[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm losing my mind Any time I take acid or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: XiFUkvX.gif (2MB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
XiFUkvX.gif
2MB, 500x357px
I feel like I'm losing my mind

Any time I take acid or smoke weed I get these weird thoughts, weird feelings, weird "realizations" like I've figured out the secret to life - and that this secret is that there's no fucking point and it's all a big cosmic joke

Vivid hallucinations that I am nothing more than a background person in some higher being's dream and once he wakes up I'll be gone

Vivid hallucinations that the world is nothing more than a simulation in a digital computer in some other dimension, and that the binary nature of all human choices (do this or don't do this) is a manifestation of the mathematical realities of the computing platform (a binary one) upon which our simulation is built. Emergent mathematical tendencies. The laws of physics are just the result of the underlying rules of the finite state automaton that defines all of existence. The existence of atoms is analogous to the existence of gliders in Conway's game of life. The underlying mechanism of quantum physics is the lazy evaluation of the state of the universe.

Everything I think just points towards "it's all a simulation and I should kill myself to escape"

Hallucinations that everything I've ever read in my life, every historical figure I've ever read about is simply nonexistent and that I, myself, and only myself - my mind - we are the only things that truly exist and everything else is a fantasy

Tell me you're sentient too, tell me I'm not alone in my observation of this weird realm through my eyes ears and nose - tell me I'm not insane and it's just these drugs. Tell me to never do them again

Help me, I'm a successful guy, I'm reasonably smart and well educated and feel like I'm losing it after taking these psychedelics.
>>
>>17411480
Someone
>>
Dude drugs are bad. I'm sure you were warned in grade school. So stop doing them.
>>
We're just fantasies your mind made for you, OP.

Seriously, though. Lay off the fucking drugs.

Dumbass

t. Your mind
>>
>>17411554
I didn't believe the warnings. Everything I read on reasonable, unbiased sites says psychedelics are among the safest drugs known to man. I didn't anticipate the existential questioning
>>
>>17411559
people have killed themselves using psychedelics. Plus I've heard lsd screws with your genetics in case you were wanting to have kids.
>>
>>17411559
>I didn't believe the warnings. Everything I read on reasonable, unbiased sites says psychedelics are among the safest drugs known to man. I didn't anticipate the existential questioning

Jesus Christ. You had the experience, motherfucker. If you're feeling like shit after taking psychedelics, then maybe you should stop taking psychedelics. It's that god damn easy.
>>
>>17411622
So it's not too late and after stopping them this will go away eventually?
>>
>>17411626
I had an existential crisis and I got over it. of course I wasn't doing acid. But I would bet you'll feel better if you quit doing drugs.
>>
File: sadhu67.jpg (36KB, 324x460px) Image search: [Google]
sadhu67.jpg
36KB, 324x460px
>he fell for the "psychedelic" propaganda

try psychotomimetic as a more appropriate term, what those drugs were called before the crafty name change aimed at duping flower children into politcal inactivity and apathy.

not judging, man, i've used them all too, but you have to realize at some point that you will just chase the psychedelic dragon into madness if you continue. don't think that just because it's acid&weed that it's any less harmful to your life than heroin&coke. they all screw us up in different ways.

your "realizations", no offense, are nothing. you know damn well that while tripping the most absurd thoughts, ideas, and theories can at times seem completely true. just because some of them retain some sense of sanity doesn't mean you've actually uncovered the ultimate truth.

in my experience, we have to ditch drugs and leave experiences behind and move into a maturer dimension of meditative non-experience. drugs induce various experiences, meditation leads to a state of non-experience eventually, like if you look into the model of meditative states in buddhism, it ascends into nothingness.

the psychedelic 60s was a psyop and all the talking heads of that generation were either agents or victims of the propaganda themselves. don't buy into it anymore. it was designed to destabilize political protest groups and turn potential radicals into useless stoned, psychotic hippies. i'm all for dropping out of the world, but taking drugs is just a self-destructive way of renouncing it.
>>
>>17411480
>Vivid hallucinations that I am nothing more than a background person in some higher being's dream and once he wakes up I'll be gone

this was literally lindsey's weed paranoia trip in "Freaks and Geeks" where she smoked pot for the first time. she was like omg what if we're just a dream in that dog's mind?!?!?!?! realize these supposedly "deep" psychedelic insights are laughably common results of philosophically untrained minds.
>>
>>17411708
I don't want meditative ego death, I want to just become a consumerist sheep again who is happy when he gets to buy new shiny toys

I don't want to sit and have these memories of wondering whether I'm trapped in a video game and that my God just paused the game and has left me there forever to wonder whether I'll ever get out.
>>
>>17411714
I'm not philosophically untrained and I know these revelations are fucking bullshit, absolutely retarded and non-true

But I have a general sense of unease, anxiety, weirdness. "Weirdness" is the best word to describe it

Like my brain now stores memories of a level of vividness it never knew possible before, just weirdness

Idk
>>
>I'm a well-educated, smart and reasonable guy. I don't understand why I lose my mind UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THESE PSYCHADELLICS.

Something isn't adding up here.

Anyway, you're describing derealization, something very common under the influence of those drugs. You probably have a tendency towards it in the first place, and yes, these thoughts you're having may be factually sound.
>>
>>17411726
>>17411717

relax man, you'll be fine IF you simply stop tripping and stop smoking weed. if you stop tripping but continue smoking weed, you'll perpetuate your anxiety and confusion because weed itself can be trippy especially after using psychedelics.

i've used tons of drugs and after a few weeks of complete sobriety + healthy diet + healthy lifestyle + reading and thinking and keeping mentally engaged and occupied with things it's like i forget all those drug experiences and their impact on my mind. i still have a memory of them but it's a dreamlike memory that causes no disturbance when i think of it.

you're experiencing this weirdness because you're tripping too much, too frequently, and smoking too much. get out of both habits and in no time you'll be 100% fine.
>>
>>17411738
This. Similar to you guys I went through a phase of using various psychs and smoking weed all the time and even when I stopped tripping the weed would still fuck me up, especially if it was a strong sativa strain. It was like going right back into that craziness and I had a few panic attacks from it. I had to stop using everything to come back down to normal reality and get my sanity back. Nowadays I feel totally normal. I wouldn't stress too much over it, OP. Just take it easy and live your life. I still think weird thoughts occasionally but my brain no longer feels stuck in that "weird" state like you said.
>>
>>17411768
100% this. It may feel like it will last forever but it really won't and you'll learn from it. I can control my panic attacks better because you'll know that it won't go anywhere.
>>
>>17411768
My issue is recently I've been vaping strong sativa with 0 tolerance and I'm having experiences literally stronger than multiple strong tabs of acid, so intense.

I need to stop
>>
>>17411480

>Any time I take acid or smoke weed

Stop doing drugs then. Simple. How can you be this retarded?
>>
Accept Jesus as your personal lord and Savior and dismiss your "weird feelings" as the delusions of a doped up fool
>>
>>17411480
Thats not a "realization" about a "greater reality" these strange and frightening hallucinations are just what YOUR brain is telling you when you are on drugs. If anything at all, its showing you something about your own psychology/attitudes etc.
>>
I get similar thoughts OP, except I quite enjoy them. I enjoy learning new things about my mind and realizing things.
>>
No shit anon it's called life.
you have a left hand there buddy.

welcome to your own world, i suggest checking out 420 chan hahahahahaha it is a joke, everything is the metatron cube. good luck
>>
Not OP but thank you all for this thread.
I took acid about two years ago and the experience was so absolutely intense that I still kinda vividly recall some things and I start shivering into the beginning of a panic attack.
I'm actually shivering right now, but I learned to control it a bit. It can be really shitty when I'm not at home though.
I had similar realisations/epiphanies as OP's

Anyway, smoking weed was like acid ever since so after some ugly trips I knew I had to cut it out; which I hate because I learned so much about myself and how I see the world etc. But I got to a point where I prayed for my sanity. Shit times. Can't say I'm not grateful that I got to experience all this though.

Stop doing any drugs and you'll be fine. Give it some time (months/ one year/ something ). I strongly advise you to stop maybe forever. At least don't let your mind trick you easily into thinking that "now you're ready to handle the trip" or whatever.
>>
>>17411480
I could literally write a book in response to this, but to keep it short and simple. Stop doing drugs and just accept you can never really know anything and its all one big joke, takes the edge off.
>>
hey OP,

I figured I'd chime in. I did LSD/shrooms maybe a dozen times from ages 16-24 or so. Smoked weed for many years, and do neither at this point. Some of those experiences were very powerful, vivid, and present and have stuck with me, others were psychotic and frightening and best forgotten.

What you described is actually pretty common to people who have taken such drugs. Vivid tessellating colors, intense sound perceptions. a sense of grand macro 'vision' on the nature of order and the superficial nature of reality.

theres a degree of truth to these things, there's also a huge potential to convince yourself of some 'truth'. At it's best it can show you some other potential interpretations of reality, at worst it will make you act like an egotistical superstitious paranoid asshole.

Don't let it trouble you too much, your gonna be fine. At high doses it's not uncommon for people to experience 'ego death' or a sense of falling away from their sense of self and the grounding reference points of conventional reality. which can be both good and very traumatic.

just take it easy for a while OP, don't jump to conclusions or do anything rash, layoff for a while. Weed can trigger 'flashbacks' after psychedelic usage. If you have latent psychological issues you should not do drugs, they really generally don't help. They can be scary in part because you experienced what essentially amounts to controlled psychosis.

I would do some reading on these substances and understand what cognitively just happened in your brain. LSD leaves your body fairly quickly, but can create long term cognitive shifts.

Know your as sane as you act, and as in control as you know yourself to be.
>>
>>17411559
Drugs make me existential too, especially weed. If i took my adderall and smoke weed? Hooooly shit im locked into deep existential dread for at least 6 hours up to 3 days. Acid is a rollercoaster of terror and euphoria with a side of muscle twitches and paranoia every time. I just can't fuck with it anymore. All I can tolerate anymore is MDMA like 2 times a year and even that puts me in an unpleasant place for the 30 minute comeup.

Those sites are reporting safety, as in will you die, not if you will go insane. Just stay away honestly.
>>
>takes drugs constantly
>worried he's going insane
>keeps taking drugs despite obvious signs of mental degradation

wew lad

you're probably the same dumb cunt that takes hard hallucinogenics and then posts on /x/ about your 'paranormal experience that was totally legit'
>>
Like a snowball, you have rolled your current tunnel of reality into existence. Imagine all sensory experience as feedback, then imagine an acid trip as all the feedback becoming white noise in which you can immediately choose which feedback to experience.

You should try writing the opposite of everything you just wrote (e.g. I'm free to do as I please and enjoy my life), reading it every day for a couple weeks, and coming back to give us the news.

Except you won't have to. Because you'll be one of those pesky "normalfags" talking to mostly depressed losers on 4chan.

Just remember that no one cares, but they do care. They care when you're a person they want to be around. Why should anyone care about what you're saying? Read what you're saying. Read it carefully.
>>
>>17411480
Listen mother fucker

1) You are not somehow the single person who somehow came to understand the nature of the universe

2) Not only is the universe not a simulation, it doesn't make any mathematical sense at all. You define human choice as 1 or 0, when in truth you could define everything by a simple numerical structure like that; the numbers you are putting so much trust into a just human measurements make to make sense of something that just doesn't, the universe does not work mathematically at all.

3) Even if there is a God, there is no reason to fear his absence or despair he no longer cares; because the truth is it doesnt fucking matter anyway

As another anon said, you're just chasing the psychedelic dragon into madness. You've gone straight tin-foil hat mode.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/508246/why-the-universe-is-not-a-computer-after-all/

You keep saying you wish you were a sheep again, when now you are more of a sheep than ever, a slave to your conspiracy and thoughts because you've somehow put your understanding of the world above everyone else's' like none us see through our eyes and think with our brains like you do

The truth is you did too many drugs, and this is all your sub-conscious trying to tell you something much more personal than this cosmic bullshit youve created to hide it
>>
>>17411480
Dude, you need to read up on these things more beforehand. Acid is supposed to put you into that mindset, or something similar.

How much did you take?
>>
>>17411480
You might be experiencing psychotic delusions. I'd suggest checking into a mental health facility.

I don't think "logic" can't really crush delusions like this. You might need therapy.
>>
What's so bad about the situation you described?

I mean, I liked your post that's why I'm writing a reply. I smoke regularly and had realizations too, just not so deep ones (I have never gone past weed).

There's so much stuff we don't know we'll likely die without certainity of anything, I like watching quantum mechanic and space time videos even though there's a lot of stuff I don't understand yet, but above all this layer that rules the universe, we can still have fun out there, look at the sun, cook food and play video games. Just keep giving your feelings something to feel.

It's going to be hard enough for me to quit pot so I'm not going to tell you to quit doing drugs. It does look like it's opening windows for you, but it shouldn't make you depressed. Right or wrong you will never know. Just enjoy the ride.

>>17412416

good post
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.