[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's nothing going on in my life. I'm 19, dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

There's nothing going on in my life. I'm 19, dropped out of college and barely working. I just want to escape from this mess by joining the US military. I'd like to support my parents and siblings with military benefits as well; which is ultimately why I wouldn't resort to committing suicide.

1.) How exactly do I enroll in the US military (where do I begin the process and what are the requirements)? I'd like to be in it immediately.
2.) What branch would you guys recommend? Pros and cons of the branch I should consider?
>>
http://www.goarmy.com/learn.html
>>
1. go talk to a recruiter, they'll be happy to help you as its their job. A quick google search will find the one closest to you. Usually the enlistment process takes on average 6 months, but it can be shorter or longer depending on what job you want (if you accept a really shit job you can get in almost immediately but you really don't want to do that) joining the coast guard will take a lot longer since they don't need as many recruits so there's a long wait list.

2. It depends on where you're interests lie, each have their pros and cons. Personally I join d the Navy as it has the best opportunity for travel and I love ships and being on the water.

I'd break it down like this:
Army - you want to be a soldier or want to operate huge vehicles, if you go for a combat oriented job you probably wont get to actually do much since there's no war on

Navy - you want to see the world or you like ships, its the most peacekeeping oriented of the 5 branches and has a lot of interesting technical jobs that can lead into a good career after you get out

Air Force - you like planes/aviation, it has the cushiest living conditions of any branch but that's all relative so its still pretty spartan, same as the navy with good technical training

Marines - you've always wanted to be a soldier and you take pride in doing things the hard way rather than the smart way, don't join the marines

Coast Guard - you love being on the water, you actually want to defend america and help americans. They're really the only branch that genuinely does that, they rescue mariners in distress, and stop smugglers.

They all have their pros and cons, it's hard to say which would be best for you without knowing much about you. What are your interests? When I was in the navy I was a Quartermaster, which means I dealt with navigation and was the guy actually driving the ship, it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>17415557
Thanks. AF and Navy sounds great... I'll consider those two because they can teach me some technical skills for when I exit the military, as well as travelin . Thanks again :)
>>
Benefits do not extend to parents or siblings, idiot.
>>
>>17415527
go for it . wish i'd done the same when I was you'r age . navy is probably the best . my grandfather was in the navy and went everywhere .
>>
>>17415527
>army

Best branch. You get to choose your job. Want to learn a trade? Be a fucking killer? Work in medical or Intel? Join the army

>navy

"You get to see the world" yeah most of it is fucking water. You're a sailor who has lots of gay sex

>Air Force
Easiest branch. You can learn something technical and land a sweet job in the civilian world. The living standards and physical standards are the best and easiest.

>marines
If you want to be infrantry then I'd become a marine. The toughest of the branches. They get a lot of respect but you might be miserable

>coast guard
You fight pirates and shit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.