[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv. I'm trying to red pill my dad. He makes enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1466455568693.jpg (111KB, 501x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1466455568693.jpg
111KB, 501x2048px
Hey adv.

I'm trying to red pill my dad. He makes enough money to support our family, but my mother spends so much that he can't invest in things that would help us break out of the upper-middle class bracket into better things. My house is literally filled to the brim with trinkets and shit that NOBODY uses or needs. She just bought me a pair of fucking $100 shorts that were 'on sale', they don't fit, and she can't refund them. I've told him multiple times that he needs to limit her weekly spending to something reasonable, but he won't take any action. He cares too much about what this cheating bitch thinks to do anything, and nothing I say seems to get through to him. What do, adv?
>>
Suggest to them an app like "Mint" it graphs out you monthly spending.
>>
if he's happy just leave him alone.
if you're determined, find out what'll push his buttons. information coupled with emotion is very persuasive. limbic system or some shit.
>>
>>17414093
It is not your fucking money and not your business.
If they are okay with the way they spend money, it's not up to you to decide anything.
>>
>>17414093
It's not your money. If he's okay with it, you have no right to tell him what to do.
>>
>How do I tell my parents how to run their lives
Even if you're 100% in the right OP you'll always look like an ignorant barking pup to them. Just work hard, save money and move out.
>>
>red pill as a verb
>>>/pol/
>>
I'm not trying to tell him how to run his life, I want to help him. He always complains about this type of shit, telling me how he hates how the house is filled with shit, so I offer advice like spending limits for the cunt who doesn't work and cheats on my father. He also doesn't believe me that she cheats, even though I've seen proof of it.
>>
>>17414139
It sounds like your familial problems are deeper than just her spending money.
>>
>>17414139
>I'm not trying to tell him how to run his life
But you are.

>he can't invest in things that would help us break out of the upper-middle class bracket into better things
And don't give us that bullshit about how you're doing it to help him, your reasons are perfectly selfish

I'm pretty concerned about the way you speak about your mother too.
>>
>take all useless shit she buys
>sell on ebay
>Save money
>>
>>17414139
Doesn't matter. You still live with your parents and you sound... 18? 20 tops? To them, you're a kid that doesn't know his balls from his asshole yet. Being aggressive isn't helping that image either.
>>
>>17414139
>I'm not trying to tell him how to run his life, I want to help him.
It's the same thing, really. You have good intentions but people will only change if they really want to.

>He always complains about this type of shit, telling me how he hates how the house is filled with shit, so I offer advice like spending limits for the cunt who doesn't work and cheats on my father.
He sounds like my father-in-law. He doesn't really want advice, or to take action. He just wants to complain about everything while nothing changes. He may be worried about losing her or the drama that will follow that kind of conversation with her. Next time he starts complaining, cut him short by telling him, "That's terrible. I'm sorry." and move on.

>He also doesn't believe me that she cheats, even though I've seen proof of it.
There are some people that, even when they see it for themselves, they won't believe it. They'll make up excuses for the worst actions because they're so mentally fragile. You could try showing him proof, but that doesn't mean he'd leave her.
>>
>>17414093
Dude, you can't do anything about it. The same thing happened to me but it's ok. Just get your own money, spend it on what you want and if possible get your own house/dept.
If they want to learn they'll have to do it the hard way. Just enjoy your life.
>>
Ask yourself this: did your dad ever ask for you to help him? Sometimes people just complainto complain. There could also be parts of the relationship you're not privy to, bring the child.

Overall you sound pretty clueless, but that's to be expected from such an obvious /pol///r9k/ escapee.
>>
>>17414154
This.

As someone who also have issues with buying shit, I promise you she won't notice if something is missing. Out of sight out of mind, and all that...
>>
I'm twenty two, I just finished university. I know that there may be parts of their relationship that I may not be privileged to know, but the way she speaks to me and my father just piss me off. I do plan on saving until I can move out, hopefully in a few months.
>>
>>17414193
>I'm twenty two
You act like an angsty 15 year old who thinks he knows everything about the world and everyone else are just sheeple
>>
I've kept my mouth shut for the majority of the time since I've started noticing certain behavioural patterns about her, like randomly skirting off in the middle of the night, but the second I decided to say something to my father was when I saw her texting extremely graphic things to a number that I later identified as a previous hockey coach that was on my brothers team.

I don't want to sound out of place or like a brat to him, but I know him, and I know that if he could, he would've rather not had children, and he would've rather invested his money and use the profits to live his life the way he wants to. I want to contribute to that dream any way I can, which is why I plan on investing most of my money and living as minimally as possible, so that I can help contribute to his investment projects. I'm not coming from a selfish place here.
>>
>>17414202
>know him, and I know that if he could, he would've rather not had children, and he would've rather invested his money and use the profits to live his life the way he wants to
Yeah, but the fact is that he doesn't. End of story.
>>
File: original.jpg (24KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
24KB, 335x352px
>>17414217
Rather, that he didn't.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.