded hvac infrastructure and robots
>truck drivers
robots
>postmen
robots
>barbers
robots
>>
>>17416708
>>17416705
associates in science? cause my friend kept saying you cant get a job with that and I kept telling him stop talking out your ass. so I need validation
>>
>>17417628
>>17417628
With an associates of science you can work as a radiology Tech, respiratory Tech, RN etc in the medical field. Can't speak to the rest of the STEM field though.
>>
>>17417964
so I can continue telling my friend stop talking out his ass?
>>
>>17417974
As far as medical is concerned, most definitely. My roommate graduated with an associates degree and works under engineers drafting civil projects.

It's hard to not find work with an associates of science degree, you just need to make sure it's for something you WANT to do, and take future opportunities to get you bachelor's and maybe graduate degrees.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1024x1728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1024x1728px
How does an Associate's in Digital Video and Media Technology sound?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.