[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it legal for a company to charge your debit/credit card without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: receipt.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
receipt.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Anyway, last night I had a friend over and we ordered a pizza with my debit card (though it ran as Credit)

The driver never called, never rang the bell, or anything . We assumed that the order didn't go through or we ordered too close to closing.

This morning we found the pizzas just sitting down on the door step in lime 80 degree weather. They were like warm and soggy.

Now...here's the thing. Nobody ever signed the receipt accepting payment for the pizza. The driver just left it there with an empty receipt and drove off.

It says clearly on the receipt "I accept payment of this transaction with my signature"

So how can they charge me if nobody signed it?

I called the manager and he claims payment goes through once you place an online order.

I checked online and nowhere does it say that. It also says "Our Guarantee, if you are unhappy with your order, we will replace it or refund you in full.

I'm thinking of calling my bank for a chargeback, but since my friend did place the order they could say we willingly agrees to pay. However that is based finally upon the signature on the receipt.

I've heard many stories of people refusing things and not signing their receipt due to poor customer service or such.

I have a picture of the receipt unsigned, which also clearly states "I agree to pay this amount"

If nobody signs a package for UPS or refuses a package they are not charged.

Do I have a case or no? Especially since the delivery driver and manager both acted like dicks and as if he knows how credit or debit cards work.

This was from dominoes.

I was told i should contact Corporate. Also I've never done a chargeback so I don't know what id say or do on the phone with the bank.

pic is the receipt,clearly unsigned, with the statement saying "I agree to pay the above amount"
>>
File: pizza outside overnight.jpg (34KB, 293x521px) Image search: [Google]
pizza outside overnight.jpg
34KB, 293x521px
Second pic is the pizza in the morning. :|
>>
Sorry for triple post, but I did send an email to Corporate, including the pictures, but will probably call tomorrow too, since email is probably not the best option.
>>
Call credit card company. Reverse charges. Pizza money is now back.
>>
>>17414855

I've never done this before. What exactly do you say? I checked out a few articles and some say you need to go to the Bank and actually fill out forms and such, and show evidence that you were robbed.

True?

And would the Receipt be enough evidence? Maybe the picture of the pizza sitting outdoors, too?
>>
Because you didn't sign the receipt, the pizza place can't hold you accountable for your neglected pizza. When you sign a receipt, you're accepting the conditions of the product.
Be a grown up and call the pizza place and demand your money back and a replacement.
>>
Shouldn't have sent them a picture. Shoulda just said it never arrived, since they have no signature they have no proof it was ever delivered anyways.
>>
>>17414942

I did but the manager was a douche and kept saying that once you put the order through online they get the funds automatically. I knew that was bullshit but he wouldn't stop blabbering and became increasingly loud and asshole-ish.
>>
>>17414964
>>17414964
Tell him he can't legally hold you accountable for the pizza since you never signed it. Also, freak him out and say you'll be reporting him for credit card fraud or something
>>
>>17415011
This. When I worked at a restaraunt at 16 I was surprised to learn that the manager was just some guy who had worked in service 10 years longer than the anyone else there. They're not smart and if you assert yourself as intelligent you'll psyche them out
>>
>>17415029
Exactly.
Op, idk if your dominos is private or corporate owned- either way, they're not going to want a lawsuit and will give you back your money.
If they don't, go through with it. That shit is kind of shady anyways
>>
>$51 dollars

what the fuck did you order
>>
>>17414928
The receipt is sufficient.
I used to work for a credit card processing company and the burden of proof relies entirely on the company you issue the chargeback against. Basically, it's a huge fucking pain in the ass for them to not lose out on it.

And considering its dominos, they won't bother to.
>>
>>17414928
I'm in Australia. You just call them here. Also doesn't have to be a robbery.
>>
>>17415040

This would be small claims, right? Would it really be worth it for 50 dollars? Or just threaten them with it?
>>
>>17415062
I think threatening would do the trick. If you complain/threaten enough they'll probably give in
>>
>>17415062
Call your bank.
>>
>>17414928
>>17415060

You can't do this shit. You paid for a product and service which you ordered. The product was delivered.
Chargebacks are for fraudulent transactions, Not because a delivery man didn't knock on your door.

This is between you and Dominos. Make sure your doorbell works. If the driver didn't see the doorbell (since it was 1:53am and he was probably tired), would you have heard him knocking ?

Doesn't dominos have online order tracking that shows the pizza is being made and delivered ?
>>
>>17415131
>You can't do this shit
Yes you can. You can even do it if a product breaks and the place you purchased it from is fucking you around. He didn't sign, they didn't tell him the pizza was there. Who the fuck leaves a pizza on the doorstep? They had his phone number, they could have even called.
>>
>>17415131
>>17415131
>You paid for a product and service which you ordered.
Yeah, he did.
>The product was delivered.
It was not delivered fully, the service was not rendered. If a waiter comes to you and puts your food which you ordered on the floor instead of the table, or on top of a trash can without informing you it's yours or making any attempt to give you it, would you pay for it? The delivery man fucked up and failed to do his job, he failed to get their attention either through ringing a doorbell, knocking, or calling. Because he failed there's no evidence whatsoever that OP agreed to pay- because he didn't, the service was never rendered. Simple as that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.