[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does anyone live in nyc or Miami in their 20s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
How the fuck does anyone live in nyc or Miami in their 20s holy shit fuck
>>
You can't live in Miami unless you're Cuban and NYC is a shithole so move somewhere else.
>>
>>17412304
Ok Chicago Atlanta or la
>>
idk about miami but for NYC you either have rich parents, 2 jobs, or are one of those assholes who knew exactly what they wanted to do when they went to college, graduated on time and are now gainfully employed with a good career

like my brother, damn him
>>
>>17412308
ATL has decent neighborhoods. Get used to crazy people on MARTA.
>>
>>17412321
Can I afford atl with a low paying job
>>
File: 1400733079420.png (166KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1400733079420.png
166KB, 343x343px
I lived in NYC in my 20s
but it was during the 90s tho
>>
Roommates and going into copious amounts of credit card debt.
>>
>>17412313
Basically this.
Currently working two jobs to sustain myself here but I'm still able to actually get out and enjoy myself though. A lot of my friends here were those lucky ones who actually had a plan in life and have great jobs/income now and all that.
>>
OP big cities are overrated unless you're fucking rich. I live in NYC currently and it's so obvious how little the city cares about its working poor. Walking around people look tired and just beat down by life. I can't wait to leave.
>>
>>17413562
Fuck man, NY sounds like hell. All my NY friends that have well paying corporate jobs complain about it all the time. I'm happy to just be living in Seattle.
>>
>>17413571
i think you just need to have a reason to be there. I work in film production so I really have to be where the work is. And really you just have to take advantage of it while you're here. Being a part of the music scene and just getting to meet so many new people has made living here for me a lot better for me than it was my first year or two.
>>
>>17413562
>it's so obvious how little the city cares about its working poor.

Living on a London estate that is very apparent in the 20 odd years living here. So many "regeneration" projects and the only project that actually improved the estate was when middle-class yuppies, hipsters and students started to move in.

Side Question: What is it with hipsters and their fetishisation with poverty?
>>
>>17413724
Dalston, right?
>>
miami is not particularly expensive.
>>
>>17413734
Eh, a few miles from there.
>>
>>17413740
So I can live there being a poorfag?
>>
>>17412283
I might want to live in South Korea, Seoul. Am i an cuck for thinking about this? I just feel it might be interesting. Currently 19, gonna learn Korean if i'm moving there.
>>
>>17413837
It's not that easy.

You need a work visa. You're 19, I assume you're not in college and don't have any marketable skills. They're not going to let you in. Especially if you don't speak the fucking language.
>>
GO AWAY BRANDON
>>
>>17412283
NY either your parents supplement your income or buy your apartment or you live in shit or have two or three roommates split
>>
for NYC you either
>have parents who pay for shit
>make 60K+ a year
>live with three roomates

you have to have a very good reason to live here though

>>17412313
> or are one of those assholes who knew exactly what they wanted to do when they went to college, graduated on time and are now gainfully employed with a good career

life goals desu
>>
>>17413740
Dude what. I live in Miami and an apartment here, like one room and one bathroom, goes for more than a three bedroom house in Orlando. Miami is expensive as shit.
>>
>>17413816
Absolutely not
>>
nyc is a cesspool and place for rich and tourists
>>
Rich Parents

You think those hipster shits pay for themselves? Even great entry level career-jobs don't pay enough to cover cost of living there. But that's where the best companies are. And so the cycle continues, the wealth gap grows, and the rich further isolate themselves from the plebians.
>>
>>17415155
A lot of it is this.

I go to a private university where the population is primarily white, rich kids. All of the people in my major who have dreams of interning or finding a job in NYC, have straight up admitted that their parents will support them until they can "get on their feet."
>>
>>17413896
This tbqh.
Even the outer boroughs are getting expensive. Brooklyn is a lost cause. Bronx has a lot of section 8 housing where your neighbor is dominican or nigger. Queens has european neighborhoods where all your neighbors are brown and live in shitty little places. Yeah, every borough has its rich areas (Jamaica Estates, Kew Gardens), but mostly cramped little housing.

Tbqh though if you live in NYC, you really shouldnt own a car. Car payments add up, with lease, insurance, and parking. Not even including gas and tickets.
>>
>>17415182
what my bro would do is just park his car in Woodlawn since there's no alternate side of the street parking up there and take the 4 train up to get his car whenever he needed it instead of paying for a parking spot in a garage in manhattan which he said was ludicrously expensive.
>>
Will noone lead us on a global movement for ridding the world of currency
>>
>>17413571
>NY sounds like hell

It really isn't though. Manhattan is for the really rich people, any 20 year old living in a studio apartment in the city, if they aren't making 6 figures a year, are just wasting their money.
>>
>>17415458
and replacing it with what? Are you saying you want to abolish money and just have everyone be the same, idk about that one since even poor first worlders live well above the global average standard of living.
>>
my rent is 4900/mo
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.