[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/, I need some information on safety deposit boxes. ideally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20140103_134206.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140103_134206.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
So /adv/, I need some information on safety deposit boxes.
ideally I would like to get one that isn't associated with my name in any way, shape, or form.

1. Is it actually illegal to get a safety deposit box under a fake name?

2. Can you get a safety deposit box with no name associated with it? Just a key.
to get one?

3. What information is actually required to open one?

I've never opened one myself, only inherited them and transferred to my account. And I feel like if I asked these questions in a bank, I would get on a list or 12.

Thank you for your time.
>>
Got to a bank and ask for application.

If I were to guess, you can not use a fake name. This is high security shit. Hell, I have a storage facility and they ID me every time I enter.

Best options are getting someone to open one for you, or hiding your shit real well at home.
>>
>>17413974
Man that's a nice storage facility, one of mine is just off the highway, doesn't even have a camera.
>>
No one can open the box but yourself.
Unless you're doing something illegal, there's no reason to need a anonymous safe deposit box
>>
>>17413946
>1. Is it actually illegal to get a safety deposit box under a fake name?
It'll depend on the specific local lwas where you are, but in all likleyhood yes, it will be a crime.

>2. Can you get a safety deposit box with no name associated with it? Just a key.
There are a whole lot of reasons why the bank won't let you do this. One of the major ones is that when it turns out that the box is full of anthrax vials, bridgewire detonators, or the gun that just killed the president of America, the FBI won't take kindly to the bank manager just shrugging his shoulders - he's going to want a name to give them, as much so they don't think it belongs to him as anything else. Also, if they were unregistered, no one would be able to store cash, jewelerry or important papers as every deposit box in the world would be packed full of cocaine (not that people don't put it in them now, but having a name attached to the box puts a limit on how many people are willing to do it).

>3. What information is actually required to open one?
It's exactly the same as opening a bank account, so two forms of valid ID and a credit check to verify the address.

>Best options are getting someone to open one for you
That's not a great idea. No one's going to want to do it for a start - if OP wants to put something in there that he doesn't want to be traceable back to him, I wouldn't want it being traceable back to me either, because I don't want to go to jail for him. Also, if it's registered in their name, there's nothing to stop them showing up at the bank with their ID, claiming they've lost the key and need a replacement, then helping themselves to the contents of the box.

>>17414333
>No one can open the box but yourself.
The police can, with a warrant.

>Unless you're doing something illegal, there's no reason to need a anonymous safe deposit box
It's glaringly obvious that OP wants to do something illegal.
>>
>>17414446
>1
>It'll depend on the specific local lwas where you are, but in all likleyhood yes, it will be a crime.
I assume it's federal regulation right? If it's state level then Texas.
I'll try to look into it more.

>2
Ya that's what I figured sadly

>3
damn

>>Unless you're doing something illegal, there's no reason to need a anonymous safe deposit box
It's glaringly obvious that OP wants to do something illegal.
Honestly, no.

I'm just incredibly paranoid and I like having a get the fuck out of town kit ready and accessible to me.
Safety deposit boxes are a shit ton cheaper than storage buildings, so I thought Id give this one a try.
I mean, the two I have now I pay $15 a fucking year for small one, and I think $25 for the med/larger one.

The reason I don't want my name attached to it is less of a trace back to me reason, and more of a I still have access to it if my accounts are all frozen.

Like I said, I'm a paranoid retard and having things like this set up help me sleep easier.

But ya, thank you for all the info.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.