[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For some reason I can't talk with my girlfriend about "deep"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock_132770237-590x393.jpg (46KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_132770237-590x393.jpg
46KB, 590x393px
For some reason I can't talk with my girlfriend about "deep" stuff, like literature or psychology or even trivial things like what we thought of some movie. I almost always feel incredibly embarassed to sound like I'm trying too hard to be deep and smart, and think she feels the same way. Our romantic conversations hardly ever go beyond "I love you", even though I want to tell her how much she means to me with far wider terms.

This doesn't happen with other people, only with those whom I truly love and really trust. What the fuck is wrong with me, and how do I fix it?
>>
>>17412403
Start with the trivial things like movie critique, and build up from there. Eventually you'll get used to it

Stay away from politics in my opinion though. Pretty sure that was what caused the eventual demise between the ex and I... And that was just me being centre-right, and her centre-left
>>
>>17412408
Will give it a shot, thanks.

I think this strays from me being a pretentious little prick when I was a teenager. The so-called relationships I had back then were choke-full of cheap "intellectual" conversations, until I grew up and got sick of it (and myself). I don't want people close to me to think of me as that kind of douchebag ever again.

I swear, if I could somehow go back in time I'd kick my 15-year-old self's ass so hard.
>>
>>17412420
>"thanks for answer!"
>"let me talk about myself for 4 hours for no fucking reason"
If you wanted us to listen to your life story you could've just said so in the OP, OP
>>
>>17412403
Women never evolved beyond simple animals and don't care about any of that. Unless you want to talk about social media gossip or celebrities don't even bother.
>>
>>17412403

same here man

i find it way easier to open up to people i'm not concerned about what they think of me

like there's this other girl that i wouldnt do anything with in a million years

and i find it really easy to talk to her about stuff i feel self-conscious about with my gf (like sperging out about a videogame or song or something) - when I can barely talk to my gf about anything despite how we used to have chemistry, hence why we got together, but even then, conversations weren't really our strongpoint, idk.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.