[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey. I need some help. Ever since I was a kid I excelled in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0194b0ce78d8a23745e89f8bb4ceae66.jpg (365KB, 1000x880px) Image search: [Google]
0194b0ce78d8a23745e89f8bb4ceae66.jpg
365KB, 1000x880px
Hey. I need some help.

Ever since I was a kid I excelled in at least one aspect of my life. I've been getting very good academic results, my writing in French was compared to one of a writer when I was in high school by multiple teachers, I've also always been very good at overall analysis and logic.

Until a few months ago. I've been isolated for a long time to the point my sense of identity is close to non-existent. My emotions are very weak, though I can still cry and experience emotional stimuli. All of a sudden, one day, everything stopped being enjoyable or interesting from my perspective. It's been getting worse. I'm now eating myself alive over the fact I barely pass IQ tests online, whereas I had an IQ of 135 at the age of five, and grew up in an intellectually stimulating environment. Same thing with critical thinking, I barely pass the online ones, though I was renowned with most communities I stuck with over my youth for my ability to reason more clearly than others. (I'm sorry if this sounds like bragging, that's not the thread's point)

I'm going to start university (chem engineering) in less than 30 days. I'm worried as to whether this sudden mental block will affect my results. What do you guys suggest I do, aside from getting therapy as I have very mixed opinions about this, to bring back my cognitive capacities? I've been trying to read more, but I sometimes find my thoughts lost in the middle of the sentence. I've started learning the piano recently, as I've read that enhances the connections in one's brain. Whenever I see a developed argument or an eloquent sentence, I think to myself this could never come out of my mouth, even though I've issued a lot of impressive things in the past.

Is this a mental block, or has my intellect truly, irreversibly regressed? How should I deal with it?
>>
>>17412804
>All of a sudden, one day, everything stopped being enjoyable or interesting from my perspective. It's been getting worse.

You also feel hopeless/helpless and have a hard time concentrating.

Congrats, you have symptoms of depression. Time to see a doctor.
>>
>>17412809

Not really. I don't feel hopeless or helplessness, I actually try to keep a positive mindset to counter my negativity. My depression is very different from other people; my feelings are simply very limited. It's actually better than feeling lonely and sad about myself during brief flashes of self-awareness, which is what I equally fear.

I do have a hard time concentrating, though.
>>
Oh, and your intellect isn't damaged. A few weeks (2-3, usually) on meds should bring you back to normal. Therapy will help for the long term.
>>
>>17412812
Read through this http://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/depression-signs-and-symptoms.htm

If this sounds like (and it does) go see a doctor asap. It'll never go away on its own.

As for your limited feelings: the same thing happened to me. It's part of depression.
>>
>>17412812
>"my depression is very different from other people"
>lists basic symptoms of depression
read up. depression is characterized by a feeling of emptiness or "quiet desensitization" rather than feeling sad in a vast makority of cases.
Your other problem is that you feel like a snowflake because you took everything that people told you about being "exceptional" to heart and now you can't even recognize that you have some waknesses and some strenghts, just as everybody else, and that even your depression is the same as everybody else's.
It's unpleasant, but you'll have to face the fact that you're not anything special. In any case, get therapy.

Oh, and depression makes your brain slower, literally. If you feel dumber, it's because you're sick and need treatment.
>>
We're mostly the product of our environment. If your not in a stimulating environment daily and interacting with other "Intellectuals" your mind can fester. As with anything, the less you use it, the rustier it gets.

University will soon bring you back up to speed as it's an environment geared towards learning. You'll be fine
>>
>>17412804
This sounds far too complex and important for an anime imageboard to solve, regardless if this is depression or not like how everyone else is saying you NEED to go get professional help.
>>
>>17412852

I'm aware of this. I now realize it's my only option to get out of this mess. I'm looking into getting professional help and/or, at the very least, a medical prescription for antidepressants. Putting aside depression and the armada of bizarre mental disorders I suppose I have, I'm very down-to-earth and realistic.
>>
>>17412804
Nice autism faggot lmao
>>
>>17412884

Thanks!
>>
>>17412804
You just go out there and be the best darned mediocrity there is.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.