[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, tell me what your relationships with your siblings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: 14605087725291.png (440KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
14605087725291.png
440KB, 657x527px
Hello /adv/, tell me what your relationships with your siblings are like.
>>
Kinda shitty, hate the bitch and she got some serious mental problems. When I move out gonna cut her out of my life she's literally been nothing but a nuisance and is stupid to top it all off.
>>
I've got two younger brothers. We don't talk much. They're a lot tighter (even though there's four years between them as opposed to two between the middle brother and I).

They make fun of the all the time, and they'll unequivocally take each others' side if I disagree with one on something, but they come to me for advice and stuff when they need it, and I think they actually do listen. At the very least, they put some stock in what I have to say. We just don't have complementary personalities I guess.

The middle is my father's favourite and the younger is my mother's favourite and I'm not close with my parents either; I think I've just always been the self-sufficient loner/outsider of the family.
>>
>>17415358
estranged, all my relationships are distant or non-existent.
>>
I have a decent relationship with my sister now that we're older and live far away from each other. She's fun to drink and hang out with. I can't spend too much time with her though. She's very happy and successful and that reminds me of my shortcomings.
>>
>>17415375

no anon, she is your sister, you need to be patient. don't cut things off. Family is all we have.
>>
>>17415392
That's dumb, you shouldn't be obligated to someone just because you happen to be related to them.

Family doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>17415358
My relationship with my sister's pretty good now that we're both adults and she's moved out of home, we hang out in the same friend group on weekends and I give her and her bf lifts and shit because I drive and she doesn't. Had a lot of issues with her when we were younger though, mostly due to her BPD I think.

My relationship with my brother is pretty much non-existent because he's a lot older than me and only a half brother, don't know him too well. He's chill when I do see him (every few years) though.
>>
>>17415392
What he said>>17415401

Trust me anon you don't know her she is literally just a slate of mental problems, she's 21 but acts like she is 12. She has been nothing but trouble for me and put my family in financial debt. I gave her a chance so many fucking times but I'm done now, fun k her , I got my own life to live and she's been ducking it up for some time now. Fuck now you got me ranting
>>
Two older brothers. We don't talk much unless they visit, which they don't.
My oldest brother (23) lives in Oklahoma, is in the air force, and is lazy so he doesn't want to take a 10hr drive to see us. Which I (18) understand. He used to bring his XboxOne and PS4 and I would sit and watch him play. He would ask me watch this scene with him, so I think he enjoyed me staying to watch.

My 2nd eldest brother (21) had a falling out with my dad, cops were called, threats were made, and he's not allowed in our house anymore. He was kinda insane, egotistical, and aggressive but we would have deep philosophical talks at night.

I don't see the family getting back together anytime soon as I'm moving on to college and the army. My cousin (29) has reached out to me though. Since I'm moving much closer to his family I can see him developing into a close brother like relationship I used to have.
>>
>>17415431
Honestly I guessed on my brothers ages. They're probably older. I don't really know anymore.
>>
Nonexistent.
>>
My brother is 5 years younger than me, and stationed in Japan, so we don't really talk much.

My sister is the worst dregs of the tumblr/sjw/trend-hopping slurry. She's a malignant narcissist(clinical, not just superficial) who destroys everything she touches with her selfishness and twisted sense of 'justice'.

I made the smart choice to stop talking to her all together, and now that our aunt has kicked her out(again), I will not be lending a shoulder the way I have for years. She's 30, and can't hold down a job or maintain a healthy relationship(she's a mind-fucker who targets vulnerable 18-21 year olds).

The only regret I have is that she's probably stolen half of my late grandmother's belongings by now. She already nearly starved the poor pets, and I shudder to think at the state of Granma's house. Dumb cunt needs to OD already and stop destroying lives.
>>
>>17415358
>be male
>molested by both older brothers

>brother died in car crash
pissed on grave
>other brother in prison
fucked his girlfriend

that sums it up for me.
>>
>>17415358
My sister is my best friend.
We talk every day and go out together at least 2 times a week, now that we don't live together anymore.
>>
File: 1301060007352.jpg (18KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1301060007352.jpg
18KB, 200x300px
Me and my younger sister can't get along that well due to history of mutual dislike and fighting along with the fact that my sister became a totally self centered, thieving and disrespectful cunt during her teens and hung out with utter trash.
Though things are far better nowadays, the bitterness lingers, and I have hard time seeing her in any positive light.

My little brother is ok, but he is 8 years younger than me, so there is not much common ground between us, other than that we both like videogames.
>>
>>17415358
>age 7
>have stroke
>takes 3 years to return to 90% normality as i lost the ability to walk for 1 year, and the ability to talk for 2 years

>sister hates me for it; tells me that she hates me cause i got all the attention
>she said this when i was 28 and she was 29

shes hated me for over 2 fucking decades cause i had a stroke when i was younger. She is beyond literally beyond fucked in the head

i said to her one day if she wants one so bad she can turn around and ill give her one or two swings with a hammer and see how she likes having a stroke; its not A FUN EVENT
>>
>>17415815
yo nice
>>
>>17415358
Have a younger brother a couple years younger, shits pretty cash. If you need an extra man when playing a game, you can rely on someone who was raised like you to be chill
>>
I just got really close to my brother and I don't like it that much as now I feel I have told him too much. I think that I am going to try to break this down a bit for the next several years, keep it to generals not personals
>>
>>17415822
Are you both girls? So cute :3
My brother is my best friend too, we are twins but I'm a girl.
>>
Its so bad I tried to write it down a few times but kept deleting it
>>
I am 23 years old femanon. I have a younger sister and two younger brothers. All of us have been severely damaged by our physically/sexually abusive father growing up. We all have problems but we are also a very solid family because of it and always have each other's backs because we bonded over what our dad put us through together.

My sister(20) has mania and schizophrenia which are activated whenever my father contacts her. She has been in the mental hospital 6 times because of him. She takes a lot of responsibility for this though, she makes sure to do whatever she can to minimize and apologize for any collateral damage her disorders cause. She is one of the most intelligent people I have in my life and can talk about any scientific, psychological, even mathematical subject. We confide in each other about almost everything. She takes my brothers out on weekend trips, drives them to the beach, always is there for us.

My brother(18) is one of my best friends in the whole world. We are both very nerdy. We both love superhero movies and video games. We used to play WoW together too. He comes to me for girl advice. He is so goofy and positive and he's probably the best guy I have in my life. When he was about 13 my dad had an alcoholic rant and ended up forcefully throwing my brother against a wall. He would often yell at my brother for no reason, telling him he was shit, etc. I would go to my brother's room any time this happened and made sure to tell him that he didn't deserve to be treated like that at all and to never believe that he was anything less than a great person. I would also try to stand up for him but my dad would turn on both of us. Well, now we trust each other more than anyone in the world.

My youngest brother(16) is autistic. I have almost no relationship with him because he won't let me in. He is suicidal, depressed, doesn't even listen to music. One of my dad's friends molested him recently(cont)
>>
Used to be really bad as kids. She was the goody goody, straight A student type that would never dare go against our parents word and would throw me under the bus if I ever did. Didn't trust her for shit. After she went away for college and I was still in high school shit got much better. She began to realize our parent's weren't always seeing the big picture after she had to fight my dad to actually major in what she wanted to do in life and not what would make massive amounts of money like he liked. It was kinda funny, our personalities kinda swapped after we both started college. I became closer to our parents and kinda clung onto them (though I still wasn't a snitch or anything), and she seriously distanced herself from them. Her grades slipped in college while mine only improved, she became a lot more social while I lost all my friends after graduation and am now a friendless hermit.

I'd say we're pretty good friends now. We've both walked a mile in each other's shoes I guess lol. Still though, I wouldn't say we're as close as my other friends are with their siblings. We still have a lot of differing opinions and mindsets, namely she's a huge sjw feminazi so I feel like I have to babystep around a mine field in our conversations as to not start a war.
>>
>>17416800
My brother used to be my best friend too (I'm a gal) until he got a girlfriend and became a moody teenager. Now he hates me.

Very good relationships with my older sisters though. Been travelling with one, and generally spend a lot of time with the other.
>>
>>17416813
(cont) and my dad tried to protect his friend by telling my brother not to let anyone know what happened. Thankfully he didn't listen to my dad and now we're able to help him... but he still refuses to hang out with us or have any extensive conversations. He fights with his older brother even though we are all just trying to help him. I have dreams at night of him walking off a cliff in order to get away from the world. Because he often threatens suicide. He hates his father with a passion. He says the reason he never listens to music is because dad was a musician. I hope that therapy can help him so that we can be friends one day.
>>
>>17415358
Sister is 2 years younger. We were never all that close, and living 3K miles apart hasn't helped.

Our father died recently. She dutifully appeared for a few days, but that was it. No idea when I'll see her again.
>>
>>17415866
Well, screw your sister. If she wants to be spiteful thats her burden to bear.
>>
>>17415815
Did it make you feel any better stooping to their level? Genuinely curious.
>>
Only child master race checking in.

Feels great.
>>
>>17416844
kek, yeah I always feel like everyone should stop at one, 2 max. Anymore and you gotta spread your attention so thin, someone's bound to get left out. However there is something to say about having 2 kids back to back, close together in age, they kinda help one another out developmentally. But there are def pros and cons to being either the first or last kid that you avoid all together by just quitting at one.
>>
>>17415358
context: I'm 21, she's 17
I fucking loathed my sister for the longest time. We were in a shitty situation at home with our parents being childish manipulative garbage who'd encourage our "rivalry" (divide and rule) in order to "keep me on track": they thought I was a problem child and wanted to keep me from having any support at home. By doing this they ignored my sister for years: she started acting up as a result and became the problem child I never was (running away at 15, disappearing in another city at 16, bad-to-average grades in school, no professional goal). In this feud, sis and I would steal and destroy prized posessions from each other, plot and frame each other in stuff involving school authorities and at some point even the police, destroy stuff at home both ours and our parents and framing the other one, stuff like that
When we noticed how they were never going to notice her and care for her despite all of her cries for help and that they would never stop seeing me as some kind of terrorist despite never causing problems and leading a fulfilling life, we just bonded over how shitty they were and now we're super close.

I left their house 3 years ago to study and sis is now left alone there with my parents complaining all day long about me. She's getting increasingly frustrated with how they can't stop and look at her but rather keep talking about me when I've been away for 3yrs, and she got more reckless about running away again and/or fucking up her studies. I'm trying to help her and calm her down as much as I can because I can't support her right now and she still has a full year to spend in that house while she finishes high school, but stuff's looking up lately, she now has a professional goal, she's looking into therapy, and most of our pent up rage is gone.

Parents still shit tho
>>
>>17416780
huh, why does it feel weird? too much of a blurred line between close friend and family member?
>>
My brother's around 22 I think. We just act as roommates as we share an apartment, he's got anger management issues and is overall an asshole. He was always favored by my father over my twin and I, maybe he has a superiority complex. To him I'm just the guy who stays inside his room all day all night and only really goes out to go to uni. Whenever there's something he doesn't like he gets angry, starts yelling, acts arrogantly, pushes things around, hits walls. He even made a hole in my door with a knife once. I don't live with my father anymore but I recently moved out, so he stays in touch. He always takes his side even when he's clearly in the wrong, at least until I threatened I'd call the cops on him when he was about to hurt me after I told him to get out of my room. That was a wake up call for him, I guess.

My twin brother and I are on and off. He's got mental issues, so do I but in larger proportions as he's better at coping. Sometimes he's an asshole and loves to ignore me, sometimes he's friendly. I don't know if he'll be there in my direst times of need. I can't trust my own twin; how funny is that?
>>
File: 24362435243.jpg (56KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
24362435243.jpg
56KB, 638x480px
>>17416909
kind of, and I feel that it is one sided a lot of the time, like as if he feels shy to open up about his shittier sides like I do (it's funny because I'm younger than him and often feel in control with the conversations) I feel that I it would be better to just simmer it down a bit
>>
>>17415358
I have 4 siblings, 3 older 1 younger. My relationship with the younger one is shit we despise each other. I have good relationships with 2/3 of the older ones, but despise the other
>>
>>17415851
Same thing happened to my sister, she even steals from the family. You would think she's on drugs but no. She just sucks. We have to lock everything up and she is always in denial even when you have evidence
>>
>>17416932
Are they all girls?
>>
My brother is 22, three years older than me, and we're basically like friends that have moved apart from each other. We text every now and then, see each other sporadically, but it's understood we'd always help the other out if they needed it. I just drove 8 hours yesterday to pick up his old truck and take it back home to my dad, who is selling it. He seemed really appreciative, which is nice. I'm going to the same college as him in a few weeks so hopefully that relationship will grow.

My sister is 27, an eight year difference, and now we have a pretty decent relationship. She has moved to London (family lives in Texas), so the distance kinda sucks but she's really happy. Her boyfriend, who she moved in with, is a really good guy and I totally trust him with her. I just visited for a few days and hung out with the both of them in London, and it was really great.

We have a better relationship than my brother and I, ironically enough. In fact, we weren't really that close before she left. A few years ago, I hardly spoke to either of them, but now as we're all getting older, we're all coming together and I like it a lot. It's a pretty weird dynamic.
>>
>>17416813
>>17416826
I hope someone beats the shit out of/murders your dad. What a lowlife.
>>
>I'm 21
>Older brother is 28, he's married, he was always the one i looked up to. Nowadays we just chit chat for a while.
>Older sister is 25 she's still living in the house with us, she's very noisy and stuff.
>They both get together very well, a lot of common friends and they usually go out to bars together.
>They always invite me but its not really my thing.
I don't know I have a weird relationship with my siblings. But its my fault, i can't really open up to them.
>>
I have to say I'm a little surprised that so many people have distant and/or poor relationships with their siblings.

Pretty sad state of affairs.

I wonder if it's always been like this?
>>
>>17415358
Ignoring eachother's existence.
>>
>>17415358
I guess it's average, maybe worse.
I'm the oldest, got two brothers 3-4 years younger.
We barely have anything in common besides a bit of the same sense of humor, taste in music and love for cats and nature.
Older one is best at almost everything, was "the favorite" for a long while and can get cocky and annoying as hell. The younger one's got mental problems and we are all scared for him because he got into some shady shit with drugs and he can not be reasoned with.
They are exercising or play fighting together sometime and I feel like we are drifting apart.
Youngest is mad at me because he thinks I'm a boring normie. I talk with the older sometime, about family things and memes.
I'm moving away soon and would probably end up never talking to the youngest because he is becoming an angry aspie recluse.
>>
I'm 18, and have a brother who's 16.

Both of us are pretty socially inept, but I got better when I was around 16 due to branching out and exploring new interests and also from getting a gf.

He never did those things, and so he's exactly the same as I was before that happened, which is to say completely autistic.

Since I've been away at college it seems like he's gotten even worse, I don't even know what his interests are any more and I feel like I can't relate to him at all. I just look at him and get depressed because I see what I could have become. But at the same time I don't think there's anything I can do to help him, and every conversation we have is really short because neither of us know what to say when it's just the two of us. We're practically strangers.
>>
>>17418533
Well take him with you from time to time. Whereever it is that you are going. You are in luck or should i saw your brother is in luck. He's only 16, plenty of time to form new connections in the brain, synapses, neurotransmitters, etc. Essentially, he still can from new neural pathways. It sounds too scientific but what I'm trying to say, you cant teach an old dog new tricks. But he is a puppy right now.

I'm actually surprised, usually its the younger siblings who excel and do better socially
>>
It's amazing
Sex could be better though
>>
My twin is a virgin, but im not

What a fukin puss lol

It's a shame that he cant utilize our looks right
>>
I am crazy about my older sister. There's no one whose death I would be more devastated by.

Growing up as kids we were extremely close and played together all the time. She would always buy me some sweets if her vacation started before mine, and when I was sick she made me chicken soup and a bed on the couch. We grew apart a bit when she was around fourteen because she developed severe anorexia and pushed me away to try to downplay how suicidally depressed she was. Recovered when she was ~twenty and slowly started to do better.

I admire her, she is fiercely intelligent and ambitious and has been extremely succesful for her age. (She is now doing her PHD.) At the same time I recognize her doubts, worries and insecurities. Our dad was pretty bad tempered and out of control, and it is comforting to be able to share those memories and the process of overcoming the effects it has on you. It is amazing to see her grow and develop further and further while still having the memories of what she was like as a little girl. She's the only one person I can say with full certainty I will spend my life with. I would do anything for her, no questions asked.
>>
Nonexistant.

They're all half-siblings, about five from my father's previous two marriages and one from my mother's previous marriage. On top of that there is a huge age gap between me and them so it made it hard for me to ever see them as a brother or sister anyways. It's not like they ever saw me as family anyways.

There is my half-sister from my mother's side though, but her husband hates me and I guess she's grown to as well.

I'm pretty young, and my parents are old enough to be my goddamn grandparents. They'll be gone soon and that's when I'll literally have no family left except for my dog.
>>
We used to cuddle up in a blanky together and binge watch tons of stupid animes. He got drugged in Thailand that causes retrograde amnesia and has forgotten all about me. He was an asshole growing up and tears my self confidence to shreds time and time again and I'm still a socially retarded autist today because of that but when he's feeling alright, he's the best ever. I love him.
Now he's awkward around me because he probably knows before this he was the biggest asshole who left paths of destruction everywhere in his wake, not an exaggeration. My big bro deserved what he got.

But fuck all of that. I love him.
>>
When I was a small child my Sisters would lock me in a room with no light for hours because annoyed them.
>>
My family's pretty full. I'm 17, I have a twin, opposite sex. I have an older brother(25) who's with the seals. I have an older sister(21) who's in college, and a younger sister(15) who seems to adore me. I also have a younger brother(12). My parents are almost divorced, they fight all the time. This kindof forced my older siblings to take over the role of 'parent'. I used to look up to my older brother, but once he was of age, he left to the army. I kinda feel jealous of his freedom. My older sister left us as well, as soon as she could(my parents really make our lives hell with their fights). I now sit at a crossroads. Soon I'll be able to leave home(I'm planning to go to Alaska), but by doing so, I'll abandon my younger siblings and my twin(with whom I have the best relationship with) like my older siblings abandoned us. My twin and I are very attached to each other(kind of like the no game no life siblings, in the way that we love being together), and we've stood out for one another since we were forced to choose sides. My younger sister's probably in love with me, almost like the way I was in love with my older sister when I was twelve, and I don't know how to deal with her passion. My relationship with my younger brother is almost non-existant, the only common ground we have are the games he plays with me in my ps3 at night. He is autistic, and it really makes it hard for me to develop a relationship with him. My older brother told me I could join the army and stay with him, while my older sister wants me to study in college(probably the same as her), but as I said earlier, I crave for the freedom and wildness of Alaska. My twin says she won't manage it here without me. When my older siblings come home, they try to take me to bars and the like; my twin tells me I'm too much of a neet, although I do go to the gym. I'm a virgin, and I've never had any girlfriends. My relationship with my siblings is pretty much great, and I don't want to abandon them.
>>
>>17416800
Yup, both girls!
My parents adopted her (daughter of family friends, her mom died and she didn't have any relative alive), she is a few months older than me.
We have been living together since we were 11.
>>
>>17415358
Great. My bro is a bro and while he was sporty and I was nerdy, we always found time for each other. That and he liked games too so we connected over that a lot. Only 8 months between us, but he acts his age of mid twenties.
>>
>>17416780
Does he abuse his knowledge of you?
>>
>>17419871
Have you talked to them about it?
>>
>>17419911
No. Im pretty reserved, the only one I let in my life is my twin, but she doesn't know where I'm planning to go.
>>
My brother is my best friend and my favorite person in the entire world, even though he's 6 years younger than me. We're inseparable. Sometimes I think we're twin souls or whatever that reincarnation/soulmate theory is, or the same person split into two bodies. It's uncanny how alike we are, how we're always finishing each other's sentences etc.
>>
>>17415358

Distant, not very close, except perhaps with my oldest sister. Her and I are closer although I am distant from my family overall.
>>
The eldest (27)of three. Have a sister and brother.
Relationship between them and it seems stable.

My sister (23)looks at me with esteem at times, treats me a gay brother when she wants fashion tips and such. As for how I see her, hmm, she's a child that's trying to deal with being a mother. She's slowly learning what it's like to be a responsible adult. At times she can get very annoying, but after years of being her brother I learned to be unaffected by her female tactics when it comes to arguments. When peace is in effect, things are okay between us.

My brother(20) respects me for the most part. He looks up to me for just life advice and such. I like him, he can be a bit on the stupid side when he acts, but what can expect from a person almost a decade younger?

They together look at me like sage, or a know it all. Mostly the former as they tend to come to me for information that one can find on the Internet. I am also the glue in the middle of my family. My siblings including my parents don't seem to function as well without me around. My sister and brother don't really get along too well and tend to rip into each other with out me around.

Pretty much that.
>>
>>17419923
Maybe you should, if this will be impactful on their lives.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.