[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR My boyfriend got extremely muscular and im no longer attracted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: FB_IMG_1469670008011.jpg (21KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469670008011.jpg
21KB, 800x490px
TL;DR My boyfriend got extremely muscular and im no longer attracted to him.

My bf went the way of his friends from his fraternity after college ended this summer, and started hitting the gym heavy. He gave up video games, sold his computer (which i was definitely ok with) and basically devoted his free time to lifting weights. I tried to do it with him but my schedule is less flexible, and quite frankly i cant keep up with him.

Visually, he's not the same teddy bear that i know him to be. I tried to be supportive and unselfish but at the same time i didnt want him to change. I fell in love with this goofy, chubby, loveable guy. And now hes just another guy that spends his time at the gym.

Not just visually, but as far as his personality goes, he's completely changed. He wants sex way too often now. I will admit, sex with him has improved since he hit the gym (and his penis seems to have gotten longer) but he wants it too much now and we usually do it rough, and i end up too sore to do it that much.

How do i tell my boyfriend i want the old him back? This is actually a serious issue for me. I know with 100% certainty i cant marry this man. I wouldnt be happy and i cant do that to myself.
>>
Just be honest!

If you can't at least be honest with him, then maybe he's not the man for you.

Being honest is honestly the best path, you don't really have a choice sometimes.

Just let him know exactly how you feel. Don't bring "him" into it, only relay your feelings to him. Know what I mean?

You got this senpai.
>>
>>17415544
You probably can't tell him to change and I doubt that he would if you did. He made a good change in his life, it would be like if you lost 10 lbs and he told you he liked you better fat.

You can talk to him about the sex, approach that by just being a grown fucking adult and tell him it's too rough.
>>
He isn't going to go back to his old self. Tell him that sex is too rough and if the two of you are seriously in love and have been dating for a LONG time, tell him that you wouldnt mind if he scaled back at the gym.
>>
File: 1468885104551.png (427KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1468885104551.png
427KB, 500x490px
>>17415544

Tell him everything you just told us.

If you can't be straight forward and honest with him about how you feel you shouldn't be in a relationship with him.

Either he will take your words to heart and do his best to address some of the issues you've brought up or he'll ignore you, get defensive and continue along this path to becoming a different person.

Its not necessarily a bad thing, people change all the time but if what he's becoming is not what you want in a partner then its safe to say it might be time to move on. People change. Happens all the time.
>>
File: piTpOsq.jpg (82KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
piTpOsq.jpg
82KB, 960x640px
Identify your boyfriend on this chart.
>>
>>17416137

Actually I don't know if I'll be on when you respond, so here's my advice. There's a variety of ends to work towards in weightlifting and bodybuilding. If he's just interested in powerlifting (i.e. He just wants to build strength forever and looks at weightlifting like an athlete) then there's not much to do other than voice your concern and he'll do with it what he does, but if he's lifting because he's interested in being healthier generally and looking better, then you could see if there's an another build on this chart you find more appealing and present it to him as an alternative to work towards. That way you're not actually giving him an ultimatum between your relationship and weightlifting.
>>
File: nick young.jpg (40KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
nick young.jpg
40KB, 184x184px
I seriously think at times these kind of threads have to be bait but I can't fathom someone who thinks "My boyfriend is currently more attractive on an universal value of standards" is a bad thing

I mean fucking seriously if your biggest issue is you're having more rough sex and your boyfriend has a bigger dick and is jacked then a lot of people on this forum would very much want to spit on your face
>>
>>17416195
>I seriously think at times these kind of threads have to be bait but I can't fathom someone who thinks "My boyfriend is currently more attractive on an universal value of standards" is a bad thing
Maybe you should read her post a bit more intensively. Her issue wasn't so much the aesthetics, but the change in personality. Not everyone wants someone overly aggressive.
>>
>>17416195
>currently more attractive on an universal value of standards
>extremely muscular

I hope you see the difference
>>
>>17416195
Maybe you missed all the studies that showed the majority of women (meaning most of them, lets make that very clear here) want to settle down with teddy bears, not chads.

Quite literally, the more muscular and "handsome" (essentially how much work you put into your looks), the more chance you have to get laid, but the less chance you have of getting into a long term relationship with a normal non-crazy woman.

Now, you can see how this has been demonstrated in the OP - a teddy bear became a chad and the normal woman wants to drop him over it. 4chan logic doesn't apply to the real world, /fit/ is actually ruining the long term prospects of many people, and most guys that are freaking out about not being a chad really just need to work on their personality and education.
>>
>>17415544
TL;DR:
Guy gets swole, gf gets anxious she'll lose him

The Prophecy:
They won't be together much longer, he'll find that way hotter chicks want to bang him.
She will go on the internet complaining there are no good guys
>>
>>17416212
haha ok guy
good luck
>>
>>17415544

On some level you gotta question why you like him less after he's improved himself
>>
>>17415544
Wow

You know OP, I wish I knew the number to your boyfriend so I could tell him how he is incredibly far better off without you.

Like fuck you. Can't you just be happy for him? Christ. You want fat tubby guys so much? Dump your bf and literally take your foot out the door, because they're everywhere.

You know, I often wonder why girls are attracted to these fat tub of lards, and usually I discern it's because they have money or status or something. But if women actually find chubby men attractive then that fucking explains everything.
>>
>>17415544
You can't tell him you want the old him back and expect him to just get fat again. That's ridiculous.

You CAN tell him you don't like the way your sex life has changed, or the way he acts. Those are things that can be talked about and worked with. You are well within your right to dislike changes in the way a person behaves. After all, your affection and love are primarily linked to who he is on the inside. If the inside has changed, that's a serious thing that has to be discussed.

Important thing is to be non-judgmental and do not bring emotion into it. Lay out your concerns and express that you want to work on things so you both can find a happy compromise.
>>
>tfw no muscular hypersexual man to throw me around the bedroom

How kinky is he? Would he be opposed to wearing an intimidating mask? How's his booty? Pls be in Maryland.

All kidding aside, you need to tell him that he's changed and you miss certain aspects of his personality. Don't be aggressive about it, don't try to force change, just be open and honest. If he doesn't revert a little, you might want to move on. He may very well have outgrown you.
>>
Tell him the truth you fat bitch. Give it to him straight.
>>
>>17415544
If you can't be open and honest with him then your relationship isn't all that great to begin with friend. If ANYTHING tell him about the sex issues. You shouldn't have to feel sore, tell him to slow the fuck down and be more gentile. But you should probably mention the attitude adjustment. Tell him he's being too aggressive and it's bothering you. He probably won't want to change back to his old self if he's happy doing this, but if he cares about you he may listen to you and try to at least consciously tone back the testosterone when he comes back from the gym.

>>17416195
>My boyfriend is currently more attractive on an universal value of standards
Not everyone aligns to the universal standards m&. The most muscle I find attractive is a swimmers body/ottermode. Frankly though my ideal is just a skinny dude with little to no muscle at all. >>17416137 this guys chart, Athletic looks really gross to me, and only gets worse the farther down it goes.
>>
Also ignore the roid rage autismos who wandered over here from /fit/ that cherry picked the idea you just want to inflate him again into fat and completely ignored the more crucial bit about his personality changing into an aggressive shit. They aren't seeing the real problem anyways.
>>
>>17416745

To be fair she did put that as the tl;dr
>>
>>17416758
true, but to be fair you should always read the full story before spouting opinion lol. Otherwise we end up with tumblr.
>>
>>17416743
well you're an ugly fag :^(
>>
When a brah makes it, these sloots just wanna bring us down and halt the gains. Fuck these sloots brah, dump him. Save a brah the headache of putting up with a dumb sloot
>>
File: 172.jpg (91KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
172.jpg
91KB, 554x439px
>>17416778
k lol.
>>
Was he happy when he was fat? Because it sounds to me like he now feels like he has come out of his shell and is more confident in the bedroom etc.

My advice, be more passionate with him. Excite him. You might actually feel that you get more confident in the process.
>>
>>17416715
>he still hasnt realized attraction is subjective
>>
So OP is fat and insecure and salty because her BF manning up and getting SWOLE reminds her of how much of a fat lazy slobs she is?
>>
>>17415544
Break up with him. You'll be doing him a favor.

Anyone who can't handle their partner improving themselves and their health is an insecure bitch and you will only hold him back from becoming better.
>>
>>17415544
You either grow together or you grow apart

It's a pretty good thing your boyfriend has started working out, but it is a lifestyle and he has changed

There's nothing wrong with wanting your old boyfriend back, but he's gone

The best advice is either going to be accept him as the changed person or leave him and find someone new
>>
WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
Are you a dude op ?
>>
>>17416212
>4chan logic doesn't apply to the real world
>spouting /r9k/ rhetoric
stop while you're so far behind
>>
>>17416212
Sounds lie you're OP trying to sound like you're not to me.

OP is clearly a fatty who feels threatened by her partner's interest in improvement and is probably thinking he'll want to improve on his gf as well and with her attitude, he probably should.

Being fit isn't going to keep you from getting married to a good woman you fat faggot. If anything, it will increase your options if you have a good personality because then you will be good looking and a good person.

tl;dr Fuck off fatties.
>>
File: 855698.png (9KB, 423x409px) Image search: [Google]
855698.png
9KB, 423x409px
>>17416778
don't worry senpai just lift the pain away
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.