[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money doesn't provide happiness. I spent my whole life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: thanks obama real obama cookie.gif (2MB, 349x348px) Image search: [Google]
thanks obama real obama cookie.gif
2MB, 349x348px
Money doesn't provide happiness.

I spent my whole life working hard in school, studying math and science and learning how to discover empirical truths about the world.

Then I went to college and studied computer science because software is one of the things I like most in this world, mainly because of how logical and precise you must be, and that is how I like to be

Then I got a job at a top software company, I make loads of money now and got a fat check 5 figure check in my bank yesterday

The check did not even remotely make me happy, at most I thought "Yay I can afford to splurge on a nice dinner tonight and go buy a new video game without feeling selfish for spending money" but I ate that dinner alone and haven't even bothered to take that video game out of its box yet

I'm miserable and I thought this was the solution - accomplish your dreams, be successful, keep learning and you don't need to be socially competent, just keep working hard and you'll be okay in life

Nope, sitting in that restaurant alone with my full bank account and I still wondered why I bother to be alive

Kill me
>>
>Money doesn't provide happiness.
Wow, you came up with that all on your own?
>>
well the good news is that becoming socially competent is easier than accomplishing all you have, and the money you make will definitely support you on your journey towards becoming who you want to be. I'd say hire a good therapist, a *good* therapist.
>>
File: another-view-of-great-buddha.jpg (860KB, 868x1137px) Image search: [Google]
another-view-of-great-buddha.jpg
860KB, 868x1137px
perhaps sharing your money with me, a useless neet, will help you attain a greater sense of happiness? let me know.
>>
>>17411652
>accomplish your dreams, be successful, keep learning and you don't need to be socially competent, just keep working hard and you'll be okay in life
No one except 4chan autists thing that this is even remotely true, and I'm not convinced they completely believe it either.
>>
>>17411660
he probably doesn't even acknowledge, and this isn't a criticism, how miserable he would be with this problem in addition to being broke and uneducated
>>
>>17411667
please don't bastardize a figure from the last widespread religion that doesn't involve rape
>>
>>17411669
I acknowledge and am well aware

Just saying
>>
>>17411668
what a factually incorrect way to disagree with a statement

are you actually suggesting there aren't people who believe this? have you ever met engineers and compsci majors? some music majors, even! they start to focus more on their skills than their ability to socialize. it's very common among the educated upper-middle class.
>>
>>17411684
Found the autist
>>
>>17411652
This reads like bullshit a child wrote.
>>
>>17411693
Guess I'm a child
>>
>>17411679
Okay, good. Cool.

So are you going to get a therapist?

I was socially inept through my teen years, a total shut-in except for school and hobbies, but I was thrust into socializing by circumstance. I learned to get by socially in like 2-3 years. We're talking girlfriends, friends and confidence, all coming from a place where I would sit alone for hours and ponder why I couldn't assert myself.

You need to be forced to socialize, and you need someone to turn to when it gets difficult.
>>
>>17411692
>>17411693
>writing "insults" a mentally handicapped person could write in a thread where there is no dispute

...what?
>>
Spend more time with your family.
>>
File: haha.jpg (40KB, 659x485px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
40KB, 659x485px
>>17411678
Many famous Buddhist gurus have been involved in rape scandals. Mostly Tibetan Buddhist crazy wisdom rascals but nonetheless, don't act like Buddhism is free of controversy.

Buddha was not such a nice guy himself, either. He once gave a discourse that was so brutally revealing about the nature of suffering in life that dozens of monks committed suicide while he was staying in isolation for a month. When he came out he was like... where is everyone? (if you don't believe me, read the Mahavagga of the Samyutta Nikaya).
>>
>>17411678
What about Sikhism?
>>
>>17411652
how old are you i'll hook you up with a nice hot girl.
>>
Dinner and a video game? You're a adult now, what the fuck are you doing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.